Fwd: Total Climbing and Average Grade % for the 500 miles race

Dan Driscoll

Jul 30, 2014, 10:25:53 AM7/30/14
to Texas Time Trials Trials, Dan Driscoll
Hello Dan,

I just talked with Rosie Munive and she recommended this race.

At this moment I would like to know what is the total Climbing in feet and the average Grade % for the 500 miles race.

Good morning Julio, here is a link to the TTTT maps page, where there is an elevation profile that you can look at http://tt24tt.com/race-info/maps-directions/#lightbox/0

The Tejas 500 is 19 laps of a 26.5 mile looped course. Each lap goes by the start finish, so you can get food and water from your ice chest.

The Tejas 500 is a RAAM Qualifier. We also have a 24 hour, 12 hour, 6 hour and 26.5 mile race.

The elevation profile shows 477 meters of climbing, I think that may be high? I have many different "feet of climbing" reports from different riders, using different devices, ranging from 1,000 feet to 1,500 feet per lap.

The course is HILLY, but there is nothing real steep, nor real long. A couple of bigger HILLS, and a lot of rollers.

I’m sure that you would be very glad you did the race. It is a fun race, with a lot of good racers and a lot of first time racers.

We get a good crowd from the Houston Area every year, many are members of the NWCC. See if you can talk Rosie into coming with you, she is a strong rider.

I will copy this to the TTT discussion group and see if anyone has anything to add.

Thanks, DanD