[ANN] Master branch of Terraform uses a new state revision

James Nugent

May 10, 2016, 4:18:57 PM5/10/16
to Terraform
Hi everyone,

Development work on Terraform 0.7 is now well under way, and we have merged the work from the dev-0.7 branch it was previously taking place on to the master branch.

One of the new features has required a new revision of the state file, and the upgrade occurs by default. A backup is still taken but for now we do not recommend using versions of Terraform built from master for day-to-day work, as it is not backwards compatible with released versions. In addition, Atlas will currently reject remote state from versions built from the master branch.

We will continue to issue patch releases if major issues are found in Terraform 0.6.16.

Thanks!

The Terraform Team