Beta 4.0 (Android 4.0+ Devices Only)

Pent

Jan 20, 2013, 10:44:14 AM1/20/13
to Tasker
http://tasker.dinglisch.net/beta.html

The most obvious result of 8 weeks work: a white background :-)

I don't have an ICS device for testing, so fingers crossed it's mostly
OK.
Come to think of it, I should've tried it on the emulator...

About project tabs: the action to toggle projects (long-click any
bottom button) is relatively unintuitive, but

a) I found too much interference from Android's own buttons trying to
stroke up
b) since the bottom bar is always there anyway, there's not much cause
to hide the projects, just so you can see the help and search buttons

Important new preference if you don't like a white background: Menu /
More / UI / Theme.

Let the flood of crash reports commence!

Pent

p.s. beta for 1.6+ devices coming once I work out some complications

Richard Davis

Jan 20, 2013, 11:02:44 AM1/20/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

> I don't have an ICS device for testing

Well That's interesting .....  :)

> p.s. beta for 1.6+ devices coming once I work out some complications

I did not think this was on the table??
What will this beta include???

Rich...

Pent

Jan 20, 2013, 11:19:05 AM1/20/13
to Tasker
> I did not think this was on the table??
> What will this beta include???

Additions from the beta that was available before I started working on
the 4.0+ version, and some extra bug fixes e.g. for wireless charging.

Pent

Scott Miller

Jan 20, 2013, 11:35:52 AM1/20/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Installed on my Galaxy Note 10.1 on Android 4.1.2. Tasker is indicating no active profiles. Even after reboot. Should have two active. No indications of being active within the UI nor on the notification.

From the runlog, it appears the Tasker Startup profile I have ran ok. Nothing after that. I manually ran the enter task of the profile that should be active first, which sets a variable that should activate the second profile. But it didn't run either, even though the variable is set. The first profile is based on a Wi-Fi ssid, the second on a variable. The second profile uses secure settings, which also does not appear to be working. Everything was working correctly in the previous beta.

For what it's worth, here is the portion of the run log since restarting the device. Both tasks were run manually. Profiles did not activate.

20130120 11.18.18 P Instant  ID20     TaskerStartup
20130120 11.18.18 T Running  ID60     Clear Variables
20130120 11.18.18 A OK       ID60.1   Clear Variables.Variable Clear
20130120 11.18.18 A OK       ID60.2   Clear Variables.Variable Clear
20130120 11.18.18 A OK       ID60.3   Clear Variables.Variable Clear
20130120 11.18.18 A OK       ID60.4   Clear Variables.Variable Clear
20130120 11.18.18 A OK       ID60.5   Clear Variables.Variable Clear
20130120 11.18.18 A OK       ID60.6   Clear Variables.Variable Clear
20130120 11.18.18 A OK       ID60.7   Clear Variables.Perform Task
20130120 11.18.18 T Running  ID77:2   KeyGuardOff Exit
20130120 11.18.18 T ExitOK   ID60     Clear Variables
20130120 11.19.19 A OK       ID77:2.1 KeyGuardOff Exit.Wait
20130120 11.19.19 A OK       ID77:2.2 KeyGuardOff Exit.Stop
20130120 11.19.19 A OK       ID77:2.3 KeyGuardOff Exit.Secure Settings
20130120 11.19.19 A OK       ID77:2.4 KeyGuardOff Exit.Secure Settings
20130120 11.19.19 A OK       ID77:2.5 KeyGuardOff Exit.Secure Settings
20130120 11.19.19 T ExitOK   ID77:2   KeyGuardOff Exit
20130120 11.20.04 T Running  ID21     Home Enter
20130120 11.20.04 A OK       ID21.1   Home Enter.If
20130120 11.20.04 A OK       ID21.4   Home Enter.Variable Set
20130120 11.20.04 A OK       ID21.5   Home Enter.Display Timeout
20130120 11.20.04 A OK       ID21.6   Home Enter.Variable Set
20130120 11.20.04 T ExitOK   ID21     Home Enter
20130120 11.30.31 T Running  ID76     KeyGuardOff Enter
20130120 11.30.31 A OK       ID76.1   KeyGuardOff Enter.Secure Settings
20130120 11.30.31 A OK       ID76.2   KeyGuardOff Enter.Secure Settings
20130120 11.30.31 A OK       ID76.3   KeyGuardOff Enter.Secure Settings
20130120 11.30.31 T ExitOK   ID76     KeyGuardOff Enter

Do you want a system log?

