Problems with cell based profile

Hinton Chetwood

Aug 3, 2011, 2:40:50 PM8/3/11
to Tasker
Hi,
I use tasker on my X10 mini pro, but im sure i dont use it to its full
so im here to learn..

I am having a problem tho... I haev afew profiles based on cell ID to
set my location as being at home or at work or not at home and not at
work.

It turns my wife, data etc on or off dependat on where i am. In
general it works ok but occasionaly i haev a problem.

I use elixir for my home screens and have a button on the main screen
that shows if my WIFI is on or off and another to show connection
strenght. From time to time when the profile changes the status of my
WIFI between on/Off it freezes. I get a tine icon next to the button
that usually shows its workign and the WIFI turns off, but to turn it
back on i have to reset my phone, is it a problem between Tasker and
Elixir or is nmy phoen invivled somewhere???

Pent

Aug 4, 2011, 3:42:08 AM8/4/11
to Tasker

> I use elixir for my home screens and have a button on the main screen
> that shows if my WIFI is on or off and another to show connection
> strenght. From time to time when the profile changes the status of my
> WIFI between on/Off it freezes.

What freezes ?

> I get a tine icon next to the button
> that usually shows its workign and the WIFI turns off, but to turn it
> back on i have to reset my phone, is it a problem between Tasker and
> Elixir or is nmy phoen invivled somewhere???

Well try disabling Tasker and see if it still happens. If not, it's
probably an interaction. Do you do anything with wifi in Tasker ?

Pent

RhythMick

Aug 4, 2011, 4:43:36 AM8/4/11
to Tasker
I love the idea of a profile to turn your WIFE on when you're nearly
home. Can you send me the details please?

:-}

Pent

Aug 4, 2011, 5:51:52 AM8/4/11
to Tasker
> I love the idea of a profile to turn your WIFE on when you're nearly
> home.  Can you send me the details please?

Missed that one :-)

I'd be happy to settle for an IR remote if automation is not
possible :-)

Pent

Mickets

Aug 5, 2011, 12:24:38 PM8/5/11
to Tasker
I was thinking just the same - ha, ha...