Native Ultimate Angler vs Freedom Hawk Kayak

Paul Brooks

Jun 27, 2012, 3:02:49 PM6/27/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I was wondering if anyone has paddled both models or had experience with these brands. I'm try to make a decision on which way to go. Any input would be appreciated. I plan to the locally for a year then on the salt water ponds around Cape Cod after.

Thanks Paul

Mike Scully

Jun 28, 2012, 9:01:17 AM6/28/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Not sure about the Freedom, but I have compared the Wilderness Commander 140 vs. the Ultimate 14 and I chose the Commander. The Commander tracked better, paddled faster, is more stable, and has the Captain's perch. I know the newer Ultimate has a Captain's perch also, but its just a pad on the back of a folding seat. The Ultimate obviously turns easier, but Commander turns just fine. I am a big dude and I can stand in the Commander so stability is there. Call Appomattox River Company and ask if you can demo them.
Good Luck,
Mike