Scott

Pent

Jan 20, 2013, 11:47:17 AM1/20/13
to Tasker
Scott, could you turn on SD logging (Menu / Prefs / More / SD Log),
then create a simple Time profile and tell me if it shows up as
active ?

If not, could you send me the SD log straight away ?

Thanks,

Pent

Wietse van Buitenen

Jan 20, 2013, 11:49:56 AM1/20/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
the white background will be too much of a change to install directly on my main device :)
Will install it on my Nexus 7 to have a play first :)

Scott Miller

Jan 20, 2013, 11:55:03 AM1/20/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Yes, a time based profile is showing as active.

Scott

Pent

Jan 20, 2013, 11:57:55 AM1/20/13
to Tasker
> the white background will be too much of a change to install directly on my
> main device :)

There's a dark theme, or device default (or white with dark AB).

Pent

Pent

Jan 20, 2013, 11:59:59 AM1/20/13
to Tasker
You said 'based on a wifi ssid'. Is that Wifi Near, Wifi Connected, or
something home-cooked with a variable ?

Pent

Pent

Jan 20, 2013, 12:01:16 PM1/20/13
to Tasker
> You said 'based on a wifi ssid'. Is that Wifi Near, Wifi Connected, or
> something home-cooked with a variable ?

Also, what's the variable condition of the second profile ? Is it a
state or event ?

Pent

Scott Miller

Jan 20, 2013, 12:02:41 PM1/20/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Profile: Home (61)
State: Wifi Connected [ SSID:sjmiller/sjmiller-n MAC:* IP:* ]
Enter: Home Enter (21)
A1: If [ %PACTIVE ~ *,taskerstartup,* ]
A2: Wait Until [ MS:0 Seconds:1 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ] If [ %PACTIVE !~ *,taskerstartup,* ]
A3: End If
A4: Variable Set [ Name:%ATHOME To:1 Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A5: Display Timeout [ Secs:0 Mins:10 Hours:0 ]
A6: Variable Set [ Name:%KEYGUARDOFF To:Yes Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]

Exit: Home Exit (46)
A1: If [ %NIGHTTIME ! Set ]
A2: Variable Clear [ Name:%KEYGUARDOFF Pattern Matching:Off ]
A3: End If
A4: Display Timeout [ Secs:15 Mins:0 Hours:0 ]
A5: Variable Clear [ Name:%ATHOME Pattern Matching:Off ]
A6: Secure Settings [ Configuration:Screen Dim
15 Seconds Package:com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin Name:Secure Settings ]
A7: WiFi [ Set:Off ]

Scott

Scott Miller

Jan 20, 2013, 12:03:32 PM1/20/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Profile: KeyGuardOff (75)
State: Variable Value [ Name:%KEYGUARDOFF Op:Is Set Value:* ]
Enter: KeyGuardOff Enter (76)
Abort Existing Task
A1: Secure Settings [ Configuration:Screen & Keyboard Lights On

5 Seconds Package:com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin Name:Secure Settings ]

A2: Secure Settings [ Configuration:Clear Password Package:com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin Name:Secure Settings ]
A3: Secure Settings [ Configuration:Keyguard Disabled Package:com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin Name:Secure Settings ]

