ignoring new task, 10 tasks currently queued

Cody

Aug 5, 2010, 3:53:13 PM8/5/10
to Tasker
I am new to Tasker and I apologize if this is a basic, silly
question. It doesn't appear that I can get any of my tasks to work.
I keep getting the following error message:

"ignoring new task, 10 tasks currently queued"

A) What am I doing wrong?
B) Is there a way to "clear the tasks?"

I appreciate any suggestions or thoughts you can provide.

Thanks!
Cody

Cody

Aug 5, 2010, 5:02:18 PM8/5/10
to Tasker
Actually ... I was able to force kill/close Tasker and then restart
it. Looks like that might have done the trick. Although it would be
nice to know what did it in the first place. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Pent

Aug 6, 2010, 7:17:47 AM8/6/10
to Tasker
Hi Cody,

this will usually only happen if you're running a task with a Wait in
it or a loop, I guess you're not if you've just
started. Let me know if it keeps coming up please.

Pent

p.s. might also happen on pirated versions!

Pete Scott

Aug 6, 2010, 8:25:38 AM8/6/10
to Tasker
Really? It doesn't happen on MY pirated version. *shrug*

=]

Pent

Aug 6, 2010, 8:45:44 AM8/6/10
to Tasker
<does his infamous Daggers of Death stare>

Pent

Pete Scott

Aug 6, 2010, 8:53:46 AM8/6/10
to Tasker
Ow! Quit it! It burns!

disaster.ita

Sep 3, 2010, 3:49:03 AM9/3/10
to Tasker
Same problem here.

Yesterday my virtual pendulum clock didn't play.

Trying to test some task and I get the message "ignoring new task, 10
tasks currently queued".

I can't stop tasker, I had to kill him.

Restarted, all ok.

I have only a wait task for 15 seconds on my virtual pendulum clock,
but it works well from 15 days

Pent

Sep 3, 2010, 5:38:37 AM9/3/10
to Tasker
> Yesterday my virtual pendulum clock didn't play.
>
> Trying to test some task and I get the message "ignoring new task, 10
> tasks currently queued".
>
> I can't stop tasker, I had to kill him.

The Kill button in Tasks didn't work ?

> Restarted, all ok.
>
> I have only a wait task for 15 seconds on my virtual pendulum clock,
> but it works well from 15 days

It's not necessarily that task which is causing the problem, the queue
might
be full of other task(s).

Could you send me a log if it happens again ?

Thanks,

Pent

disaster.ita

Sep 3, 2010, 6:27:21 AM9/3/10
to Tasker
> The Kill button in Tasks didn't work ?

I explained wrong. I have tried to stop the tasker service (on/off
button), but it doesn't work, waiting waiting with focus activated on
button. Then I have killed Tasker.
The task doesn't start for the error in object.

> It's not necessarily that task which is causing the problem, the queue
> might be full of other task(s).

ok, I refer to previous posts.

> Could you send me a log if it happens again ?
Sure

> Thanks,
to you, one of the best of Tasker is your attention to us, bravo!

disaster.ita

Sep 6, 2010, 11:44:14 AM9/6/10
to Tasker
Hi Pent!

I think that this problem is linked with my attempts to rec a call.

It is highly possible that I am wrong. Perhaps wrong trigger. I don't
understand.
Now I start recording on "phone offhook" event and stop on "phone
idle". But seem that the first time all is ok and the second (and
after) tasker cannot access the file to rec. This is because I could
not hear nothing. However you are right, the volume of recording is
very very low.

After some attempts "ignoring new task, 10 tasks currently queued"
appears.

I have the log. Tell me if you want and you desire to see them, else
there is no problem.

Pent

Sep 6, 2010, 11:51:08 AM9/6/10
to Tasker
Glad it seems tied to that action.

> I have the log. Tell me if you want and you desire to see them, else
> there is no problem.

Yes please, send it along.

Pent

Avi

Mar 6, 2013, 4:38:59 AM3/6/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I am having the same issue.
I have many tasks with "wait" in them, and I have not idea how to start debugging it.
Can you please tell me where the log is located so I can try starting from there?

Thank you.

GermainZ

Mar 6, 2013, 5:13:26 AM3/6/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
To view it from Tasker (and enable/disable it):
Menu > More > Run Log

If you want to view the file, it's on the SD Card, in the Tasker folder.