Upcoming Albums

Mjölnir

Jan 8, 2019, 10:08:41 AM1/8/19
to the-met...@googlegroups.com
Swallow the Sun have a new one called When a Shadow is Forced into the Light coming out January 25th.  Somehow missed that announcement when it came out.

Luxi

Jan 11, 2019, 10:21:43 AM1/11/19
to The Metal Crypt
Damage SFP, these Finnish thrashers, reformed their troops in 2018 (after more than 20 years of absence), and will record their debut album during spring 2019.

Here's one of their old demo songs, titled "Death of Innocence", recorded in 1993...

Luxi

Jan 13, 2019, 3:08:25 AM1/13/19
to the-met...@googlegroups.com
QUEENSRYCHE will have a new album out on March 1, 2019. It's titled The Verdict. They also have a Pledgemusic campaign going on where I ordered this autographed CD-copy of the album from.

Here's one sample song from that album already, called "Dark Reverie". Sounds good to my years...

Mjölnir

Jan 18, 2019, 10:22:56 AM1/18/19
to The Metal Crypt
Metal Inquisitor have a new one called Panopticon out......er, today actually.  So there's that.

Michel Renaud

Jan 18, 2019, 6:40:11 PM1/18/19
to The Metal Crypt
I have a promo of that but I don't think I've had time to listen to it yet. Or maybe I did. Damn.

MetalMike

Jan 20, 2019, 6:28:12 AM1/20/19
to The Metal Crypt
I think I also have the Metal Inquisitor promo but haven't had a chance to listen to it.

Luxi

Jan 21, 2019, 5:31:41 AM1/21/19
to The Metal Crypt
Philippine old-school thrashers MASS HYPNOSIA will have a new album out on Ragnarök Records on Jan 25, 2019, very aptly titled Vicious. Should be killer according to a couple of sample songs that I have already heard off the album in advance.... ;o)

Mjölnir

Jan 30, 2019, 3:03:14 PM1/30/19
to The Metal Crypt
Twisted Tower Dire's new album, Wars in the Unknown, will be out March 15th.  Here's the single, Light the Swords on Fire

Michel Renaud

Feb 1, 2019, 3:22:54 PM2/1/19
to The Metal Crypt
I haven’t heard TTD in ages.

MetalMike

Feb 2, 2019, 5:26:24 PM2/2/19
to The Metal Crypt
The last one kind of sucked, hopefully they will get back on track with this one. I wonder if the "free agent" Tom Phillips will insert himself in to the equation?

PetrifiedNapkin

Feb 6, 2019, 9:28:17 AM2/6/19
to The Metal Crypt
Supposedly Megadeth is coming out with a new album this year and it will feature blastbeats.

Maybe atlantean kodex's abendland will come out this year?

MetalMike

Feb 6, 2019, 6:46:19 PM2/6/19
to The Metal Crypt
Megadeth was my favorite band around Rust in Peace but can they please hang it up already?

On the other hand, need new AK

Mjölnir

Feb 7, 2019, 3:26:39 PM2/7/19
to The Metal Crypt
Grand Magus have a new one called Wolf God coming out April 19th.

Luxi

Feb 15, 2019, 4:43:07 AM2/15/19
to the-met...@googlegroups.com
Finnish old-school thrashers TERRIFIC VERDICT will have their debut album out on Inverse Records, on March 29. It's called Wheel of Fortune.

Paul Batteiger

Feb 21, 2019, 6:14:07 PM2/21/19
to The Metal Crypt

52605337_2035712759799402_7395903395602628608_n.jpg

April 26th!

MetalMike

Feb 21, 2019, 8:15:24 PM2/21/19
to The Metal Crypt
Bad. Ass.

April release date means we should have the promo in the next couple of weeks \m/ \m/

PetrifiedNapkin

Mar 8, 2019, 7:44:43 AM3/8/19
to The Metal Crypt
Smoulder - Times of obscene evil and wild daring. Album drops in April

Just heard these guys today, sounds awesome. I am a sucker for music like this. Love the artwork too! Cruz del sur always puts out great music.

https://smoulder.bandcamp.com/

MetalMike

Mar 8, 2019, 7:35:45 PM3/8/19
to The Metal Crypt
Just got the promo. When Sargon says something is "pretty fucking good", you don't hesitate to download it.

Paul Batteiger

Mar 11, 2019, 4:00:48 AM3/11/19
to The Metal Crypt
New Twisted Tower Dire should be out in a week or so.  Advance song sounds good.

Luxi

Mar 14, 2019, 3:11:38 PM3/14/19
to the-met...@googlegroups.com
ABBATH will have a new album out on July 5, 2019. The album's called Outstrider.

