4-17-13 back at the basin

Senor_denito

Apr 17, 2013, 9:06:54 PM4/17/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
After work today I decided to hit up one of my favorite spots, the Tidal Basin. Within a few casts I linked up with this crappie.
image.jpg

tperkins

Apr 17, 2013, 11:11:44 PM4/17/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I was there today as well. Caught a number of Bluegill. I think the Gizzard Shad were spawning as I saw 20-30 of them all schooled up going crazy. I also saw a few snakehead. Fun night to be out for sure.

TurbineBlade

Apr 18, 2013, 7:29:00 AM4/18/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Nice crappie -- I got into a pocket of them on a MIckey Finn one day, but they were smaller than that one.

Gene

Paul Kalajainen

Apr 18, 2013, 9:22:22 AM4/18/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!  What fly did he hit?

tperkins

Apr 18, 2013, 10:28:54 AM4/18/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
 I may head back down there today after work. If any one else is headed that way let me know.

-Thomas

Senor_denito

Apr 18, 2013, 2:30:34 PM4/18/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Size 4 clouser in black and chart.  Fished it not fast and not slow with an occasional twitch.

Aaron O

Apr 29, 2013, 9:43:41 AM4/29/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Hey Man,

     Great photo.  Give me a call and we can set up a time to go fish there one of the evenings.