Silent Mode on ICS

Piotr

May 7, 2012, 5:18:02 PM5/7/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I've got "Night" profile, that turns silent mode on after 10PM. It works well on GB, but when I switched to ICS, it seems, that Tasker can't automatically switch it on after that hour.
When I did some testing, it turned out, that when i press "Play" button in Task Edit mode - it works.

What can be wrong? Can it be a bug?
I'm using HTC Desire with MIUI ICS from miui-au.com.

(sum up: tasker does not switch on silent mode after specified hour, but it does when I manually test the task in Edit mode)

Regards,
Piotr

Pent

May 8, 2012, 2:13:33 AM5/8/12
to Tasker
Do you have anything else that changes Notification or Ringer volume ?

Pent

Piotr

May 8, 2012, 4:52:06 AM5/8/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
No, night profile has only Silent mode on, auto brightness off and display brightness=0.

Pent

May 8, 2012, 5:31:48 AM5/8/12
to Tasker
Could you look at Menu / More / Run Log and see if the profile is
activating and successfully running the task at the expected time ?

Thanks,

Pent

Piotr

May 9, 2012, 5:37:53 AM5/9/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com

It seems, that today silent mode worked, but tasker did not turn it off at morning (I'll try to change "day" profile to set ringer only)

Funfun

May 31, 2012, 2:12:07 AM5/31/12
to Tasker
Any success on this one? My tasker no longer sets silent mode after
ics upgrade. It appears ringer / notification volume isn't changing
either. Is it happening to anyone else? Thanks.

Piotr

May 31, 2012, 9:07:02 AM5/31/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
It works randomly for me. I also noticed, that AlarmDroid successfully disables silent mode and wakes me up (then, switches silent On).
I don't know if it is related, but I've temporary removed Alarm Droid.

Pent

May 31, 2012, 9:20:11 AM5/31/12
to Tasker
Does it work if you do Menu / More / Run An Action.

If so, enable the Run Log and when it goes off check in the Run Log if
Tasker was doing anything at the time.

Pent

Piotr

May 31, 2012, 10:49:10 AM5/31/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
For me, log always showed OK next to runned action, as well, as Running manually.

Pent

May 31, 2012, 12:28:50 PM5/31/12
to Tasker
> For me, log always showed OK next to runned action, as well, as Running
> manually.

But does the setting change ?

Pent

Funfun

May 31, 2012, 8:30:07 PM5/31/12
to Tasker
I'm running stock (leaked) ics, strangely even run action would not
work for audio. The native profile widget works fine. Any idea beside
changing the rom? Thank you... ;)

Pent

Jun 1, 2012, 3:40:24 AM6/1/12
to Tasker
> I'm running stock (leaked) ics, strangely even run action would not
> work for audio. The native profile widget works fine. Any idea beside
> changing the rom? Thank you... ;)

Besides changing the ROM ?

Try a Tasker reinstall, sometimes Android messes up an install for
unknown reasons.

Pent