Exit: KeyGuardOff Exit (77)
Abort Existing Task
A1: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:0 Minutes:1 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
A2: Stop [ With Error:Off Task: ] If [ %PACTIVE ~ *,keyguardoff,* ]
A3: Secure Settings [ Configuration:Screen & Keyboard Lights On

5 Seconds Package:com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin Name:Secure Settings ]

A4: Secure Settings [ Configuration:Keyguard Enabled Package:com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin Name:Secure Settings ]
A5: Secure Settings [ Configuration:Set Pin Package:com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin Name:Secure Settings ]

Scott

Pent

Jan 20, 2013, 1:12:35 PM1/20/13
to Tasker
Thanks, could reproduce the wifi at least, and suspect they're
connected.

I don't recommend anyone download the beta until I get to the bottom
of it.

Pent

Dave

Jan 20, 2013, 1:24:40 PM1/20/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I can also confirm that no WiFi related tasks are working for me.
Liking the new look! Looking forward to an update that fixes this issue!

Vladimir Oz

Jan 20, 2013, 1:26:29 PM1/20/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
well well... profile with one simple Variable state context does not work.
But with "Profile 4 Tasker" plug-in state - works.
I think it's not cool.

UI is pretty enough.

IMHO: projects' tab should be at left and hidden. Tap on Tasker icon should half open it scrollable up <-> down. Like Categories in Google Media, Notebooks in Evernote, etc. It can show then Icon and name.

Pent

Jan 20, 2013, 1:36:03 PM1/20/13
to Tasker
Beta 2 available, should fix wifi and probably several other things.

Pent

Pent

Jan 20, 2013, 1:36:30 PM1/20/13
to Tasker
p.s. App Factory does not work with this release, didn't get so far
yet.

Pent

Pent

Jan 20, 2013, 1:37:34 PM1/20/13
to Tasker

> IMHO: projects' tab should be at left and hidden. Tap on Tasker icon should
> half open it scrollable up <-> down. Like Categories in Google Media,
> Notebooks in Evernote, etc. It can show then Icon and name.
> <https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-cX-512gXiMY/UPw2kxZk-fI/AAAAAAAAAk...>

Not a bad idea, but that's not the Android design guidelines decree
for what the icon is to be used for.

Pent

Dave

Jan 20, 2013, 1:41:45 PM1/20/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
yes wifi profiles are working now!
that was quick ;)

Dave

Jan 20, 2013, 1:48:13 PM1/20/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
small gripe with the design
when editing a task its kinda hard to figure out how to confirm your selection.
i had to try a couple of times before i found out that the top left corner meant "OK" for my selection
maybe put an actual checkmark somewhere so that its obvious where to click ;)

Wietse van Buitenen

Jan 20, 2013, 2:20:58 PM1/20/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
had 3 FC's with b1 on my Nexus 7, don't really know what happened and can't reproduce now..
will play with b2

although I am one of those people that doesn't really care about UI I must say I quite like the new look, some things aren't as clear as they were in previous UI but that's just my brain that needs to adjust :)

is it from this beta series on that we can't export Projects, Tasks etc on Android 4.0+ and import them back in Android 2.3?
Or will there be a way as long as the stuff used is available on target platform?

Pent

Jan 20, 2013, 3:18:14 PM1/20/13
to Tasker
> is it from this beta series on that we can't export Projects, Tasks etc on
> Android 4.0+ and import them back in Android 2.3?
> Or will there be a way as long as the stuff used is available on target
> platform?

It should work OK unless you're e.g. using something where the
parameters have changed or a new action.

I havn't tested it, but I don't remember anything relevant till now.

Pent

Pent

Jan 20, 2013, 3:20:08 PM1/20/13
to Tasker
> when editing a task its kinda hard to figure out how to confirm your
> selection

It's supposed to be Android design guidelines that that thing top left
means 'accept and up'.
I got lots of 'please change the UI to match the guidelines' emails.

You can also just use the back key.

Pent

RudeboyX

Jan 20, 2013, 3:23:35 PM1/20/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Great work on the new UI Pent, it makes Tasker feel more integrated with my OS now.

