Action 2.0 - 20 probable speakers by 11:59 PM TODAY

Thomas Arun

Oct 16, 2011, 1:56:13 AM10/16/11
to TEDxChennai
Guys,

I have been a good 'SLEEPING' member all these days in this forumn. As
I see the ethusiasm dipping, I feel its time for people like me to
wake up from the slumber and DO something for TEDxChennai.

I humbly request each and everyone over here to pay attention. The
biggest obstacle to our success is our PAST SUCCESSES. The best way to
forget our PAST SUCCESSES is to give detailed attention to the PRESENT
scenario. Please, let us NOT remaind ourselves about the past
TEDxChennai events but let us give LASER SHARP FOCUS on the present
scenario and GET THINGS DONE.

Our present scenario is that, we hardly have less than 20 days left
and we have only finalised the venue. Still we need to finalize the
speakers, buzz it around and make the event happen. Now to GET THINGS
DONE we must have a SENSE OF URGENCY and a LASER SHARP FOCUS as a
team. Let us shun away from DISCUSSIONS and focus only on getting
things done.

Having seen past two events, I assume members over here would be sure
of the kind of people whom we would select as speakers for
TEDxChennai. So I do safely assume that members over here would
atleast know one or two acheivers in person who would be good speakers
for TEDxChennai. Today being sunday we all would surely have enough
time to spare. So I request people to take out your mobile phone's,
call them, tell them about our event TEDxChennai and ensure that they
are free and ready to speak on our D'day Nov 6th. Forget not to get a
small transcript on the subject they would like to talk in
TEDxChennai.

If atleast 10 members would DO this today, we would get atleast 20
probable speakers at the EOD for TEDxChennai. I guess 20 would be
sufficient enough for us to do the filtring and selecting. Our target
for our Action2.0 is to get 20 probable speakers by 11:59 PM TODAY by
following the above procedure. This is not a call for disscussion but
rather a call for ACTION. Clock is ticking...............

Game ON Guys,
Thomas

P.S The above message is NOT open for disscussion. Please, go ahead
and DO something for TEDxChennai. Thanks in advance.

Nambirajan Vanamamalai

Oct 16, 2011, 6:43:55 AM10/16/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Hey Thomas,

I have contacted Smita Ram of Rang De as well as a criminologist friend of mine whom i met at Mumbai Barcamp. will inform if anything positive comes through after the discussions.

--
For more information, pls visit
http://groups.google.com/group/tedxchennai

--
Thanks for reading.

With possibility,
V Nambirajan
http://yoursquizically.tumblr.com/

Nambitious is where you can find my tweets and here you can connect to me on facebook.

meet me:tushar kumar

Oct 16, 2011, 7:06:04 AM10/16/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,
I too have a speaker who is interested to speak at TedxChennai. Whom to suggest the speaker names?

Regards,
Tushar Kumar

Ranjith Kumar

Oct 16, 2011, 8:47:54 AM10/16/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tushar,
    you can share the speaker and their contact with me.
Cheers,
Ranjith Kumar K,

Thomas Arun

Oct 16, 2011, 10:35:24 AM10/16/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Guys,

Mr.Ramakrishnan.N.K founder and CEO of Rang De has confirmed his participation as a speaker and am awaiting his topic. Also Mr. Sukumar Rajagopalan CTO of cognizant has agreed but has asked me to wait for his confirmation till tomorrow.

I do have sent request to some of the achievers whom I know. Am awaiting their reply. As soon as I get it, I shall shoot it in this forum.

Thomas

Samuel Eddy

Oct 16, 2011, 10:10:59 PM10/16/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Folks ,

I am nominating and finalising one speaker from the US who happens to be in Chennai on the 6th .He is Vinay iyer ,who is the Senior VP of SAP worldwide!!

Vinay is also  an author who has just published his book and he is also the Founder of www.goombal.com whose event management software we are using for TEDxChennai.

Kindly reserve one slot for Vinay!

Please talk to Pradeep Saran and Hoogly to sponsor the live webcast.Venue is sponsored bu Orangescape.See whether we can get a food sponsor.

what about the ticket cost and what is the number you are targeting.

