Shining Star Reception November 19 Need Representation

1 view

Adam

Nov 9, 2009, 4:46:50 PM11/9/09
to TEAM EVEREST
Team Everest

I hope everyone is well. I've been a bad, bad team captain. I've
neglected everyone for months. I have no good excuse except life is
exceptionally busy for me now.

Here is an invitation from the NMSS for the Shining Stars event. I
have to work that night so I can't make it. Perhaps several of you
want to get together and represent the team. It's a nice everning.
If you can attend, please let me know. I'll RSVP for you.

Thanks for everything

Adam

Hello Team Captains~

You have all received a “Save the Date” as well as an “e-vite” for
this year’s Shining Stars Awards & Reception event being held on
Thursday, November 19th at the Four Points by Sheraton in Norwood.
Unfortunately, I mistakenly did not send the invitation out to your
team members. Since you are receiving a team award, I would encourage
you to extend the invitation to your team members.

I have extended the RSVP date to Thursday, November 12th. If you
could get back to me (just reply to this email) with the names of any
team members who will be joining you for the celebration as well as if
they request a vegetarian meal that evening, I would greatly
appreciate it!

I hope all of you will be able to join us next week!

Take care,

Heidi

Barry Lamkin

Nov 9, 2009, 5:25:15 PM11/9/09
to team-e...@googlegroups.com
I could be convinced to go if we have a group going.

Barry

Debra Barbuto

Nov 10, 2009, 2:48:19 PM11/10/09
to team-e...@googlegroups.com
I would also consider....it I had some partners in crime!

Adam Brodsky

Nov 16, 2009, 9:17:17 AM11/16/09
to team-e...@googlegroups.com
Team Everest

My schedule just opened up and I'm available to go to the Shining Stars event (although the deadline for RSVPs has passed).   Barry and Deb indicated some interest in going.  Anyone else?  I want to send an e-mail today to NMSS to beg to get in.  Thanks.

Adam

From: "Adam Brodsky" <ad...@brodskylaw.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 09:17:17 -0500

KMUN...@aol.com

Nov 27, 2009, 3:27:23 PM11/27/09
to team-e...@googlegroups.com
The Link has boxes for use/ rent. But we were quoted a fee of $200 each way for the bike.. I Know ... I know ....But it's really fast .       Charlie

Joel Loitherstein

Nov 27, 2009, 3:43:00 PM11/27/09
to team-e...@googlegroups.com

I don’t know where you live but Landry’s or International will sell you a cardboard bike box for $10.  I recently did the Livestrong ride in Austin and shipped my bike that way.  I recommend getting one from a Trek Madone or similar high end bike.  These boxes usually separate into two halves and have straps inside for the bike and foam mounts for the bottom bracket and rear dropouts.  One of my friends who travels with his bike a lot does it this way every time.  He says that for some reason the cardboard boxes don’t get opened by security as often as the hard cases.  That being said, all of our boxes got opened in Logan on the way to Austin and mine got opened on the way back.

Livestrong arranged for free shipment of our bike on the plane.  But before I knew that I was going to use Fed Ex.  It’s cheaper than sending a bike on the airplane ($100 each way vs. $150 to $175 each way depending on the airline).

Have a fun trip.

-- Joel --

     Joel S. Loitherstein, PE, LSP

     Loitherstein Environmental Engineering, Inc.

     45 Beulah Street

     Framingham, Massachusetts 01701-5243

     Phone: 508-872-6400 x11      Fax: 508-872-6466

     Mobile: 508-259-0303

     JLoith...@loitherstein.com

     www.loitherstein.com

This message contains confidential information, intended only for the person(s) named above, which may also be privileged.  Any use, distribution, copying, or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the e‑mail sender immediately, and delete the original message without making a copy.

ü Please consider the environment before printing this email.

