Tickets are SOLD OUT for tomorrows show!

Aaron O

Mar 27, 2013, 10:45:19 AM3/27/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Got to tell everyone that they are now SOLD OUT of tickets for the show. I assumed then would have extra tickets tomorrow so I have not purchased any tickets yet. I am currently kicking myself. If ANYONE has extra tickets that they will not be using or have a change of plans, Please let me know! I am hoping for two tickets but I will take any ticket that is offered. I of course will be happy to reimburse you for the tickets.
Aaron

Matthew Longley

Mar 27, 2013, 10:55:17 AM3/27/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Oh man!  So I didn't buy a ticket because I'll probably be stuck at work anyway, but I gotta say that 5% of me thought I might actually have a chance to sneak out and get a last minute ticket.  Guess not!

Is there going to be a way to get/buy a copy of the film later on?

Eric Kruel

Mar 27, 2013, 11:56:30 AM3/27/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I'm in the same boat, I was waiting to see how my work week was shaping out to decide if I could go or not.  Does anyone know if any tickets will be available at the door?

Richard Farino

Mar 27, 2013, 12:23:31 PM3/27/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

The theater is essentially sold out of seats.  There most likely will not be any seats available at the door, and we have a waiting list for anyone that does show up.

But fear not – in the next month or so we’ll hold a second showing at a smaller venue that I’m working on finding for everyone.  There won’t be door prizes, and maybe we charge $5 to get in.

I’ll let everyone know once we figure it out.

Thanks again for making this so successful.  I’m sure Urban Lines being in the theater this year had something to do with the massive popularity of it.

Regards,

Richard Farino

Urban Angler VA | 108 N. Washington Street  2nd Floor | Alexandria, VA 22314 Google_Maps_Marker

(703) 527-2524 | fax: (703) 527-3313 | ric...@urbanangler.com

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---

image001.png

Daniel Davala

Mar 27, 2013, 12:48:20 PM3/27/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Great news on the second showing Richie, and great job selling out the show!  See you all there!

Dan Davala

image001.png

Matthew Longley

Mar 27, 2013, 1:06:07 PM3/27/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Rich, good to know there's a second showing!  I'm sure if you guys sold DVDs they'd be a serious market here too.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
image001.png

r...@robsnowhite.com

Mar 27, 2013, 2:24:12 PM3/27/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com, tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I say we get Urban Lines at the Uptown, in a few years they'll release it in 3D I hope

Sent from my iPhone

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Richard Farino <ric...@urbanangler.com> wrote:

The theater is essentially sold out of seats.  There most likely will not be any seats available at the door, and we have a waiting list for anyone that does show up.

But fear not – in the next month or so we’ll hold a second showing at a smaller venue that I’m working on finding for everyone.  There won’t be door prizes, and maybe we charge $5 to get in.

I’ll let everyone know once we figure it out.

Thanks again for making this so successful.  I’m sure Urban Lines being in the theater this year had something to do with the massive popularity of it.

Regards,

Richard Farino

Urban Angler VA | 108 N. Washington Street  2nd Floor | Alexandria, VA 22314 <image001.png>

Aaron O

Mar 27, 2013, 2:27:36 PM3/27/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
3D!!! Only if we can have the Shad jumping out straight at the viewer.  I also want to see the someones cast come straight back at me.

Matthew Longley

Mar 27, 2013, 2:31:17 PM3/27/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Haha Rob you should market your guiding as "Urban Lines 3D"

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---

Richard Lin

Mar 27, 2013, 2:35:44 PM3/27/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

3d viewer with 3d fly rod & reel & line & fly. Everyone would be sitting, watching and CASTING if fish coming!

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---

Aaron O

Mar 27, 2013, 2:51:46 PM3/27/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
If thats the case, All I ask is for preferably hookless flies or at least to remove the barbs.

Rob Snowhite

Mar 27, 2013, 3:14:41 PM3/27/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Per the sell out, one can always walk around Columbia Pike outside the theater with a finger (signaling the need for a ticket) in the air reminiscent of Grateful Dead shows at RFK.

Not sure if F3T scalpers exist yet.

Rob Snowhite

GSFeder

Mar 27, 2013, 3:19:41 PM3/27/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
"I need a miracle."

Actually, I don't. See the rest of you non-procrastinators tomorrow night!

Cheers,

-- Greg

Sent from my iPhone

Aaron O

Mar 27, 2013, 3:22:08 PM3/27/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com, Rob Snowhite
Hey Rob,

       Any chance you can smuggle me into the theater?  I'd be willing to fit into your backpack carrier but you would have to carry me in.

Gaucho Fly

Mar 27, 2013, 4:51:43 PM3/27/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Aaron,
You are in luck. I have been looking forward to the show for some time, but wont be able to go...  Turns out my wife will need to be induced tomorrow for our baby boy so I will be watching a different kind of show entirely.   Anyway, Feel free to email me and you can have my ticket.  My info is below.

Best,

Nick Franzetti

John Bilotta

Mar 27, 2013, 6:07:56 PM3/27/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Nick,
Thats very nice, if you want a free casting lesson sometime, let me know.
Good luck to you both,

John

Sent from my iPhone
--
http://www.tpfr.org
---

Lucas Rudd

Mar 27, 2013, 7:13:14 PM3/27/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Dudes, What is this show that everybody is talking about

Miles

Mar 27, 2013, 10:21:06 PM3/27/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
If there's going to be another showing, that actually helps me out. Tomorrow isn't good for me, so if somebody wants my ticket, let me know. I live a couple blocks from the theater, so can meet you before the show.

-Miles

Aaron O

Mar 28, 2013, 8:39:54 AM3/28/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Hey Nick and Miles,

   First of all CONGRATS!! Nick on the soon to be new arrival.  That is one of the few reasons that could keep me away from the show tonight.  :)

 You guys are the best!  You actually made my day!  I will only need 1 ticket so I will try to contact Miles first only cause he lives right near the theater and I'm on public transportation.  I will then contact you Nick just in case Miles changes his mind.  If I don't end up needing Nicks ticket, I'm sure I can assist in finding a need home for it.   Either way,  I owe both of you a drink!

You Guys Rock
,

Aaron

Bryan Lanier

Mar 28, 2013, 9:03:07 AM3/28/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Miles

I would be more than happy to buy your ticket.

Bryan Lanier

On Mar 27, 2013 10:21 PM, "Miles" <m...@oppidi.net> wrote:
If there's going to be another showing, that actually helps me out. Tomorrow isn't good for me, so if somebody wants my ticket, let me know. I live a couple blocks from the theater, so can meet you before the show.

-Miles

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---

Aaron O

Mar 28, 2013, 12:28:00 PM3/28/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Hey Nick,  Unfortunately i dont see any contact info.  Can you do me a quick favor and contact the Claredon Orvis and ask Miles for my number.  The only reason i'm asking you to call is that this way neither of us have to put out phone numbers on the web.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you,

Daniel Davala

Mar 28, 2013, 12:31:43 PM3/28/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Aaron,

Call Richie at Urban Angler.  A lot of tickets are held and picked up at the Cinema-n-Drafthouse.  If Nick's are there, just make arrangements with Richie.  See you there!

Dan Davala

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---

Aaron O

Mar 28, 2013, 12:43:08 PM3/28/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Hey Dan,

Great idea,  I will be contacting Richie as soon as he gets to the store.

Thanks

Leon

Mar 29, 2013, 10:25:53 AM3/29/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Wish I could have made the show.

So what is to become of us poor souls who missed the show?  Second showing?  DVD?

Leon.

Aaron O

Mar 29, 2013, 10:48:18 AM3/29/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
They are already working on a second showing.  I'm sure the guys at Urban Angler will keep us informed.  I inquired about the DVD myself but my guess is that they can maybe set up a DVD for the local "Urban Lines" film since we know the creators, however since the film festival was a number of small films, it may not be possible for them to get all of approvals.

I do want to thank all the guys at Urban Angler for all the work and effort.  I had a great time and plan to check it out again next year.
 Aaron