I can do a skype con call with sandeep and whoever else who is willing to join.on wednesday.   Thomas if you are on skype you can add me  samuel.eddy55 and any one elese also .If we cannot meet in person atleast lets meet virtually..

sandeep please coordinate with Kiruba and get the website updated .please finalise the speaker list by wednesday latest,please. We can have upto 12 speakers which can include one performance.

Thanks and regards,

SAMUEL EDDY
Chief Coordinator - TedxChennai
Sole Licencee - BIL Conferences India.
Founder- F4(Face to Face facebook Friends)
Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/sjseddy.com
Twitter- www.twitter.com/samueleddy05
Branchout- www.branchout.com/samuel.Eddy
Skype- samuel.eddy55
Blogs- www.sameddy05.wordpress.com
www.sam55blogs.wordpress.com
www.indrepreneur.wordpress.com.

Thomas Arun

Oct 16, 2011, 11:57:34 PM10/16/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Guys,

I do have received confirmation from Mr.Sukumar Rajagopalan of CTS and his topic would be 'Success for All'.

Kribs, Eddy despite my call to all yesterday very few have reacted. If atleast 10 people would have reacted we would have had 20 probable speakers by  now. Eddy, thanks a lot for waking me up and for taking this initiative.

Kribs, where are you? We are missing you a lot here. I know for the person of your caliber awesome people would be just a call away. Please nominate and finalize at-least 2  speakers and set the ball rolling.

Guys we dont have any time. We need to act with a SENSE OF URGENCY. Atleast by today we neeed to get 20 probable speakers confirmed.

TED is all about speakers, speakers and speakers. As a team let us give laser sharp focus to this. After getting 20 probable speakers then we could select the top 12 among them. Once we do get awesome speakers, we can really pull in a great show.

Guys please,  clock is ticking and we need to act with a sense of urgency......

Thomas

Ranjith Kumar

Oct 17, 2011, 12:04:39 AM10/17/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,
give me call 9790399972

Nimit Jain

Oct 17, 2011, 12:17:23 AM10/17/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
My Recommendation:

Dr. Nachiket Mor

About the Speaker:

Chosen by Business Today among “21 young leaders who could shape India’s destiny in the 21st century,” Dr. Nachiket Mor has been instrumental in development of Microfinance business in India.

Dr. Mor is a Yale World Fellow (2004); has a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Pennsylvania with a specialization in Finance from the Wharton School; a Masters degree in Management from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad and an undergraduate degree in Physics from the Mumbai University.

While completing his Ph.D., he was associated with a Philadelphia based hedge fund (Quantitative Financial Strategies) for three years. He has worked with ICICI since 1987 in a variety of jobs, including, Corporate Planning, Project Finance, Treasury and Rural Banking and was a member of its Board from 2001-2007. He is currently President of the ICICI Foundation for Inclusive Growth.

In addition to his work within ICICI, he is a member of the Boards of: Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR), CARE USA and International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).

Samuel Eddy

Nimit Jain

Oct 17, 2011, 1:11:13 AM10/17/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Eddy, I sent an invitation to Nachiket. Waiting for his reply.

Benedict G

Oct 17, 2011, 1:57:24 AM10/17/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Here is another suggestion

Saloni Malhotra

An engineer from the University of Pune, Saloni Malhotra currently spearheads DesiCrew which she founded with Dr.

Jhunjhunwala at TeNeT group, IIT Madras in Jan 2005. She started her career in an interactive media start up, Web Chutney in Delhi. Saloni's work with DesiCrew has been featured in leading newspapers and magazines across the globe such as BusinessWeek, BusinessToday, The Economic Times, Fast Company, The Hindu, etc. She has been nominated for BusinessWeek's Asia's Youngest Entrepreneurs, MTV Youth Icon 2008, E&Y Entrepreneur of the Year 2008 and also facilitated in the presence of the President of India by the CII. Saloni is the founder of DesiCrew and handles Marketing and overall direction of the organization.

Ranjith Kumar

Oct 17, 2011, 2:01:16 AM10/17/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Hello Benedict,
Can you talk the person personally and confirm his presence, that it will be really great.

Thank you

Samuel Eddy

Benedict G

Oct 17, 2011, 3:13:59 AM10/17/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Its just a suggestion Eddy.. Now I need to know if the Theme has been finalized and about the date ...

I thot it will be splendid idea to identify people based on the theme that we choose.... that may give some direction to all those working on this event.

