Casting Rondezvous March 30

John Bilotta

Mar 24, 2013, 8:05:38 PM3/24/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Hope to see a lot of you next Saturday.
John

Bob Abraham Casting Club
Fourth Annual Fly Casters' Rendezvous
30 March 2013, Riverbottom Park - Williamsport, MD

First Timers, Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced Fly Casters - FFF CCI and MCI Continuing Education. Spey Casting. Demonstrations.
Riverbottom Park is on the Potomac River at the West end of Salisbury Street in Williamsport, Maryland.
Show Time - 7:00 AM for Club Members and Instructors for set-up and Coffee.
8:00 - Registration
8:30 AM Start Time
5:00 PM Closing
Fees: $20 for All Day

For the second year the BACC Welcomes Headliner
JIM VALLE, MCI, THCI, BOG

BACC Welcomes Back Last Year's Headliners
John Bilotta MCI, Craig Buckbee MCI, Daniel Davala MCI

Hands-on Instruction for all skill levels.
Bring your own equipment. Equipment provided for beginners. Bring rain-gear. Bring a sack lunch or grab lunch in downtown Williamsport (three blocks from field).
Water Provided.
Single and Two-Handed Casting Demonstrations and Skills Presentations

Single Handed Classes Offered:
Beginning Fly Casting (first timers and those wanting a brush-up), Trout Stream Casting (mends, curves, mended rolls and specialty casts), Distance Casting (20 things to learn), Intermediate and Advanced Casting Improvement

Spey Classes Offered: Beginning Spey Casting, Intermediate Spey Casting and Advanced Spey Casting. Standard Spey Equipment Preferred.

Introduction to Accuracy and Distance Fly Casting Competition. American Casting Association Competition format, equipment and events introduced and demonstrated. Scored practice competition.

Please click here for information on the 2013 Rendezvous

For more information, contact Robert (Bob) Stouffer, FFF CCI, at rst...@mail.com or by phone, 301 791 4594

Daniel Davala

Mar 24, 2013, 8:11:36 PM3/24/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for posting this John.  This is an awesome event for anyone who can make it.  Lots of great instructors participating, lots of topics (Spey, Skagit, single-hand, beginner, competition distance, etc), and lots of fun.  Looking forward to seeing as many TPFRers there as possible.

Dan Davala

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---

Cgloeck

Mar 24, 2013, 8:42:55 PM3/24/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I was at Williamsport recently.  Great location, right at the 100 mile marker of the C&O. It is supposed to be musky territory too!  The Conococheague feeds in to the Potomac there.  Sounds like a great event.

Charlie

Sent from my iPad

Smallies&Shad

Mar 26, 2013, 1:27:01 PM3/26/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
The Williamsport MD weather is looking better and better for Saturday.  Great fun last year.  HIGHLY recommended. A huge concentration of mid Atlantic casting expertise.  Master certified single handers. The only (to my knowledge) certified two-handed casting instructor in the east.  And two TPFR wizards (that would be DanD and JohnB) who could and should be the next certified two handers in the East. The two Bobs from the Antietam club.  Great instructors all.  Be there if you can, sports.

Me, I am planning to get in 1K+ spey casts at the Casting Rendezvous Saturday.  That would be worth (on average) 1 steelhead or hundreds of shad landed on a really great day.  Cheers.

S&S

Dan Davala - Founder/President

Mar 29, 2013, 8:13:13 AM3/29/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
This is a reminder to all of the great opportunity available this weekend to cast and learn together with us at the 2013 Antietam Anglers Fly Casting Rendezvous.  Single hand/double hand, accuracy, distance, presentation, instructor prep, or competition, it's all here in one place!  This event, for good reason, is becoming a highly anticipated gathering in our region, and it is put on by one of our best partner clubs, Antietam Fly Anglers.  Looking forward to seeing as many TPFRers as possible.  Feel free to use this forum to arrange carpooling as necessary.

Dan Davala