This very short album teaser sounds very promising already...

Mjölnir

Mar 21, 2019, 5:52:12 AM3/21/19
to The Metal Crypt
Isole have a new album called Dystopia coming out sometime in August/September. They also got signed to Hammerheart Records, for what that's worth.

Mjölnir

Mar 21, 2019, 1:29:19 PM3/21/19
to The Metal Crypt
Amon Amarth's new album, Beserker, comes out May 3rd.  Here's the advance single, Raven's Flight.

PetrifiedNapkin

Mar 26, 2019, 1:46:45 PM3/26/19
to The Metal Crypt
New ARCH/MATHEOS and it SLAYS! New single from their upcoming album "Winter Ethereal". I loved their sympathetic resonance album so much. Arch still sounds phenomenal.

Nosrac1691

Mar 26, 2019, 4:58:00 PM3/26/19
to The Metal Crypt
Wow. It still blows my mind how good John Arch sounds this late into his career.

MetalMike

Mar 26, 2019, 7:46:35 PM3/26/19
to The Metal Crypt
Slays? The band sounds great, as expected, but I'm not sure what to make of that song or the video. I obviously want to hear more but it isn't what I was expecting.

Mjölnir

Mar 26, 2019, 8:33:42 PM3/26/19
to the-met...@googlegroups.com
Seconded.  I guess asking for another heady concept album like Sympathetic Resonace is a bit much, but I was a bit surprised with how relatively straightforward this single sounded.

Nosrac1691

Mar 26, 2019, 9:21:36 PM3/26/19
to The Metal Crypt
According to the track times it’s the shortest song on the album. Several are 8+ minutes, with the closer alone being 13 minutes long. Can’t wait.

Duffman

Mar 26, 2019, 11:53:23 PM3/26/19
to The Metal Crypt
Bobby Jarzombek has to be one of the most underrated drummers in Metal.

Paul Batteiger

Mar 27, 2019, 9:43:49 PM3/27/19
to The Metal Crypt
Listening to this more, I am really digging it.

Duffman

Apr 16, 2019, 7:21:20 PM4/16/19
to The Metal Crypt
New Slough Feg released June 14. It seems promising from what they've said about it here: https://www.cruzdelsurmusic.com/index.php/2019/04/the-lord-weird-slough-feg-returns-with-first-album-in-five-years-new-organon/

Mjölnir

Apr 18, 2019, 3:59:27 PM4/18/19
to The Metal Crypt
It seems some of the members of Bal-Sagoth got together with members of Dyscaphia to make a project called Kull, who have a new album called Exile coming out soon (couldn't find a date, just soon).  Here's the track Vow of the Exiled, and it unsurprisingly sounds a bit like Bal-Sagoth.

Michel Renaud

Apr 19, 2019, 8:28:30 AM4/19/19
to The Metal Crypt
I got that promo a couple of weeks ago. I only listened to it once (as background music). I haven't listened to Bal-Sagoth in years but yeah, it's in the same vein.

MetalMike

Apr 26, 2019, 7:35:29 PM4/26/19
to The Metal Crypt
Not sure if this was already posted but Onslaught have a new album coming later this year

Mjölnir

May 13, 2019, 8:17:56 AM5/13/19
to The Metal Crypt
Finsterforst's new album, Zerfall, is slated for release on August 2nd.
Message has been deleted

MetalMike

May 24, 2019, 7:36:36 PM5/24/19
to The Metal Crypt

Too bad it is on Napalm, a label that doesn't trust us with promos

Mjölnir

Jun 14, 2019, 10:13:16 AM6/14/19
to The Metal Crypt
Edenbridge's new album, Dynamind, will be out October 25th.  They're apparently crowdfunding it with some benefits that strike me as odd, so I guess if you ever wanted Sabine's original Shine dress, now's your shot (also, you worry me if that's the case)

MetalMike

Jun 14, 2019, 8:24:34 PM6/14/19
to The Metal Crypt
I loved Solitaire but they've gone downhill since and Sabine keeps getting weirder looking as she ages.

I like the lyric sheet options, that's kinda cool.

Mjölnir

Jun 14, 2019, 9:25:15 PM6/14/19
to The Metal Crypt
On Friday, June 14, 2019 at 7:24:34 PM UTC-5, MetalMike wrote:
I loved Solitaire but they've gone downhill since and Sabine keeps getting weirder looking as she ages.

I like the lyric sheet options, that's kinda cool.