I do have a couple of issues to report though.

1. Plugin issues
    "Assistant Event" - wont trigger event, doesn't appear in the runlog but if i trigger whilst tasker is running, im ruturned to my homescreen.
    "AutoRemote" actions wont run (At least for "send message")(Although it is reciving messgaes for profile triggers correctly)

2. When filtering/searching in the action menu, if you clear your search and then enter a sub catogory you are presented with all actions from every sub catogory.

3. Action -> Profile Status. Doesn't seem to be working.

4. I've had a couple of tasker restarts. (noticed tasker notification disapear and restart)

5. "Battery Changed" context not triggering.

Running 4.0 Beta2 on TF300T CM10.1 Nightly. All triggers/events/actions etc work fine prior to installing 4.0beta

Thanks again for the UI update, I'll keep my eye out for more issues.

Regards
RBX

RudeboyX

Jan 20, 2013, 3:55:46 PM1/20/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Scratch that. Plugin triggers seems to be playing up for autoremote also. 1 in every 10 received maybe triggers a profile and even then it plays funny games with tasker like keeping the profile active even though its set as an event.

RBX

Scott Miller

Jan 20, 2013, 5:04:16 PM1/20/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Yes. Both profiles activate now, and the tasks run as expected. Thanks.

Scott

TS

Jan 20, 2013, 5:21:39 PM1/20/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Pent,

The new UI looks great!

One bug found so far:
If I set a lock code (to prevent changes to tasks etc) and set it to be locked at Tasker startup, I cannot enter the code. The input dialog gets reloaded every second or so, which makes it impossible to enter the code...

Regards

UncleMike

Jan 20, 2013, 5:46:09 PM1/20/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Any particular reason that Task Timers (on the home scree) are now 3x2 instead of 2x1?

Also, the button to create a new profile is located at the end of the project tabs.  This seems unintuitive.  I hit the button five times thinking it might create a new profile, and even then I misread it as prompting for a project name.  Long pressing on the profiles tab might be more intuitive, but I'm less than sure about that.

Some places in the new UI appear to have gone through color changes only, making it hard to distinguish UI elements from the background.  In particular I'm thinking of the Variable Set dialog, where the field for the "to" value is the same color as the background, and there's no border.  Aside from the "to" line, there's no indication that there's a place to enter data.

I have no plugin category for event contexts.  I could have sworn it used to be there.

Obviously a lot of effort went into the new UI, but I think no matter how well it's done it's going to be a little confusing for long-time Tasker users.

Daniel Stříbrný

Jan 20, 2013, 6:21:23 PM1/20/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Great job Pent! But in edit scene window, it is not possible edit elements in upper area because there are buttons of edit scene window...

Steve Kaminski

Jan 20, 2013, 9:22:52 PM1/20/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Pent,
B2 is routinely crashing. Droid RAZR HD Maxx, Android 4.1.1

Here's the log.

20.09
Bad notification posted from package net.dinglisch.android.tasker: Couldn't expand RemoteViews for: StatusBarNotification(pkg=net.dinglisch.android.tasker id=2147483647 tag=null score=-10 notn=Notification(pri=-1 contentView=net.dinglisch.android.tasker/0x7f030043 vibrate=null sound=null defaults=0x0 flags=0x6a kind=[null]))
android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1393)
android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4962)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

Scott Miller

Jan 21, 2013, 12:12:22 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Time based profiles are behaving strangely. On both of my devices, I have a profile set to activate at 23:31 until 06:59. It did not run on either device. However, I opened Tasker to check on it, and when I exited I saw that it was running. This was the same on both devices. Neither device was sleeping, as I had been actively using both of them at the time.

Also, just noticed, when viewing the run log with the dark theme enabled, time stamps are black on black. It looks ok with the light theme enabled.

Both are stock Jellybean. GS3 is 4.1.1 and GNote 10.1 is 4.1.2.

