Stripers near the Cove

Mike Bailey

Apr 30, 2013, 2:15:35 PM4/30/13
to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders
For those of you with the patience and time don't give up on the larger Rockfish in the cove area quite yet.  The river level has dropped enough that you can drift down the main channel with anything resembling a herring, near the bottom and coax a bite.  Alex and I did it this morning with flashy bucktails bottom jigging and caught several fish between 5 -15lbs.Inline image 1
photo.JPG

Matthew Longley

Apr 30, 2013, 2:55:50 PM4/30/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com, mi...@shadfishing.com
I've got exactly this in mind for Saturday.  Tied up a few "bleeding shad" half and halfs, looking to test my luck...

Any suggestions on where to position myself?  Never caught river stripers before.

Dallen Hall

Apr 30, 2013, 10:13:36 PM4/30/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Nice fish! Way to jig it man.