I never looked into the band past Shine for some reason, so I wouldn't know.  What I do know is that to the person who paid 750 pounds(?) for eating a meal they prepare with them (travel not paid for), you better get a freaking 5-star meal for it.

MetalMike

Jun 21, 2019, 7:46:03 PM6/21/19
to The Metal Crypt
Sonata Arctica have a new album coming out in September, TALVYIÖ. If you were hoping for more like Pariah's Child like I was, it doesn't sound like we're getting it. Where is the guitar?

Mjölnir

Jun 28, 2019, 9:45:49 AM6/28/19
to The Metal Crypt
It seems Atlantean Kodex are going to release their new album at a couple of release parties, one occurring at Deaf Forever Birthday Bash on September 7th and the other at the Storm Crusher Festival on the 14th.  So if anyone lives near those and decides to go, you have that to look forward to.

PetrifiedNapkin

Jul 1, 2019, 3:20:50 PM7/1/19
to The Metal Crypt
They posted the artwork on facebook and it looks incredible. Super heavy looking stuff, maybe they are taking a darker turn in their music.

PetrifiedNapkin

Jul 1, 2019, 3:22:36 PM7/1/19
to The Metal Crypt
Crypt sermon have a new album coming up later this year, and they released a single.

ReignInBloodyGore

Jul 2, 2019, 8:37:06 AM7/2/19
to The Metal Crypt
Crypt Sermon with a new one? Finally I have something on my list of upcoming albums I’m looking forward to.

I listened to that single though, and there was one thing that kinda bothered me. I love their last album to death, but this single...their vocalist sounds so different to me in this single. And scrolling through the comments, I saw where people had even compared him to Chester Bennington of Linkin Park at times in the song...and after reading it, it’s all I can hear... His vocals were amazing on the last album to me...

MetalMike

Jul 7, 2019, 4:16:09 PM7/7/19
to The Metal Crypt
That new Crypt Sermon is in the review queue. Looking forward to it, hopefully those comments about Chester Bennington are from people full of crap.

Mjölnir

Jul 18, 2019, 5:58:11 AM7/18/19
to The Metal Crypt
Excalion have a new one called Emotion slated for a September release.

Paul Batteiger

Jul 18, 2019, 12:13:34 PM7/18/19
to The Metal Crypt
Yeah, but their new singer sucks.

Mjölnir

Jul 18, 2019, 2:08:18 PM7/18/19
to The Metal Crypt
On Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 11:13:34 AM UTC-5, Paul Batteiger wrote:
Yeah, but their new singer sucks.
As someone who lost track of the band for a bit, I was unaware they had a new singer.  As someone who just heard him sing on some of their later works, he kind of sounds like Marco Hietla if he was drunk and lacked charisma.  Bleh.

PetrifiedNapkin

Jul 24, 2019, 2:25:48 PM7/24/19
to The Metal Crypt
New atlantean kodex, need i say more? So hyped for their next album, though i feel like topping the white goddess is an impossible task.

No photo description available.

MetalMike

Jul 24, 2019, 6:57:00 PM7/24/19
to The Metal Crypt
Nah, that doesn't look cool at all...

Mjölnir

Jul 24, 2019, 7:14:18 PM7/24/19
to The Metal Crypt
Yeah, I agree.  I mean, they appear to have gotten picked up by Van Records, and when have they ever been a source of some of the most incredible Metal out there?

MetalMike

Jul 24, 2019, 7:27:01 PM7/24/19
to The Metal Crypt
I'd never heard of 20 Buck Spin when they released The White Goddess in the US. Seems like Van did the vinyl of The White Goddess so maybe we will get multiple labels handling the different formats and regions again. As long as I get the promo, I don't give rat's ass who it is that is sending it to me.

Mjölnir

Jul 24, 2019, 9:00:17 PM7/24/19
to The Metal Crypt
On Wednesday, July 24, 2019 at 6:27:01 PM UTC-5, MetalMike wrote:
I'd never heard of 20 Buck Spin when they released The White Goddess in the US. Seems like Van did the vinyl of The White Goddess so maybe we will get multiple labels handling the different formats and regions again. As long as I get the promo, I don't give rat's ass who it is that is sending it to me.
I just find it interesting that Van handled releasing material for a band that's relatively out of their established brand of Black and Doom Metal.....unless you count some of Atlantean Kodex's songs as Doom, of course.

MetalMike

Jul 26, 2019, 6:29:03 PM7/26/19
to The Metal Crypt
Van handles some, 20 Buck Spin handles some and Cruz del Sur some. It's weird.

Paul Batteiger

Jul 26, 2019, 6:30:38 PM7/26/19
to The Metal Crypt
Different distro channels.

