Testng exception on windows when running from IDEA

Ghenadie DUMITRU

Feb 29, 2012, 9:40:11 AM2/29/12
to testng...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting this exception when trying to run a test suite with testng-6.4.jar on Windows:

java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream$BlockDataOutputStream.drain(ObjectOutputStream.java:1847)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream$BlockDataOutputStream.setBlockDataMode(ObjectOutputStream.java:1756)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.<init>(ObjectOutputStream.java:230)
at org.testng.remote.strprotocol.SerializedMessageSender.sendMessage(SerializedMessageSender.java:24)
at org.testng.remote.strprotocol.MessageHub.sendMessage(MessageHub.java:44)
at org.testng.remote.strprotocol.RemoteTestListener.onTestStart(RemoteTestListener.java:49)
at org.testng.internal.Invoker.runTestListeners(Invoker.java:1893)
at org.testng.internal.Invoker.runTestListeners(Invoker.java:1868)
at org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeMethod(Invoker.java:671)
at org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeTestMethod(Invoker.java:893)
at org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeTestMethods(Invoker.java:1218)
at org.testng.internal.TestMethodWorker.invokeTestMethods(TestMethodWorker.java:127)
at org.testng.internal.TestMethodWorker.run(TestMethodWorker.java:111)
at org.testng.TestRunner.privateRun(TestRunner.java:758)
at org.testng.TestRunner.run(TestRunner.java:613)
at org.testng.SuiteRunner.runTest(SuiteRunner.java:334)
at org.testng.SuiteRunner.runSequentially(SuiteRunner.java:329)
at org.testng.SuiteRunner.privateRun(SuiteRunner.java:291)
at org.testng.SuiteRunner.run(SuiteRunner.java:240)
at org.testng.SuiteRunnerWorker.runSuite(SuiteRunnerWorker.java:53)
at org.testng.SuiteRunnerWorker.run(SuiteRunnerWorker.java:87)
at org.testng.TestNG.runSuitesSequentially(TestNG.java:1170)
at org.testng.TestNG.runSuitesLocally(TestNG.java:1095)
at org.testng.TestNG.run(TestNG.java:1007)
at org.testng.remote.RemoteTestNG.run(RemoteTestNG.java:109)
at org.testng.remote.RemoteTestNG.initAndRun(RemoteTestNG.java:202)
at org.testng.remote.RemoteTestNG.main(RemoteTestNG.java:173)
at org.testng.RemoteTestNGStarter.main(RemoteTestNGStarter.java:106)

Cédric Beust ♔

Feb 29, 2012, 11:45:00 AM2/29/12
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Are you using IDEA?

--
Cédric

Mister Kredo

Mar 1, 2012, 4:33:02 AM3/1/12
to testng-users
Yes, I'm using IDEA.

On Feb 29, 6:45 pm, Cédric Beust ♔ <ced...@beust.com> wrote:
> Are you using IDEA?
>
> --
> Cédric
>

> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 6:40 AM, Ghenadie DUMITRU <dumg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm getting this exception when trying to run a test suite with
> > testng-6.4.jar on Windows:
>
> > java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write
> > error
> > at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
> > at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
> > at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
> > at
> > java.io.ObjectOutputStream$BlockDataOutputStream.drain(ObjectOutputStream.j ava:1847)
> > at
> > java.io.ObjectOutputStream$BlockDataOutputStream.setBlockDataMode(ObjectOut putStream.java:1756)
> > at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.<init>(ObjectOutputStream.java:230)
> > at
> > org.testng.remote.strprotocol.SerializedMessageSender.sendMessage(Serialize dMessageSender.java:24)
> > at org.testng.remote.strprotocol.MessageHub.sendMessage(MessageHub.java:44)
> > at
> > org.testng.remote.strprotocol.RemoteTestListener.onTestStart(RemoteTestList ener.java:49)
> > at org.testng.internal.Invoker.runTestListeners(Invoker.java:1893)
> > at org.testng.internal.Invoker.runTestListeners(Invoker.java:1868)
> > at org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeMethod(Invoker.java:671)
> > at org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeTestMethod(Invoker.java:893)
> > at org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeTestMethods(Invoker.java:1218)
> > at
> > org.testng.internal.TestMethodWorker.invokeTestMethods(TestMethodWorker.jav a:127)

jk

Mar 1, 2012, 5:37:44 AM3/1/12
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Fall back to 6.3 or earlier

Cédric Beust ♔

Mar 1, 2012, 8:44:46 AM3/1/12
to testng...@googlegroups.com
There is a known issue between TestNG 6.4 and IDEA, the next EAP will fix this but in the meantime, use the previous version.

--
Cédric

Jayaram Prasad

Jun 20, 2015, 3:14:13 AM6/20/15
to testng...@googlegroups.com, ced...@beust.com, "ced...@beust.com
Hi,

I faced the same issue when i using testng with Eclipse.

I feel happy if any one helps me.....

java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error
    at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:113)
    at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:159)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream$BlockDataOutputStream.drain(ObjectOutputStream.java:1876)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream$BlockDataOutputStream.setBlockDataMode(ObjectOutputStream.java:1785)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.<init>(ObjectOutputStream.java:247)
    at org.testng.remote.strprotocol.SerializedMessageSender.sendMessage(SerializedMessageSender.java:24)
    at org.testng.remote.strprotocol.MessageHub.sendMessage(MessageHub.java:44)
    at org.testng.remote.RemoteTestNG$RemoteSuiteListener.onFinish(RemoteTestNG.java:248)
    at org.testng.SuiteRunner.invokeListeners(SuiteRunner.java:200)
    at org.testng.SuiteRunner.run(SuiteRunner.java:243)

    at org.testng.SuiteRunnerWorker.runSuite(SuiteRunnerWorker.java:53)
    at org.testng.SuiteRunnerWorker.run(SuiteRunnerWorker.java:87)
    at org.testng.TestNG.runSuitesSequentially(TestNG.java:1170)
    at org.testng.TestNG.runSuitesLocally(TestNG.java:1095)
    at org.testng.TestNG.run(TestNG.java:1007)
    at org.testng.remote.RemoteTestNG.run(RemoteTestNG.java:109)
    at org.testng.remote.RemoteTestNG.initAndRun(RemoteTestNG.java:202)
    at org.testng.remote.RemoteTestNG.main(RemoteTestNG.java:173)

Krishnan Mahadevan

Jun 22, 2015, 12:08:14 AM6/22/15
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Jayaram,
You revived a 3 year old thread which talks about a problem in IntelliJ, and you say I am facing this problem in eclipse.

Please add specifics to what your issue is all about.
What is your TestNG eclipse plugin version ?

How are you creating your project in eclipse ? Is it Ant based, or Maven based or a simple java project which contains all of your jars in a specific folder which is part of your CLASSPATH ?

This problem I have seen normally come up when there is a mismatch between your TestNG jar version from your CLASSPATH and the TestNG eclipse plugin version.

Please make sure you have the latest TestNG eclipse plugin version. That has almost always taken care of things for me.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

jayaramprasad

Jun 23, 2015, 1:33:32 AM6/23/15
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Hi Krishnan,

Thank you so much for the response on my query

Yes, will definitely give you the specific details.

Eclipse Platform (Kepler)

Version: 4.3.2.v20140221-1852
Build id: M20140221-1700

TestNG Version: 6.9.4

Java version:
java version "1.7.0_45"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.45-b08, mixed mode)

The project which i imported is of existing maven project.

Please let me know something i missed to give the details.

Thanks & Regards