Profile: Night time (4)
Time: From 23:31 Till 06:59
Enter: Start Of Night (13)
A1: Execute [ Configuration:sh /sdcard/scripts/n.sh

Package:de.elmicha.app.LocaleExecute Name:Execute ]
A2: Notification Volume [ Level:4 Display:Off Sound:Off ]
A3: Silent Mode [ Mode:On ]
A4: Variable Set [ Name:%KEYGUARDOFF To:Yes Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A5: Variable Set [ Name:%NIGHTTIME To:1 Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]

Exit: End Of Night (14)
A1: Execute [ Configuration:sh /sdcard/scripts/d.sh
Package:de.elmicha.app.LocaleExecute Name:Execute ]
A2: Notification Volume [ Level:5 Display:Off Sound:Off ]
A3: Silent Mode [ Mode:Off ]
A4: Variable Clear [ Name:%KEYGUARDOFF Pattern Matching:Off ] If [ %ATHOME ! Set ]
A5: Variable Clear [ Name:%NIGHTTIME Pattern Matching:Off ]

Scott

Vladimir Oz

Jan 21, 2013, 1:56:51 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yeap. B2 works with Variables states.

Using left tab for projects, You can introduce projects grouping, how it shown at screenshot from my previous message  - feeds are grouped in categories. Yes, it's for advanced users, but it's would be very convenient feature.

Next UI suggestion: reduce the profile switcher's size using " O | I " instead " OFF | ON "

Pent

Jan 21, 2013, 1:57:48 AM1/21/13
to Tasker
> Great job Pent! But in edit scene window, it is not possible edit elements in upper area because there are buttons of edit scene window...

Hmm, hadn't noticed that the overlay version of the action bar blocked
key presses.

Pent

Pent

Jan 21, 2013, 2:00:58 AM1/21/13
to Tasker
> B2 is routinely crashing. Droid RAZR HD Maxx, Android 4.1.1

An SD log straight after a crash would be useful:

http://tasker.dinglisch.net/userguide/en/faqs/faq-how.html#x2

Thanks,

Pent

> 20.09
> Bad notification posted from package net.dinglisch.android.tasker: Couldn't
> expand RemoteViews for:
> StatusBarNotification(psp tkg=net.dinglisch.android.tasker id=2147483647
> tag=null score=-10 notn=Notification(pri=-1

Pent

Jan 21, 2013, 2:03:32 AM1/21/13
to Tasker
> Time based profiles are behaving strangely. On both of my devices, I have a
> profile set to activate at 23:31 until 06:59. It did not run on either
> device.

Could you clarify that ? Was the profile shown as active in the
notification pulldown ?

It's important to distinguish between profiles not *activating* and
tasks not *running*.

Thanks,

Pent

tr91

Jan 21, 2013, 2:16:07 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Can't seem to turn off or on profiles, even at trying the save and exit button. Only toggling the master tasker on off switch works.

Johnathan Wee

Jan 21, 2013, 2:20:40 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

I am getting these errors, here is my screengrab:

Screenshot_2013-01-21-15-18-30.png

Pent

Jan 21, 2013, 2:49:22 AM1/21/13
to Tasker
> Can't seem to turn off or on profiles, even at trying the save and exit button. Only >toggling the master tasker on off switch works.

Do you mean 'disabling a profile with it's switch in the main screen
does not prevent it from activating' ?

If not, could you give more details, thanks.

Pent

Pent

Jan 21, 2013, 2:50:10 AM1/21/13
to Tasker
> I am getting these errors, here is my screengrab:

Could you tell me what's in the mentioned file please ?

Thanks,

Pent

Pent

Jan 21, 2013, 3:17:44 AM1/21/13
to Tasker

> Any particular reason that Task Timers (on the home scree) are now 3x2
> instead of 2x1?

No, fixed.

> Also, the button to create a new profile is located at the end of the
> project tabs.  This seems unintuitive.

