Tesseract 4 sometimes confuses a 4 with a 9

145 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

p1146182017...@googlemail.com

no leída,
8 dic 2018, 8:18:42 a.m.8/12/2018
para tesseract-ocr
Hi,

I started using Tesseract 4.0.0 (with LTSM) recently and it works amazingly well—much better than Affinity and Nuance that were bundled with my ScanSnap scanner.

However, with certain documents, there’s the issue that the digit “4” occasionally gets recognized as a “9”. Example below.

I’ve read in the Wiki that you can fine-tune for certain characters. Is this the way to go here? Or is there maybe an easier/better approach? At first glance, the fine-tuning approach seemed to be a bit complicated to me, so before I wrap my head around this, I’d appreciate if you could give my some guidance if this is the right thing to do here.

This is my command-line:

tesseract "$1" "${1%.*}" -l best/deu --tessdata-dir "$DIR/tessdata" --psm 11 --oem 1 txt pdf

The documents are 1200 DPI (monochrome).

Thanks,
Aaron

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 13.43.25.png

p1146182017...@googlemail.com

no leída,
8 dic 2018, 8:58:27 a.m.8/12/2018
para tesseract-ocr
I meant to write ABBYY FineReader, not Affinity.

Lorenzo Bolzani

no leída,
8 dic 2018, 9:30:41 a.m.8/12/2018
para tesser...@googlegroups.com
If the text is very small, like less than 20/30px, you can try to upscale it and see if it helps.

Otherwise fine tuning is the only alternative I know of.

If you use https://github.com/OCR-D/ocrd-train it is quite simple once you have the crops and the corresponding text. I did it a few times and the results are very good.

p1146182017...@googlemail.com

no leída,
10 dic 2018, 3:46:15 a.m.10/12/2018
para tesseract-ocr
The characters have a height of ~100px, so this shouldn’t be the issue.

I’ll check out with ocrd-train. Sounds promising! Thank you!
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos