Bethany Beach

Zach on the Hill

May 23, 2012, 8:54:17 AM5/23/12
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Hey gang,

I am going to be in Bethany Beach this weekend and was wondering if
anyone had any advice or intel on any opportunities while I am there?

Thanks and all the best -

Zach

Alek

May 23, 2012, 12:30:12 PM5/23/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
there is a tidal outflow called the indian river inlet (i think) that has easy access and a huge amount of water coming through.  it is very deep and fast so i would bring a fast sinking line.  there are lots of flounder on the bottom but you can get stripers and other fish too.  it is at a public beach so it will certainly be crowded.

Joe Molloy

May 23, 2012, 1:18:56 PM5/23/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I fished near Fenwick Island this time last year. I just walked the beach at sunrise and fished every spot I saw a rip current (like every 75 feet). Used my fastest sink tip and a clouser minnow. The water was not deep but i wanted to get the fly down quick before the incoming waves blew my line all over the place.

I only managed one striped bass but had numerous hits once I started to figure out how to cast/strip in the surf a little better.

Also, the water was mighty chilly. I only waded out up to my calves while barefoot but would have loved some boot foot waders.

joe

Fred

May 25, 2012, 6:32:50 PM5/25/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Cape henlopen and indian river inlet

Brendan

May 29, 2012, 1:26:59 PM5/29/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I've done pretty well catching small blues & rockfish along the marshes of the inlet side... Depends on the wind, waves and tides but sometimes you can pull in some nice fish from the surf, tho probably not on a holiday weekend.