I think/hope that newer users will first get used to the button at the
bottom, being for adding stuff, then when not in beginner mode anymore
carry on that way.

The concern is valid however, and I'm still thinking about project
presentation however.

> making it hard to distinguish UI elements from the background.  In
> particular I'm thinking of the Variable Set dialog, where the field for the
> "to" value is the same color as the background, and there's no border.
>  Aside from the "to" line, there's no indication that there's a place to
> enter data.

Don't you have a blue line under text entry fields ?

> I have no plugin category for event contexts.  I could have sworn it used
> to be there.

No, never.

Pent

tr91

Jan 21, 2013, 3:25:49 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I mean disabling or enabling profiles using the switch button. Disabling and enabling it via another task doesn't work either.

Johnathan Wee

Jan 21, 2013, 3:32:52 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, what do you mean by that?

Do I need to download something for you to see?

Pent

Jan 21, 2013, 3:35:55 AM1/21/13
to Tasker
In the screenshot it mentions a file in /sys/bus/usb, could you look
in the file (e.g. with a file manager) and tell me what's there ?

Pent

Johnathan Wee

Jan 21, 2013, 3:43:55 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
inside /sys/bus/usb,

There are 2 directories

/devices
/drivers

and 3 files
drivers_autoprobe
drivers_probe
uevent

Which files or directories do you need to see?

Pent

Jan 21, 2013, 3:45:13 AM1/21/13
to Tasker
> If I set a lock code (to prevent changes to tasks etc) and set it to be locked at Tasker startup, I cannot enter the code. The input dialog gets reloaded every second or so, which makes it impossible to enter the code...

That's a good one. I can reproduce it, but when debugging to system
log is enabled it doesn't occur :-)

Pent

Johnathan Wee

Jan 21, 2013, 3:49:27 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I had the same thing. I just went back to 1.3b4, disable the lock code, then updated to 4b2 and its was ok since

Scott Miller

Jan 21, 2013, 6:32:24 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, sorry, I should have known better. The profile doesn't activate when the time context begins. I also have another profile with a repeating time context that should be running to keep my phone from deep sleep over night. No evidence in the run log that it ran at all.

Scott

Scott Miller

Jan 21, 2013, 6:35:09 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

I guess I'm not quite awake yet. I replied to the wrong message. The profile did not activate. That's what prompted me to take a look.

Scott

Scott Miller

Jan 21, 2013, 6:50:14 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

I'm seeing part of this as well. I have four actions in my night time task that change the status of other profiles. According to the run log, the actions were executed, but the profile status did not change from on to off, or the reverse.

Scott

Pent

Jan 21, 2013, 7:01:07 AM1/21/13
to Tasker

On Jan 21, 9:43 am, Johnathan Wee <dr4p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> inside /sys/bus/usb,
>
> There are 2 directories
>
> /devices
> /drivers
>
> and 3 files
> drivers_autoprobe
> drivers_probe
> uevent
>
> Which files or directories do you need to see?

The files mentioned in your screenshot e.g.

devices/1-2:1.1/bInterfaceClass

Pent

Scott Miller

Jan 21, 2013, 7:03:34 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

I was just watching, and I noticed the profile did not end, either. I opened Tasker, and upon backing out, the exit task ran.

Scott

Pent

Jan 21, 2013, 7:58:37 AM1/21/13
to Tasker

> I'm seeing part of this as well. I have four actions in my night time task
> that change the status of other profiles. According to the run log, the
> actions were executed, but the profile status did not change from on to
> off, or the reverse.

I don't know why it wasn't working, but I switched the mechanism to a
more efficient one and it works now :-)

I havn't been able to reproduce that manually changing the switch in
the UI does not disable the profile, it works fine.

Is that for all profiles ?

Pent

DMagician

Jan 21, 2013, 8:50:57 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Any reason why FC on open when profiles/tasks/scenes from backup are restores?