Benedict G

Our issues aren't something that blocks us from doing our work, overcoming our issues IS the work. - Ariel Grunwald

Nimit Jain

Oct 17, 2011, 3:22:35 AM10/17/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Benny sir. Let's finalize the theme first and then decide speakers who would fit into that theme. Let us know if the theme has already been finalized.

Benedict G

Oct 17, 2011, 3:26:47 AM10/17/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Were is TedX chennai... ?????

tedx.JPG
tedx.JPG

Aravind Chandrashekar

Oct 17, 2011, 3:31:11 AM10/17/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Benny ours is on Nov 6th.Also the theme is SPARK so guys plz recommend speakers accordingly.Arun,cal me asap.

Aravind Chandrashekar

SANDEEP VARMA

Oct 17, 2011, 3:31:08 AM10/17/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Yes, its not there on event calender

tedx.JPG

Thomas Arun

Oct 17, 2011, 4:34:16 AM10/17/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Guys,

Im sorry this is not the time to be discussing about the theme, etc. All these should have been done way before. Now with just less 19 days left, discussing about theme etc is SUICIDAL.. We dont want great stratergies, we dont want great ideas, we only want things to be EXECUTED. And things should be executed in LIGHTING SPEED considering the too little time we have.

Please do refrain from 'nominating' acheivers here. What we want you to DO is, CALL the person whom you want to nominate get his confirmation about his availability on Nov 6th, and get the topic he would want to present. Only after this please shoot the information in this forum.

If asked each and every one here would be SUGGESTING more than 10 acheivers here. But they wont take the pain of calling the person getting his confirmation etc. And so at the end of the day we would not have moved anywhere.

@Nimit, @Benny Please do get the confirmation from the people whom you have nominated asap.

Thanks,
Thomas
tedx.JPG

Ram

Oct 17, 2011, 8:04:24 AM10/17/11
to TEDxChennai
Dear friends,

It is heart warming to see some action here. At the same time it will
be prudent to exercise some caution and have a clear plan as to how we
want to proceed further.

TEDxChennai is awesome not just because of the speakers but also
because of the equally awesome attendees who come there. I am not sure
if the time in hand is enough to reach out to people and invite them
on board.

It might even be worth wile to think about postponing the event by a
couple of weeks as we dont even have the teams in place to take care
of various activities. None of the critical elements including Funds
required has been freezed. Let us not end up doing an event just for
the sake of it.

First of all I would like to know how many of us here are really
committed and how much time and energy we are willing to allocate for
the event and what are the various activities each of us would like to
take responsibility for.

Regards
Ram

On Oct 17, 1:34 pm, Thomas Arun <thomasarun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Im sorry this is not the time to be *discussing *about the theme, etc. All
> these should have been done way before. Now with *just less 19 days left*,
> discussing about theme etc is SUICIDAL.. We dont want great stratergies, we
> dont want great ideas, we only want things to be EXECUTED. And things should
> be executed in LIGHTING SPEED considering the too little time we have.
>
> Please do refrain from 'nominating' acheivers here. What we want you to DO
> is, CALL the person whom you want to nominate get his confirmation about his
> availability on Nov 6th, and get the topic he would want to present. Only
> after this please shoot the information in this forum.
>
> If asked each and every one here would be SUGGESTING more than 10 acheivers
> here. But they wont take the pain of calling the person getting his
> confirmation etc. And so at the end of the day we would not have moved
> anywhere.
>
> @Nimit, @Benny Please do get the confirmation from the people whom you have
> nominated asap.
>
> Thanks,
> Thomas
>
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 1:01 PM, SANDEEP VARMA <sandeepvarm...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Yes, its not there on event calender
>
> > On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 12:56 PM, Benedict G <benedi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Were is TedX chennai... ?????
>
> >> [image: tedx.JPG]
>
> >> Benedict G
>
> >> Our issues aren't something that blocks us from doing our work, overcoming
> >> our issues IS the work. - Ariel Grunwald

Sarathy

Oct 17, 2011, 8:49:25 AM10/17/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ram,

I agree that there's a definite possibility of coming up a bit short if we stick to 6th November. However, let's not lose out on the momentum that we appear to have going now. I believe that many of us are actively following up with target speakers, and will have a few confirmations by Wednesday. Come Wednesday night, let's review what we have and then take a call before the end of the week.

