Use tasker to store Call Log entries to Calendar

Hussain

Jun 10, 2011, 6:02:14 PM6/10/11
to Tasker
Hi guys,
I want to be able to write all my Daily Call Logs (Incoming/Outgoing/
Missed) to Calendar.
Right now, I'm using the help of a program called Call Log Manager Pro
(https://market.android.com/details?
id=com.appsbeyond.android.callhistoryplus&feature=search_result)
I'm using action intent to Call this Action
'com.appsbeyond.android.callhistoryplus.WriteToCalendarService'
However, when the task runs, nothing happens.
Can someone help me with a solution or at least provide another way I
can achieve this.
Thank you.

Pent

Jun 11, 2011, 5:36:57 AM6/11/11
to Tasker
You need to contact the developer to see what the intent needs to be
(data, extras etc).

Pent

p.s. there's a Calendar Insert action in Tasker, perhaps it doesn't
meet all your requirements though

Crew One

Jun 11, 2011, 5:27:58 PM6/11/11
to Tasker
There's an app for that :)

CallTrack

CodeMonkey

Jun 12, 2011, 4:50:40 AM6/12/11
to Tasker
Sms backup + (don't forget the +) has Tasker hooks already and can do
this as well as backing up sms & mms.

Hussain

Jun 12, 2011, 8:53:49 AM6/12/11
to Tasker
I've tried Call Track also, but it does not sync automatically to
Calendar. I have to manually run the app to sync. Thats why, I was
thinking if I could do it with tasker. Any ideas?

brandall

Jun 12, 2011, 5:51:39 PM6/12/11
to Tasker
Do you want to log each call to a corresponding call time in the
calendar, or a 'daily' log at say 10pm each night?

*think this might post twice*

benran...@yahoo.co.uk

Jun 12, 2011, 5:49:53 PM6/12/11
to Tasker
Do you want to log each call to the corresponding calendar time, or a
'daily' call log at say 10pm each night?

Hussain

Jun 14, 2011, 10:38:35 AM6/14/11
to Tasker
brendall, I need it to log each call time, but just save it once
daily. I also tried another app called 'Log2Calendar'. It logs to
calendar after each event but I found it draining my battery. Thats y
I need to use Tasker to initiate it once a day only. Please give ur
suggestions. Thank you.

brandall

Jun 14, 2011, 4:31:39 PM6/14/11
to Tasker
Please give ur suggestions. Thank you.

Being selfish, I don't have time to write this for you, but I can
certainly outline what I would do:

You have the states:
Incoming Call
Missed Call

You have the event:
Phone Offhook

You would need to use the above triggers to write whichever of the
following variables were updated to a text file:

Call Name / Number/ Date / Time (In) (dynamic, monitored)
%CNAME / %CNUM / %CDATE / %CTIME
Call Name / Number/ Date / Time / Duration (Out)(dynamic, monitored)
%CONAME / %CONUM / %CODATE / %COTIME / %CODUR

(detailed on this page http://tasker.dinglisch.net/userguide/en/variables.html)

I haven't tested, so I don't know if the variables 'aren't set' when a
call state isn't true - such as incoming call makes outgoing call
clear - or if they remain populated until the next call.

I'm sure you can see that %CTIME and %CODUR will differentiate between
incoming and outgoing for you. To find out which one of these has been
updated and therefore which other variables you write to a text file,
I would suggest setting %PREVIOUS-CTIME to %CTIME at the end of a
task, so next time a call is registered IF %CTIME =(matches) %PREVIOUS-
CTIME you would know that you need to write the %CODUR (outgoing)
variables to the text file - make sure they are appended.

You can set Tasker to zip the files up once a week and create a new
one, or if you definitely want it exported to your calendar, you would
'read paragraph' of the text file to a created variable of %CALL-LOG
and place that content into the calendar entry Tasker creates for you.

I hope the above made sense...? Any questions, happy to help.

UncleMike

Jun 20, 2011, 6:50:53 PM6/20/11
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I'm using CallTrack and it syncs automatically.  Have you checked the settings within the app, and the sync settings in Android and the Calendar app?