Scott Miller

Jan 21, 2013, 8:52:17 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

For me, I didn't try the manual switch until now. If I turn it off, it looks like it works. I change to a different project and come back, the switch is on. I turned it off, then exited and saved. Came back in and it was on again.

Scott

tr91

Jan 21, 2013, 8:54:42 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
It's for all profiles, regardless if I'm trying to enable or disable it, it won't save the changes. Even new fake profiles I made in the new beta version won't work either.

Anyway I'm back to using the old tasker for now.

Pent

Jan 21, 2013, 9:08:57 AM1/21/13
to Tasker
Scott, is it just a Time context, or is there another context there
too ?

Pent

Pent

Jan 21, 2013, 9:09:31 AM1/21/13
to Tasker
> Any reason why FC on open when profiles/tasks/scenes from backup are
> restores?

Backup made with which version and restored to which version ?

Pent

Pent

Jan 21, 2013, 9:11:22 AM1/21/13
to Tasker
> It's for all profiles, regardless if I'm trying to enable or disable it, it won't save the changes. Even new fake profiles I made in the new beta version won't work either.

Do other changes take effect ? e.g. creating a new profile or adding
an action to a task ?

Pent

Pent

Jan 21, 2013, 9:11:50 AM1/21/13
to Tasker
> For me, I didn't try the manual switch until now. If I turn it off, it
> looks like it works. I change to a different project and come back, the
> switch is on. I turned it off, then exited and saved. Came back in and it
> was on again.

Hmm, can't reproduce any of that.

Same question, do other changes to data take effect ?

Pent

DMagician

Jan 21, 2013, 9:12:21 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Auto Backups done by v1.3.4b2
restore to
new 4.0b2

Pent

Jan 21, 2013, 9:19:24 AM1/21/13
to Tasker
> Scott, is it just a Time context, or is there another context there
> too ?

Nevermind, could reproduce with a time set in future.

Pent

Pent

Jan 21, 2013, 9:20:30 AM1/21/13
to Tasker
> Auto Backups done by v1.3.4b2
> restore to
> new 4.0b2

Could you send me the backup file ?

/sdcard/Tasker/userbackup.xml

If it's got a lot of private info in it, we can go the log route.

Pent

DMagician

Jan 21, 2013, 9:23:33 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
No userbackup.xml, but AutoBackup, It'll take a while, the device is keep FCing, Up in a while. Sorry.

On Monday, January 21, 2013 4:20:30 PM UTC+2, Pent wrote:
> Auto Backups done by v1.3.4b2
> restore to
> new 4.0b2

Could you send me the backup file ?

/sdcard/Tasker/

Scott Miller

Jan 21, 2013, 9:23:50 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

The profile that I originally reported also has a variable set context. The repeating profile also has a power context. I also have several other "instant" time contexts, where I set start and end time 1 minute apart. These only have a time context, and also did not activate.

Scott

Pent

Jan 21, 2013, 9:26:40 AM1/21/13
to Tasker
> The profile that I originally reported also has a variable set context. The
> repeating profile also has a power context. I also have several other
> "instant" time contexts, where I set start and end time 1 minute apart.
> These only have a time context, and also did not activate.

Found the problem there, it also explained the Profile Status not
working which had been puzzling me.

Lots of other things will not be working for the same reason, will
push an update out later.

Pent

Scott Miller

Jan 21, 2013, 9:26:53 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Yes, other changes save. Interesting side note, I made a change to the enter task by adding a stop action, and I also changed the profile status and it saved also.

I just tried changing the status of that same profile again, without making any other changes, and now it does not save again.

Scott

DMagician

Jan 21, 2013, 9:38:22 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, tried uninstalling and reinstalling and all back to normal (look like.) I'll update later.

RudeboyX

Jan 21, 2013, 9:59:23 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I thought that may be the case. there are just too many things not working for them all to be issues you missed. One stone should hopefully take out multiple birds (I beleive the expression is something like that)

RBX

Pent

Jan 21, 2013, 10:19:47 AM1/21/13
to Tasker
> Yes, other changes save. Interesting side note, I made a change to the
> enter task by adding a stop action, and I also changed the profile status
> and it saved also.

