How To Default Profile ?

ptMAGANO

May 21, 2012, 8:39:35 AM5/21/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

i'm unable to create a rule to activate a profile when none of the others are active.

can anyone help please

Nikita Popov

May 21, 2012, 9:40:27 AM5/21/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
You can create  start-up profile with initial task (system reboot or tasker restart)

ptMAGANO

May 21, 2012, 1:33:13 PM5/21/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
ok

and how can i do to return to that profile when another one is disabled ? this is, when no other one is enabled

Brian

May 21, 2012, 10:37:55 PM5/21/12
to Tasker
say you have 3 profiles, one of which is the "default". You could add
a variable set when the other two profiles activate. Say... Variable
set defaultoff = 1. When either of those two profiles exit you could
either clear the defaultoff variable or set it to 0. Now... You could
set your default profile to activate when variable set = 0 or is
cleared. Does that make sense? I havent tried this myself but if I'm
not mistaken, this should work in theory.

Nikita Popov

May 21, 2012, 10:56:24 PM5/21/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
if default profile required for default state, then initial task can help ("When a setting is applied by the profile's Enter Task, its value is restored after the profile becomes inactive again."  http://tasker.dinglisch.net/userguide/en/settings.html)

if profile is changing not only the states (e.g. variable values) - Brian's solution will be better, but in case of 3 profiles I do so:

not default profile:
    enter task:
        set %NotDefaultCounter = 0 if  %NotDefaultCounter  isn't set
        add  %NotDefaultCounter  1
    exit task:
        substract  %NotDefaultCounter  1

default profile context:  %NotDefaultCounter  < 1

easiuser

May 22, 2012, 10:29:09 AM5/22/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
You could also set up a profile that monitors the %PACTIVE variable and set a Global variable to activate the default profile when desired.
I know everyone's situation is unique but I am having a little difficulty understanding the rational behind needing this feature.  I am not certian there is any instance where I don't have several profiles going on at any given time based on my location, time of day what I am doing,  ie Home, Office, Docked, Driving, in a meeting, etc.

TW

May 22, 2012, 2:57:06 PM5/22/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
when I first started using Tasker I came from a Nokia N95 where I had a profiles app which had a default profile.
That way I always had a default setting to go to.
At first I was looking to do this with Tasker but I quickly noticed how powerful and flexible Tasker was and dropped the default profile idea for a whole new world of Tasker coolness :)