Does that sound okay?

Regards,
Sarathy.
9940641242

On Monday, 17 October 2011 17:34:24 UTC+5:30, Ram wrote:
Dear friends,

It is heart warming to see some action here. At the same time it will
be prudent to exercise some caution and have a clear plan as to how we
want to proceed further.

TEDxChennai is awesome not just because of the speakers but also
because of the equally awesome attendees who come there. I am not sure
if the time in hand is enough to reach out to people and invite them
on board.

It might even be worth wile to think about postponing the event by a
couple of weeks as we dont even have the teams in place to take care
of various activities. None of the critical elements including Funds
required has been freezed. Let us not end up doing an event just for
the sake of it.

First of all I would like to know how many of us here are really
committed and how much time and energy we are willing to allocate for
the event and what are the various activities each of us would like to
take responsibility for.

Regards
Ram

Samuel Eddy

Oct 17, 2011, 8:53:22 AM10/17/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
I think the theme decided was SPARK which I think was decided at the meeting held in the Start up center. . So whatever speakers are suggested so far will fit this theme .

Ram,the event has already been postponed once from 9.10.11 which was announced on the stage on 10.10.10. to November 2011.So I think if you postpone it  our credibility will be at stake .

I frankly feel Kiruba needs to take a call as he is the licencee  .I think we have enough funds to pull this off.That is not a constraint.

One set of people can concentrate on the invites and getting people together.

SAMUEL EDDY
Chief Coordinator - TedxChennai
Sole Licencee - BIL Conferences India.
Founder- F4(Face to Face facebook Friends)

Samuel Eddy

Oct 17, 2011, 8:58:22 AM10/17/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
I think lets take a call on wednesday by which time  hopefully Kiruba will also revert. But if you change the date we wont have certain speakers.

Venue booking has to be redone etc . As Thomas was emphatic about ,I think the time for suggestions was over a while ago.

--- On Mon, 17/10/11, Sarathy <sarathy....@gmail.com> wrote:

Samuel Eddy

Oct 17, 2011, 9:53:46 AM10/17/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
"Don't do anything halfway. If you believe in it, go for it."  - Jack Welch

Came across this quote and thought I would share it with you folks!!

SAMUEL EDDY
Chief Coordinator - TedxChennai
Sole Licencee - BIL Conferences India.
Founder- F4(Face to Face facebook Friends)
Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/sjseddy.com
Twitter- www.twitter.com/samueleddy05
Branchout- www.branchout.com/samuel.Eddy
Skype- samuel.eddy55
Blogs- www.sameddy05.wordpress.com
www.sam55blogs.wordpress.com
www.indrepreneur.wordpress.com.

Thomas Arun

Oct 17, 2011, 1:49:12 PM10/17/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
As of now, we do have CONFIRMED seven speakers for TEDxChennai 2011 which is gonna happen on Nov 6th. The list would be presented here tomorrow by Ranjith. Also I am in talk with few more people and am awaiting their response.

@Eddy and @Kribs Seriously, if you keep bringing each and every thing on to discussion table NOTHING is gonna happen. It would only lead to creation of  more arm chair critics.

Last but not the least, the need of the hour is NOT discussions but EXECUTION with a SENSE OF URGENCY.

Thomas

Ram

Oct 17, 2011, 10:58:53 PM10/17/11
to TEDxChennai
Hi Thomas/Ranjith,

Can you please start a new thread with the bio of speakers, video
links if any and how they fit into the theme spark.
This will help when we meet tomorrow.

Regards
Ram

On Oct 17, 10:49 pm, Thomas Arun <thomasarun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As of now, we do have *CONFIRMED *seven speakers for *TEDxChennai 2011 which
> is gonna happen on Nov 6th*. The list would be presented here tomorrow by
> Ranjith. Also I am in talk with few more people and am awaiting their
> response.
>
> @Eddy and @Kribs Seriously, if you keep bringing each and every thing on to
> discussion table NOTHING is gonna happen. It would only lead to creation of
> more arm chair critics.
>
> Last but not the least, the need of the hour is NOT discussions but
> EXECUTION with a SENSE OF URGENCY.
>
> Thomas
>

> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 7:23 PM, Samuel Eddy <samueledd...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > *"Don't do anything halfway. If you believe in it, go for it."  - Jack
> > Welch*
>
> > Came across this quote and thought I would share it with you folks!!
>
> > SAMUEL EDDY
> > Chief Coordinator - TedxChennai
> > Sole Licencee - BIL Conferences India.
> > Founder- F4(Face to Face facebook Friends)

Ranjith Kumar

Oct 18, 2011, 1:42:18 AM10/18/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ram,
We need atleast 14 speakers and 3 speaker, So far we have confirmed 6 speakers has been confirmed, these are speakers list, will write detailed mail on this by tonight.
Please @Ram, @Arivind and @ Sarathy confirm the performer`s.

