URGENT: Who owns raemes and console.tiddlyspace.com

PMario

Jul 9, 2011, 3:18:52 PM7/9/11
to TiddlyWiki
raemes seems to use the neui-em theme, but seems to have copied all
the tiddlers, which is ok, but doesn't get automatic update. The TS
include mechanism would be a better choice here. console seems to be
the owner of raemes.

console is a problem for me, since it copied a lot of my tiddlers, and
puts them into a wrong context.

eg: SiteInfo which states
This is pmario's homespace ... which is deffinitely not the case.
It also links to my favicon and my personal SiteIcon. And copied
lot more tiddlers.

I think, there went something terribly wrong.
Please contact me immidiately. I think I can help.

-m
PS: @cdent or TiddlySpace admin, please check if there is a problem
with the recipe settings.

PMario

Jul 10, 2011, 6:23:37 PM7/10/11
to TiddlyWiki
bump,
sry, but it is important for me.
-m

chris...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2011, 6:00:27 AM7/11/11
to TiddlyWiki
On Jul 9, 8:18 pm, PMario <pmari...@gmail.com> wrote:
> PS: @cdent or TiddlySpace admin, please check if there is a problem
> with the recipe settings.

I did some looking around and all I can tell is that, based on the
timing of the activity, that the content is being copied/manipulated
by a human, not a bot or script. So somebody is manually going around
and getting at your content, for reasons unclear.

You can inspect the public recipe for spaces just as easily as anyone
else: http://raemes.tiddlyspace.com/recipes/raemes_public

That suggests nothing special is going on.

This is a very interesting problem, I'm not sure how to resolve it. It
reflects the web at large with places like content farms copying
content from elsewhere on the web. In those situations conflicts are
resolved by contacting the representatives of the farms. In this case
we don't know who is driving the raemes space.

If the situation becomes abusive one option is for us to drop a
message into the space with contact information and block the person
from editing. I'd prefer not do that if other options are available.

It does seem like a problem we'll need to address in a more formal way
as TiddlySpace grows.

Jeremy Ruston

Jul 11, 2011, 6:23:02 AM7/11/11
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mario

Sorry about this. I did some digging around and found the Google+
profile of the owner, and have dropped them a line. I suspect that it
was an accident,

Best wishes

Jeremy

> --

Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jer...@osmosoft.com
http://www.tiddlywiki.com

PMario

Jul 11, 2011, 8:05:24 AM7/11/11
to TiddlyWiki
On 11 Jul., 12:00, "cd...@peermore.com" <chris.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can inspect the public recipe for spaces just as easily as anyone
> else:http://raemes.tiddlyspace.com/recipes/raemes_public
Thx Chris for having a look.
I know, I can visit the recipe. But I don't see, if something seems to
be wrong.
thx :)

PMario

Jul 11, 2011, 8:19:02 AM7/11/11
to TiddlyWiki
On 11 Jul., 12:23, Jeremy Ruston <jeremy.rus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mario
>
> Sorry about this. I did some digging around and found the Google+
> profile of the owner, and have dropped them a line. I suspect that it
> was an accident,
>
> Best wishes
>
> Jeremy
Thx,
I did find the profile, at the raemses space and posted 2 mails
allready. No answere yet.

I normal cases I am pleased if someone uses my themes but since it
seems that my whole space was copied, I am not that happy.

I also suspect that it was an accident. Console seems to be the space,
that was created first for some experiments. raemses seems to be the
main space, since it contains "standard" content and a different
SiteIcon. But the user still is console, and all posts carry my
SiteIcon. Since this is me, I may be a little bit paranoid about
this :)

Thx for taking care.
mario

PMario

Jul 11, 2011, 8:27:24 AM7/11/11
to TiddlyWiki
On 11 Jul., 12:00, "cd...@peermore.com" <chris.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
>If the situation becomes abusive one option is for us to drop a
>message into the space with contact information and block the person
>from editing. I'd prefer not do that if other options are available.
I think it was an accident. That's why it would be interesting, how it
happened. I do have an idea, but want to be sure.

> It does seem like a problem we'll need to address in a more formal way
> as TiddlySpace grows.
Since TiddlySpace has no "terms of use" or "terms of service" yet,
actions could be quite difficult. Since my site has some licensing
info with it, I am pretty sure I can act and I will, if it is needed.

I think, I'll post in TiddlyWeb group about this.

kind regards
mario

passingby

Jul 11, 2011, 10:09:32 AM7/11/11
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
There is a tiddler in which Hindi language is used in Roman script. It talks about Aloo-prantha (Indian bread with potato filling), which is something which I love!
I think the owner of the space is new to tiddlyspace/tiddlywiki world and has done this inadvertently. I hope he reads this and solves this.

PMario

Jul 11, 2011, 1:30:07 PM7/11/11
to TiddlyWiki
Seems that Jeremy could get in touch with the owner.
So should be fixed soon.
thx
-m

Kosmaton

Jul 13, 2011, 5:41:15 PM7/13/11
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I just noticed a similar case - all content (& favicon etc) of my veminra space, as opposed to the theme it uses, had been included in another space by someone experimenting with TW/TS. I got in touch with them (there was a link to their site) and they've kindly fixed it right away.

How about a flag to disallow inclusion of a particular space? To distinguish 'building spaces' from 'building block spaces'.

[K]