[ANN] Nightly builds of TortoiseHg for OS X now available

Kevin Gessner

May 23, 2013, 4:33:43 PM5/23/13
to thg...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

Nightly builds of TortoiseHg for OS X are now available: https://s3.amazonaws.com/kiln-tortoisehg-nightlies/index.htm

Both stable and unstable (i.e. default) are built from the heads of those branches, nightly around 1am Eastern, packaged into app bundles, and uploaded to the above URL.  The build scripts are here: https://bitbucket.org/kevingessner/thg-macbuild

The bundles should run on OS X 10.7 and higher, and do not have any dependencies (which is why they are kinda big).

Thanks to Fog Creek Software for providing the compute and storage resources for this build server.

Cheers,
-- Kevin

Kevin Gessner
Fog Creek Software

p.s. Please email me off-list if you have any questions or concerns, as I do not follow thg-devel.

Angel Ezquerra

May 23, 2013, 6:14:40 PM5/23/13
to thg...@googlegroups.com, ke...@fogcreek.com
This is awesome Kevin!

I had never had the courage nor the time to try to install TortoiseHg
on my mac. I just tried this and it was completely seamless. You get
bonus points for not making an installer but just making a regular OSX
app that you can just drag into your applications folder.

So thanks! I'm sure a lot of Mac users will be very happy with this :-D

Angel

Yuya Nishihara

Jun 1, 2013, 1:23:16 AM6/1/13
to Kevin Gessner, thg...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 23 May 2013 16:33:43 -0400, Kevin Gessner wrote:
> Nightly builds of TortoiseHg for OS X are now available:
> https://s3.amazonaws.com/kiln-tortoisehg-nightlies/index.htm
>
> Both stable and unstable (i.e. default) are built from the heads of those
> branches, nightly around 1am Eastern, packaged into app bundles, and
> uploaded to the above URL. The build scripts are here:
> https://bitbucket.org/kevingessner/thg-macbuild

Nice! thanks.

I've added it to wiki page:

https://bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/thg/wiki/developers/MacOSX

If there's any problem, please feel free to update the page.

Regards,

Marc Schlaich

Jun 3, 2013, 11:39:50 AM6/3/13
to thg...@googlegroups.com, ke...@fogcreek.com
This is great, many thanks. Would be even better if you could bundle official releases separately.