Distributed Index can not be directly indexed

1,233 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Pat Allan

no leída,
21 jun 2008, 4:17:38 p.m.21/6/08
para thinkin...@googlegroups.com
This is an email just to highlight something that isn't actually an
error, but trips a lot of people up (myself included).

When you run an index on your data, you may get the following error
message:
> distributed index 'model_name' can not be directly indexed; skipping

A distributed index is made up of other indexes. It doesn't need to be
indexed, but Sphinx tries to anyway, and then complains when it can't.
I'm not sure about the reasoning for this, but it's not important: You
can ignore the error, it doesn't stop anything working, searching and
indexing will happen as expected.

Cheers

--
Pat
e: p...@freelancing-gods.com || m: 0413 273 337

tyliong

no leída,
14 ago 2008, 11:00:13 a.m.14/8/08
para Thinking Sphinx
Thanks man u just saved me some time.

Yi Lin

no leída,
22 ago 2014, 5:54:21 p.m.22/8/14
para thinkin...@googlegroups.com
Regarding distributed index, why is it necessary in ThinkingSphinx-generated sphinx.conf?

Specifically, I am referring to this block (my indexed class is called Resource):

index resource
{
}

If I remove the above, and just have:

index resource_core
{
}

would ThinkingSphinx.search still work? Why is the distributed index necessary in the first place?

Yi

Pat Allan

no leída,
22 ago 2014, 9:53:44 p.m.22/8/14
para thinkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yi

Distributed indices are useful if you have multiple indices for a model, and want to search across all of those at once. It is not a super common use-case, though.

If you want to disable distributed indices you can by setting `distributed_indices: false` for each environment in `config/thinking_sphinx.yml` - this setting was introduced in TS v3.1.1.

—
Pat

Yi Lin

no leída,
22 ago 2014, 10:03:50 p.m.22/8/14
para thinkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks I will checkout that setting. So if I set it to false, then “index resource” is not created, in that case, is Resource.search smart enough to look at “index resource_core” to perform the search?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Thinking Sphinx" group.

Pat Allan

no leída,
22 ago 2014, 10:04:28 p.m.22/8/14
para thinkin...@googlegroups.com
That is indeed correct.

Tim Harrison

no leída,
17 dic 2014, 8:46:16 p.m.17/12/14
para thinkin...@googlegroups.com
It appears as though the distributed_indices do not inherit the configurations from thinking_sphinx.yml.  For me, wildcard searching was not working unless I manually added the (enable_star, min_prefix_len) configurations to the distributed indices, or I disabled disributed_indices.  Now that I understand how it works I'm off to the races.  However, I'm not sure that is expected behavior.

In any case, thanks for TS!  :-)
That is indeed correct.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/thinking-sphinx.

Pat Allan

no leída,
20 dic 2014, 9:26:55 p.m.20/12/14
para thinkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for pointing this out Tim, I wasn’t aware Sphinx had this behaviour.

Can you confirm which version of Sphinx you’re running, and an example of a query/result that was working without distributed indices, but doesn’t when they’re enabled? Would love to reproduce this locally, and my current attempts don’t seem to have issues.

Thanks

—
Pat

Responder a todos