MetalMike

Jul 26, 2019, 6:38:19 PM7/26/19
to The Metal Crypt
Right. Different regions, different formats, etc. I just want that fucker to show up in my email soon!

On Friday, July 26, 2019 at 6:30:38 PM UTC-4, Paul Batteiger wrote:
Different distro channels.

PetrifiedNapkin

Aug 1, 2019, 12:43:54 PM8/1/19
to The Metal Crypt
New DragonForce coming out this year. I don't know how i feel about the super cheesy retro 80's video game vibe thing. Kinda cool i guess. Sound wise, not too bad reminds me of classic DF (Ultra Beatdown?). Definitely going to approach with caution, as i wasn't too impressed with their last 2 albums and never listen to them.

Saying this as a DF fan for over 12 years, and own all their material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn5CsAs798I

Mjölnir

Aug 3, 2019, 2:17:08 PM8/3/19
to The Metal Crypt
Our former comrades in Starborn (i.e., the traitors who left us!) are going to release their debut full-length album Savage Peace September 27th.

Nosrac1691

Aug 3, 2019, 6:35:05 PM8/3/19
to The Metal Crypt
Yeah I'm really looking forward to the Starborn. I loved the last EP.

MetalMike

Aug 7, 2019, 7:30:34 PM8/7/19
to The Metal Crypt
It is very good, much heavier and less progressive than The Dreaming City. Songs about Swamp Thing, The Shining and the Salem Witch Trials :)

Mjölnir

Aug 8, 2019, 9:15:24 AM8/8/19
to The Metal Crypt
The new Stormwarrior album, Norseman, is due November 22nd.

MetalMike

Aug 10, 2019, 6:57:10 AM8/10/19
to The Metal Crypt
"Inked in Blood" from Starborn's Savage Peace

PetrifiedNapkin

Aug 15, 2019, 9:01:47 AM8/15/19
to The Metal Crypt
Fresh off their facebook page! New Atlantean kodex song taken from their upcoming album.

Mjölnir

Aug 15, 2019, 11:11:23 PM8/15/19
to the-met...@googlegroups.com
Yep, that's more Atlantean Kodex alright.  Worthy of the band, but I'm not 100% sure how it measures against their previous output.

Paul Batteiger

Aug 15, 2019, 11:13:39 PM8/15/19
to The Metal Crypt
Anybody else think the mix sounds a bit wonky?

PetrifiedNapkin

Aug 16, 2019, 7:37:48 AM8/16/19
to The Metal Crypt
Yeah, i think it sounds a bit cloudy. Almost like their mix from "The pnakotic demos". The guitars definitly dont have the same heaviness from the golden bough or white goddess. Even the drums sound a bit subdued. Markus beckers voice is still good, but doesn't have the same clarity from the white goddess.

MetalMike

Aug 23, 2019, 8:42:37 PM8/23/19
to The Metal Crypt
Mix is definitely murky

Paul Batteiger

Aug 23, 2019, 9:33:10 PM8/23/19
to The Metal Crypt
Has too much gain in the midrange, and it's overlapping with the vocals and muddying them up.

PetrifiedNapkin

Sep 3, 2019, 9:50:32 AM9/3/19
to The Metal Crypt
Atlantean kodex has released a full stream of their newest album "course of empire" .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT7p2qtDwMg

Mjölnir

Sep 4, 2019, 9:06:18 PM9/4/19
to the-met...@googlegroups.com
Novembers Doom latest album, Nephilhim Grove, will be out November 1st (how very fitting).  Here's a sample from the title track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isY1s-C1HtY&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR35f8yFUpklQUnIibBQxCtBG6p_RTwJP6_nrhua_GAlm_BxZnwFyjpoB78

Michel Renaud

Sep 8, 2019, 4:51:30 PM9/8/19
to The Metal Crypt
Hmmm I haven’t heard any Novembers Doom in a while. Always loved the name, for some reason.

Paul Batteiger

Sep 19, 2019, 12:39:30 PM9/19/19
to The Metal Crypt
New Ironsword song: "In the Coils of Set"

New album coming in January.

Mjölnir

Sep 30, 2019, 2:49:33 PM9/30/19
to The Metal Crypt
Suidakra's new album, Echoes of Yore, will be out November 15th.

MetalMike

Dec 13, 2019, 8:46:11 PM12/13/19
to The Metal Crypt
New Serenity due at the end of January. First song "Souls and Sins" gets a solid "meh"

Paul Batteiger

Dec 14, 2019, 3:10:54 PM12/14/19
to The Metal Crypt
That band has been such a disappointment.  I don't know what happened to them after Death & Legacy.

