The 2015 Texas Time Trials - Late Fees Start 8/15

dris...@flash.net

Aug 10, 2015, 4:57:11 PM8/10/15
to Texas Time Trials Trials

The 2015 Texas Time Trials – Late Fees Start 8/15

If you haven’t already registered we’d like to invite you to join us September 24th – 26th for The Texas Time Trials in Glen Rose Texas.

We will have a fun mixture of Randos from around the world, World Class Ultra Racers, and Newbie’s. This is as much an event as a race; the start finish includes camping, hotels, fast food and restaurants, as well as a park with a playground for bored kiddos.  For many of us it has become a Reunion and fun gathering of riders.  Not surprisingly Randos have ruled many additions of this Ultra Cycling event.

Please visit our website for Photos, Awards, Course Records, past results and online registration at www.tt24tt.com

The Early Bird registration expires on August 15 and anyone earning a Texas Ultra Cup Trophy will need to be registered before that date to receive their trophy.  Save yourself some money and register today!

How far away are you from The TTT Hall of Fame?  It takes 10 years or 2600 miles to be inducted. See where you stand at:  https://tt24tt.com/racers/hall-of-fame/

Don’t forget to book your rooms.  You can visit the TTTT website at www.tt24tt.com  go to “Race Info” then “Lodging and Camping”, for more info.

For those of you who haven’t been to TTTT here is the scoop.  Once a year, with the help of volunteers from Lone Star Randonneurs and many North Texas Cycling Clubs, we host The Texas Time Trials; this is our 13th year.  It’s a Time Trial so the real race is between the rider and the clock much like Rando’ing.  Although The Texas Time Trials was born from years of Rando Riding and has many similarities, it is a Race and not a Brevet.  We found that hosting a Real Race once a year helps keep things in perspective, and helps draw a healthy line between Racing and Rando riding, and the joys of doing both.  After the Race at the TTT Awards Bash, EVERY rider (first or last) earns the exact some TTT Trophy. Take a look at the trophies here: http://tt24tt.com/race-info/awards .  If you’d ever thought you’d like to qualify for RAAM (you don’t have to actually want to do it) you can.  Just finish the Tejas 500 (500 miles or 800 km) within 48 hours, about 10 mph and you are qualified.

The course is a 26 mile loop back to the start finish, where riders can “Crew Themselves” and grab food and fluids from their ice chests.  Riders will be electronically and manually timed each lap with “live online” access and splits will be posted with results.  TTTT also offers The 24 hour Iron Butt, The 12 hour Tin Butt, The 6 hour Shoot-Out and a 26 mile Sprint event.  There‘s a distance for everyone, but by far the most fun event in my opinion, is the Tejas 500 four person team event, about 125 miles per rider with lots of time for camaraderie.  Grab a team-mate, a family member, a racing friend, or a crew person and start making plans.

Feel free to email me with any questions; we’d love to have ya, DanD