> </HTML<BR

image001.jpg

Adam Brodsky

Nov 27, 2009, 4:21:20 PM11/27/09
to team-e...@googlegroups.com
Dan

I have Mike Dirado's bike bag in my basement.  Call Mike at 781-544-3950.

Adam

Nov 27, 2009, 6:28:40 PM11/27/09
to team-e...@googlegroups.com
Dan,

I travel with my bike several times a year. You can rent a case and bring it on the plane (rates vary with airlines) or you can bring it to you r local shop, preferable an Everest sponsor, and have them pack it in one of the many boxes they will be emptying this season. Send it UPS to a shop in florida. Far cheaper.

Where are you traveling to? I have bike shop sponsors from Port St Lucie to the Keys. All will take real good care of you

Kevin

Nov 28, 2009, 11:45:40 AM11/28/09
to team-e...@googlegroups.com
I had mine shipped from a bike shop once..a long time ago.

-Amy

Jeff Protentis

Nov 28, 2009, 12:08:24 PM11/28/09
to team-e...@googlegroups.com

I have done this many times. Here is my experience/Advice:

·         Get a box from a local bike shop. I have never had to pay for one as they are generally happy to get rid of them

·         Try to get one with everything in it that the bike had when shipping to them

o   Spacer to support the front fork

o   Flat inserts to go in to your wheels so that the metal piece sticking out from the  wheel doesn’t puncture the box

·         Make sure that the bike that was in the box was as big or slightly bigger than yours

·         If it is your top bike that you are packing (as opposed to the beater that you take out in foul weather), let the bike shop pack it

o   They will charge somewhere around $50-$70 to pack it

o   No scratches, nicks or damage

·         If it’s your beater bike, pack it yourself

o   Go on-line and you will be able to find instructions as to how best to pack a bike

o   Use cable ties and pipe insulator (you can get from your local hardware store) to avoid scratches

o   Leave your tires about 25% full of air. Having some air prevents your wheel from getting pushed slightly out of true

·         Cost:

o   Having a store pack it will cost $50-$70 each way

o   Airlines will generally charge $100 each way. If you are a premier member of their frequent flier program this often will be $0

o   UPS can deliver as fast as Fed Ex only cheaper

o   In the winter when I have no need for my bike due to inclement weather, I ship UPS ground. It takes a week each way but saves substantially

o   Cost for UPS ground is around $30 each way to St. Pete Beach, FL from Boston

§  Cost is determined by size of box, weight of box and distance to be shipped

·         If staying in a condo I will have it shipped to the office and held there for 1-2 days

·         If that is not an option, UPS can hold it at their local site for several days

Hope this helps. If you have any questions give me a call. 617-901-2887

Jeff Protentis

Barry D. Lamkin

Nov 28, 2009, 12:42:45 PM11/28/09
to team-e...@googlegroups.com

All good advice…

I also have an old Hard Case that has done well by UPS and by Airline.

I would happy to lend it out to a Team Everest member.

Barry D. Lamkin

178 Old Oaken Bucket Road

Norwell, MA 02061

Home: 781-659-7436

Mobile: 617-510-6072

email: barry....@verizon.net

Daniel Evans

Dec 2, 2009, 9:23:47 PM12/2/09
to team-e...@googlegroups.com
Wow, Thanks team for the advice and offers.I am borrowing Barry's hard case and am going to ship it UPS. Jet Blue only charges $50.00 each way to take it on the plane but it may be easier to have UPS pick it up. I'm going to Naples Florida for 10 days , If anyone has any good  ideas for a rides down there, Let me know.

Thanks again Happy Holidays
Dan

P.S. I did spell check on this, and it said Barry spelled
his name wrong   Go figure

Dec 3, 2009, 4:39:52 PM12/3/09
to team-e...@googlegroups.com
Thnx
Dan

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with Nextel Direct Connect

From: "Sam Pollock" <Sam...@thebicyclelink.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 12:54:01 -0500
Subject: RE: TEAM EVEREST taking my bike on vacation