I guess you're sliding the switch accross as opposed to clicking it ?

If so, problem probably solved, fixed for next time.

It's because the previous code was written for a button that you could
only click :-)

Pent

Doron Barzilay

Jan 21, 2013, 10:26:58 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Found what is causing FC:

Banalic as it seems, chaging "Costum Notification layout" is (so it looks like) causing Tasker to freeze and agter a while FC....

I've checked it and double checled it (modifying settings ONE NY ONE)...

RudeboyX

Jan 21, 2013, 11:02:04 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I've noticed there is some duplication of some icons in both light and dark style

i.e. the standard "Settings" icon
      the standard "GPS" icons
      the standard "Tick"& "Cross" icons
      the standard "Search" icon
      the standard "Help" icon
And a few others.

The duplicates do seem to be a little smaller is size.

No biggie, but you could maybe save some apk size or add some other icons in their place.

RBX

Scott Miller

Jan 21, 2013, 11:02:11 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Pent <sup...@apps.dinglisch.net> wrote:
I guess you're sliding the switch accross as opposed to clicking it ?

Yes, sliding. It didn't occur to me that there would be a difference. Sliding seemed like such a natural thing to do. Glad you found the trouble.

Pent

Jan 21, 2013, 11:32:59 AM1/21/13
to Tasker
> I've noticed there is some duplication of some icons in both light and dark
> style

> The duplicates do seem to be a little smaller is size.

Yes, they're needed for the action bar in the UI. Figured I may as
well make the smaller versions available to the user too.

Pent

Pent

Jan 21, 2013, 11:38:50 AM1/21/13
to Tasker
> Pent - I'm sure you know this but what is the light gray vertical line on
> the left of the ON/OFF slider for each profile? I think it's the separator.
> When you expand a profile the line slides down and sometimes overlaps the
> name of the tasks.

It's to indicate the drag margin. You can turn it off in UI
preferences. By default it's off.

Pent

Dan Precourt

Jan 21, 2013, 11:45:32 AM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I see that now, thanks. On the Galaxy Nexus it overlaps with the ON/OFF slider in portrait mode. Maybe it would be better to make its position dynamic, at least if the user has it positioned on the right, like a certain # of pixels to the left of the ON/OFF slider? Not sure how you'd handle it if the user has it positioned on the left.

UncleMike

Jan 21, 2013, 4:18:13 PM1/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

> making it hard to distinguish UI elements from the background.  In
> particular I'm thinking of the Variable Set dialog, where the field for the
> "to" value is the same color as the background, and there's no border.
>  Aside from the "to" line, there's no indication that there's a place to
> enter data.

Don't you have a blue line under text entry fields ?

In the light theme there is a light gray line below the field.

Vladimir Oz

Jan 22, 2013, 2:00:12 AM1/22/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
BTW, Next UI suggestion: reduce the profile switcher's size using " O | I " instead " OFF | ON "

Pent

Jan 22, 2013, 2:15:23 AM1/22/13
to Tasker
> In the light theme there is a light gray line below the field.

When you click it turns blue ?

Pent

Pent

Jan 22, 2013, 2:16:23 AM1/22/13
to Tasker
> BTW, Next UI suggestion: reduce the profile switcher's size using " O | I "
> instead " OFF | ON "

I read that one, it's too cryptic for non-techies and in any case does
not reduce the switch size (the relevant API to do that wasn't till
SDK version 16 and I'm targetting 14).

Pent

Pent

Jan 22, 2013, 9:03:32 AM1/22/13
to Tasker
> Calendar Entry always gives me error message: "Error: bad syntax in
> Calendar field." if I choose a Calendar (eg: gmail) instead of "*"

Can reproduce, thanks.

Pent