1. Ramakrishnan.N.K
Founder,
Raga de

2. Sukumar Rajagopalan,
CTO,
CTS

3. Sreejith,
Founder and CEO,
Rope technology

4. T.M Karthi,
Corporate Trainer

5. Vinay Iyer,
Founder,

6. Dr. Nachiket Mor,
Microfinance business in India

7. Saloni Malhotra,
Founder,
DesiCrew

Pending,
Need to update the website,
Change the venue details @Ram can we confirm the venue by today(need to talk to Suresh(Orangescape))
Thank you

meet me:tushar kumar

Oct 18, 2011, 1:44:18 AM10/18/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ranjith,

Just got a confirmation from Srini Swaminathan also. He is available on the same day and would be in Chennai.

Regards,
Tushar Kumar

Nimit Jain

Oct 18, 2011, 1:45:15 AM10/18/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Dr. Nachiket Mor has not yet confirmed. Though I've sent him an invitation, waiting for his reply.

I guess same is the case with Saloni Malhotra, Benny needs to confirm this. If required, I can reach out to her.

Cheers!!!
Nimit

Benedict G

Oct 18, 2011, 1:51:23 AM10/18/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

Just to remind you again that TED is all about "ideas worth spreading"  non negotiable ...  The TED guys out there will not pull you up if you renege on schedule (anyways we have not formally applied for license)  but they will surely get ticked off if you come up with a sub optimal show. ( I remember Eddy telling me abt some license being withdrawn.. am I right Eddy?  Ram are you aware of this ? )

The primary take away from this is that the volunteers must learn to work together and be motivated and excited with IDEAS being the currency.  And to get the IDEAS into action each of us need to bond well together in trust and understanding.  All the volunteers of today must envision themselves to be a speaker at TED or TEDx and to achieve this stature they must attempt new IDEAS in their own life.  I appreciate the Terrace Garden idea of Thomas and Iam sure there are many already hitting that highway of stardom.

SPARK is a fantastic theme.  I remember this lovely song "It only takes the spark to get the fire going, and soon all those around will warm up to its glowing"  .... Wednesday will be the day when we can expect that spark to ignite the fire in the belly :)

The venue is :

The Conference Room @ Future Focus Infotech
#3, Second Street, Haddows Road
Chennai 600006
(its near the Featherlite showroom)

There are 175 members or so in this group.  The choice of words tone and tenor must be in a way that the volunteering spirit in every member  be activated and not extinguished. Aggression and assertiveness with elan and grace is welcome with open arms.  The fact that not many in the group are  volunteering can be due to either listless conversations or warlike aggression.  Chill guys lets have some fun forming great relationships and a IDEAS PACKED TEDX CHENNAI

tedx chennai.jpg

Benedict G

Our issues aren't something that blocks us from doing our work, overcoming our issues IS the work. - Ariel Grunwald

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 8:28 AM, Ram <advert...@gmail.com> wrote:
tedx chennai.jpg

Ranjith Kumar

Oct 18, 2011, 1:54:10 AM10/18/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tushar/Nimit,
Thank fellows, please confirm the speaker asap,

Sarathy Srinivas

Oct 18, 2011, 5:38:42 AM10/18/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Confirmed Navin Gulia, who appeared in today's The Hindu supplement.
more details available @ http://navingulia.com/

**************************

Sarathy Srinivas

+919940641242

Twitter: sarathysrinivas

Skype: sarathy.srinivas

Ranjith Kumar

Oct 18, 2011, 5:42:33 AM10/18/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Thank Sarathy

meet me:tushar kumar

Oct 18, 2011, 5:48:00 AM10/18/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
You are welcome Ranjith. Add Srini Swaminathan's name in the list of confirmed speakers.

Bio: Started with a humble family background from Chennai, went on to study at BITS Pilani and work at Schlumberger for 8years across the globe. Left his comfortable high paying job to do something in the field of education and joined the second batch of Teach for India fellows. Made a brilliant fellow, teaching in an underprivileged school in Dharaavi (Asia's largest slum) and today happens to be the face of TFI fellows in Mumbai. Has spoken at TedxGateway last year and was also associated with TedxNarimanPoint this year. Had attended TedxChennai last year and was yearning to reach out to Chennai people.

Regards,
Tushar Kumar

Ranjith Kumar

Oct 18, 2011, 5:51:23 AM10/18/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tushar,
I have added him already.
@Guyz the energy level is skyhigh, please headsup lets do this, need another 5 - 10 speakers. We will close the speakers discussion asap. And focus on others.

Sarathy Srinivas

Oct 18, 2011, 6:12:03 AM10/18/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Travel & Accommodation for Speakers from coming from outside of Chennai needs to be discussed & agreed; putting this also on the agenda for tomorrow's meeting.

**************************

Sarathy Srinivas

+919940641242

Twitter: sarathysrinivas

Skype: sarathy.srinivas

meet me:tushar kumar

Oct 18, 2011, 6:20:19 AM10/18/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Great Ranjith!

Regards,
Tushar Kumar

Samuel Eddy

Oct 18, 2011, 10:00:58 AM10/18/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tribe!!

We need only 12 speakers .there are 4 sessions .We need to give breaks after every 3 speakers to ensure audience /speaker interaction. Vinay Iyer has confirmed that he will spend the whole day at TEDxChennai .

Please get the buddy system also in place and allot a buddy to each speaker .the buddy interacts with the speaker and takes care of him,Literally!!

Like the energy levels.The sleeping giant is waking up. LETS DO IT ,TRIBE!!

Will choose the most active , energetic  folks for the Chic meets Geek event on Jan 15th 2012!

SAMUEL EDDY
Curator-Chic Meets Geek India- www.chicmeetsgeek.com
Chief Coordinator - TedxChennai- www.tedxchennai.com
Sole Licencee - BIL Conferences India- www.bilconference.in
Founder- F4(Face to Face facebook Friends- www.globalf4.com

Samuel Eddy

Oct 18, 2011, 10:05:07 AM10/18/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Sandeep can speak to kiruba and take charge of handling the finanaces.I think we have enough resources in the account to handle this event even without sponsors.

Sandy,Please get some petty cash for expenses. Also start the ticket sales .

SAMUEL EDDY
Curator-Chic Meets Geek India- www.chicmeetsgeek.com
Chief Coordinator - TedxChennai- www.tedxchennai.com
Sole Licencee - BIL Conferences India- www.bilconference.in
Founder- F4(Face to Face facebook Friends- www.globalf4.com
Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/sjseddy.com
Twitter- www.twitter.com/samueleddy05
Branchout- www.branchout.com/samuel.Eddy

Thomas Arun

Oct 18, 2011, 2:52:37 PM10/18/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Friends,

I confirmed Saloni Malhotra of Desi crew but she has backed out citing personal reasons today. Mani Doraisamy co-founder and CTO of Orange Scape has confirmed his participation as speaker.  Also character actor and tamil comedian Mr Mohan Raman http://sites.google.com/site/mohanraman/home has also confirmed his participation as speaker.

I guess we would be able pass the first hurdle by tomorrow. As of now atleast 10 speakers have confirmed their participation. And am awaiting confirmation from few more people.

As Ram and others have voiced out,  it is very important that the speakers topic and their talk is in congruence to our theme, SPARK. And so, we would need a team that would work closely with the speakers to ensure their topic and talk is in congruence to our theme.
I humbly request Ram to take care of this.

Thomas

Samuel Eddy

Oct 18, 2011, 7:44:46 PM10/18/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Folks ,some suggestions on the speakers!

get Ram of Rang De to speak along with his wife Smita urates .They can talk as a couple .there is a video in TED where a couple talk abt their wildlife experience.

Mohan is a classmate of mine from School! he is also a Rotarian  .he has a good sense of humour and can be very dramatical as well.

Kindly make sure that someone Curates the talks .get a transcription of their talk.the next iteration get them to talk on the phone and get them a day before to talk on the actual stage