MetalMike

Dec 14, 2019, 7:48:56 PM12/14/19
to The Metal Crypt
Neuhauser looks like The Edge from U2 in the video wearing that "tough" jacket and knit hat. Yeah, that's power metal...

Mjölnir

Jan 16, 2020, 10:39:56 AM1/16/20
to The Metal Crypt
Nightwish's next album, Human :II: Nature, will be out April 10th.  It's a double album.  God help us all.

Paul Batteiger

Jan 16, 2020, 12:13:28 PM1/16/20
to The Metal Crypt
Oh boy, that's going to be a chore.

in happier news, Ironsword's new one, Servants of Steel, is out in a week.

MetalMike

Jan 16, 2020, 9:36:42 PM1/16/20
to The Metal Crypt
I am happy and apprehensive at the same time regarding new Nightwish. Double albums almost never have enough good material throughout.

Michel Renaud

Jan 28, 2020, 7:16:37 PM1/28/20
to The Metal Crypt
I haven't listened to Nightwish since Wishmaster, for some reason...

Luxi

Jan 29, 2020, 1:24:13 AM1/29/20
to The Metal Crypt
A GREAT REVIEW (with pics, a chat with both Marco and Floor and everything) about the pre-listening session of the new NIGHTWISH album written by one guy whom I have known for years...

Heavy Metal OTD

Jan 29, 2020, 3:43:00 AM1/29/20
to The Metal Crypt

Heavy Metal OTD

Jan 29, 2020, 3:44:57 AM1/29/20
to The Metal Crypt
Decadence - Six Tape

Thrash Metal from Sweden.

3146_394539713933196_2057622598_n.jpg

60357808_2471661536223598_5429380111491137536_o.jpg

Heavy Metal OTD

Jan 29, 2020, 9:36:51 AM1/29/20
to The Metal Crypt

brunoredsox

Jan 30, 2020, 3:49:01 PM1/30/20
to The Metal Crypt
Falconer just released a statement on Facebook saying that they have entered the studio once again. FUCK YEA

Mjölnir

Jan 31, 2020, 2:12:19 PM1/31/20
to The Metal Crypt
Candlemass got an EP called The Pendulum coming out March 27th.  Here's the single: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUp4tSTPU1I&fbclid=IwAR3TD43usjBmwCuyPKu6MtU05COQL8KwnksVQLGZs73whZFCs6JaGMHBnW4

Mjölnir

Feb 18, 2020, 2:14:49 PM2/18/20
to The Metal Crypt
Dark Forest (UK) got an album coming out called Oak, Ash, an Thorn April 24th.

Luxi

Mar 4, 2020, 4:59:36 AM3/4/20
to the-met...@googlegroups.com
Finnish Heavy Metal heroes, OZ, will have a new album out on April 24, 2020. It's titled Forced Commandments.

Is the album cover inspired by the mascot of The Metal Crypt? ;o)

OZ_Forced_Commandments_3000_x_3000_px.jpg

MetalMike

Mar 6, 2020, 5:28:38 PM3/6/20
to The Metal Crypt
I hope it is better than Transition State

Mjölnir

Apr 1, 2020, 12:42:33 PM4/1/20
to the-met...@googlegroups.com
If his review on it is anything to go by, it is.

Anyway, Forgotten Tomb have the single for their upcoming album Nihilistic Estrangement out today.  A part of me hopes it's just an April Fools joke: https://youtu.be/LmS6fOsgPmo

EDIT: Ok, this is actually pretty good despite my misgivings on the strummy acoustic bits.  Mea culpa, alright?

Mjölnir

Jun 24, 2020, 12:29:02 PM6/24/20
to The Metal Crypt

So this is interesting.

Mjölnir

Jun 27, 2020, 1:54:26 PM6/27/20
to The Metal Crypt

Heathen got a new album called Empire of the Blind coming out September 20th.  Here's the advance single, The Blight.
On Wednesday, June 24, 2020 at 11:29:02 AM UTC-5 Mjölnir wrote:

So this is interesting.

Mjölnir

Aug 26, 2020, 8:00:35 PM8/26/20
to the-met...@googlegroups.com
Fates Warning got a new one called Long Day Goodnight coming out in November.  If this advance single Scars is anything to go by, they're continuing the trend first started on Theories of Flight of making good music again.

Mjölnir

Nov 28, 2020, 10:58:07 AM11/28/20
to The Metal Crypt
The Ruins of Beverast's next album, The Thule Grimoires, will be out February 2nd.