Buying a Tablet from Another Country

Lawan Kumara

Sep 22, 2014, 6:05:58 AM9/22/14
to tech...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

I'm about to buy a Tablet Computer from another country via a Friend of mine.

Actually I'm planning to Buy a Branded Tablet such as Dell or Lenovo.

What I want to know is that, Can we use the 3G Connections in Sri lanka with a

tablet bought overseas.

Thank You!

Harindu Udapitiya

Sep 23, 2014, 4:02:07 AM9/23/14
to tech...@googlegroups.com
yes.if you buy a "unlocked" one you can use any local sim with that for 3G.

--
ටෙක්කතා සමූහය සඳහා ආචාර ධර්ම http://www.techkatha.com/rules-and-regulations/

ඔබට මෙම පණිවිඩය ලැබෙන්නේ ඔබ Teckකතා හි සාමාජිකයෙක් බැවිනි.
ලිවීම සඳහා tech...@googlegroups.com වෙත ලියන්න.
Teckකතා හින් ඉවත්වීම සඳහා http://googlegroups.com/group/techkatha/subscribe වෙත යන්න.

වෙබ් අඩවිය http://www.techkatha.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Techකතා" group.

Harshana

Sep 23, 2014, 4:02:26 AM9/23/14
to tech...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 3:35 PM, Lawan Kumara <lawan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can we use the 3G Connections in Sri lanka with a

tablet bought overseas.

Yes, you can use, make sure there is no network locks. Usually doesn't have network locks in tabs.

--
Cheers !,
Harshana

dinesh nanayakkara

Sep 24, 2014, 4:25:41 AM9/24/14
to tech...@googlegroups.com

And also check frequency band in that tablet mach in sri lankan gsm frequency

Lawan Kumara

Sep 28, 2014, 1:42:13 PM9/28/14
to tech...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Harindu , Harshana , Dinesh.

I've another question for you guys. I'm interested in bringing an IPad

like that (via a friend from abroad)

Do IPads have unlocked versions ?

So that can I use them with any Mobile Internet Provider ?

Harshana

Sep 29, 2014, 4:50:40 AM9/29/14
to tech...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 11:12 PM, Lawan Kumara <lawan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks a lot Harindu , Harshana , Dinesh.

I've another question for you guys. I'm interested in bringing an IPad

like that (via a friend from abroad)

Do IPads have unlocked versions ?
Yes,  most of cellular devices have network locked and unlocked. Most of network locked gadgets comes with agreements, better u confirm it before purchasing. some of android tabs comes with network locked.

So that can I use them with any Mobile Internet Provider ?
Yes

--
Cheers !,
Harshana

Lawan Kumara

Oct 3, 2014, 6:34:25 PM10/3/14
to tech...@googlegroups.com
Thank You everybody for your answers. Cheers!

Harindu Udapitiya

Oct 12, 2014, 1:46:37 PM10/12/14
to tech...@googlegroups.com
Yes of course.Please make sure you are buying "3G or 4G version" iPad,cz if you buy a "wifi only" model you cant use any sim. So buy "unlocked 3G or 4G version".
Gud luck..

Thank You everybody for your answers. Cheers!