Great Beer Tie and Davala Send Off Last Night

Dalton Terrell

Oct 13, 2015, 1:14:54 PM10/13/15
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

Thanks to everyone for coming out last night to send Dan off to Vermont. We had a huge turnout and raised hundreds of dollars in the raffle. Thanks to Dan, Orvis, Art, Rob, John, Port City and Urban Angler for all of the donations. And thanks to Adam for playing some sweet tunes.

Dan left some big shoes to fill, but we look forward to keeping this thing going.

namfos

Oct 14, 2015, 8:46:31 AM10/14/15
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I believe we're in good hands. Still, if you need help let us know.

Mark

Jamie Carracher

Oct 14, 2015, 1:53:37 PM10/14/15
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I'm happy to help volunteer for the club, too, if any help is ever needed. Just let me know!

Dalton Terrell

Oct 14, 2015, 9:32:13 PM10/14/15
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a ton for the offers guys. We certainly have a few new ideas in the works that'll take boots on the ground. I think we'll take you and whoever else wants to volunteer up on it at some point soon.

Dalton
--
http://www.tpfr.org
---

bryan....@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2015, 6:56:26 AM10/15/15
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Let me know if you need anything in the graphics art department.

Sent from my iPhone

Daniel Davala

Oct 18, 2015, 10:08:51 PM10/18/15
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
To all my friends!

As many of you know, Melody and I left for Vermont early the next morning on a whirlwind house-hunting trip which turned out to be a full success.  I'll post details on a separate thread soon.

I've been wanting to follow up though and to personally thank everyone who turned out to see my family and I off at what had to be the biggest BEER TIE of all time - so far!  It meant the world to me and to us to see and talk to so many of you, and to share so many meaningful memories and stories from all of our times together.  To look around that room and see the energy, the vibe, the passion, and the camaraderie amongst you all leaves me feeling so full, so proud, and so blessed.  The TPFR brand is alive and well, and it is yours to carry on.

THANK YOU and CONGRATULATIONS to Dalton Terrell for taking the torch and stepping up to the helm as the next TPFR President!!!  Also, thank you Dalton for all of the kind words you shared about me and the club and what we have meant to you.  I'll be posting a separate thread on TPFR leadership as well to be sure that everyone who missed this thread or the BEER TIE knows what's going on.

THANK YOU and CONGRATULATIONS also to Rob Snowhite for taking over the lead as the official TPFR BEER TIE organizer/promoter.

I want to thank everyone who went BIG on the awesome raffle.  In total we raised $1030, all of which goes directly to the TPFR coffers which will go a long way towards funding the club's future endeavors.  I echo Dalton in thanking everyone who donated items to make the raffle the huge success that it was.

BIG THANK YOU to Adam Sorokes for rocking the live music all night long with an impressive and seemingly bottomless set list.  What an incredible talent and a great addition to the club!  Hopefully you'll hear more of him at future events.

And of course, thank you to everyone who came bearing gifts of beautiful brown liquid.  I believe it will go a long way in taking the chill out of our many long winter nights ahead, and perhaps quite a few afternoons as well!

I only wish I could have had more time with each and every one of you that night, and to look you all in the eye and say thanks.  I am so thankful and fortunate to call all of you my friends.

Dan Davala

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---

Rob Snowhite

Oct 19, 2015, 8:27:24 AM10/19/15
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Good thing you have that beard for the cold air going around up there.

The Curtis family took advantage of their beer tie raffle win. We fished the Tidal Basin yesterday morning. River herring, largemouth, yellow perch, striped bass, and a channel cat.

image1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpegimage4.jpegimage5.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone