default action on doubleclick in resolve window

ike

Oct 22, 2012, 4:43:03 PM10/22/12
to thg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think that adding a default action on doubleclick would be useful in the resolve window.
In the unresolved-tree a doubleclick on a file would initiate "tool resolve".
In the resolved-tree a doubleclick on a file would initiate "diff to local".

The default actions above are what seems to me the correct choice.
However people here might have a different idea (perhaps it should be an option (with a default value ;-) ).

Or is it not interesting at all?

Best regards.
Ike

Angel Ezquerra

Oct 22, 2012, 4:58:15 PM10/22/12
to thg...@googlegroups.com

I'm not against this. However I wonder if a better default action for unresolved files would be to run mercurial resolve? Or perhaps, it could be mercurial resolve if the "automatically resolve" option had not been selected, and tool resolve otherwise? That would be a bit magic but quite efficient...

Angel

ike

Oct 22, 2012, 5:46:22 PM10/22/12
to thg...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps even further then.
"Automatically resolved" selected -> always "tool resolve"
"Automatically resolved" not selected -> always "mercurial resolve", if failed, try "tool resolve"

Best regards,
Ike

ike

Oct 23, 2012, 5:44:12 PM10/23/12
to thg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying to implement this. (first in a simple way: depending on the check "automatically resolve" which tool to use (internal or visual tool))

Apparently the "resolve dialog" gets called from several places (backout, graft, merge, repowidget, sync, update).
All of these have a check "automatically resolve", except the repowidget.
So I would like to store the value of this check 'somewhere', so I can use it when the resolve dialog gets called via the repowidget.

Is there already something like this available in tortoisehg?

Best regards,
Ike

Steve Borho

Oct 31, 2012, 8:32:16 PM10/31/12
to thg...@googlegroups.com
There is a setting for this in the settings dialog that overrides the
toggle on the dialogs. I think you can base the behavior on how that
setting is configured.

--
Steve Borho