mutiple tag-fields oder tagging-fields?

Cyrill

Jul 13, 2011, 6:11:30 AM7/13/11
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

will it be possible to use in TW mutiple tag oder tagging fields and
if affimative, what have to be changed ?

I konw that every tiddler can contain individual added fields and I
think it will be usefull to use there all avantgages of tags or
tagging.

Regards

HansBKK

Jul 13, 2011, 8:35:31 AM7/13/11
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure I understand so I'll try to re-phrase what I think you're asking:

Is it possible to store some of a tiddler's tags in an alternative field and still have all the native functionality of tagging as if they were all stored in the usual field?

Please let us know if the above is different from what you're asking.

This forum has had past threads that have discussed having a division between "system" or "backstage" tags, to be used for application functionality separate from "user" or "content" tags, but as far as I know the answer is "no", or at least it would take a significant amount of development effort.

However this fine plugin http://tagsearch.tiddlyspot.com will allow you to group your tags by function in the user interface, definitely helps me to keep my 1000+ tags sorted, only displaying the top 50 or so in a half-dozen groups, but allowing users to quickly search for the remainder.

Cyrill

Jul 13, 2011, 12:08:50 PM7/13/11
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Hans,

your explication gives what i asked for.. and thanks for the plugin,
that I used already.
The reason is to align and facilate the entering of new tiddlers.

The Datastructure needs much more refering tags than tiddlers - if the
answer is "no" the only solution will be with fields and pregiven
listboxes for selecting the tags.
To refer to 1000 tiddlers the data will include probably 3000 to 5000
tags or taggins.

Cheers

On 13 Jul., 14:35, HansBKK <hans...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand so I'll try to re-phrase what I think you're
> asking:
>
> Is it possible to store some of a tiddler's tags in an alternative field and
> still have all the native functionality of tagging as if they were all
> stored in the usual field?
>
> Please let us know if the above is different from what you're asking.
>
> This forum has had past threads that have discussed having a division
> between "system" or "backstage" tags, to be used for application
> functionality separate from "user" or "content" tags, but as far as I know
> the answer is "no", or at least it would take a significant amount of
> development effort.
>
> However this fine pluginhttp://tagsearch.tiddlyspot.comwill allow you to

HansBKK

Jul 13, 2011, 1:07:02 PM7/13/11
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
In my humble opinion that's just whacked, and I thought *I* was tag-crazy! But hey it's your tiddlywiki 8-)

I still reckon tagsearch would be able to help out with the most common sets of tags, grouping them together to select visually, quicker than other alternatives I've found, automatically deselecting alternatives (like radio buttons) if you like, etc.

Then something like Intellitags for the rest in the normal edit window, I find that combination works OK for my thousand or so indexing terms.

By the way have a look at my pretty recent thread on keeping a standardized set of tags in one "master" TW and sharing that out for tagging purposes in as many "children" TWs as you like. Being able to maintain the taggly tiddlers all in one place really helps once performance issues force you to split your content out into multiple files. . .