Tasker not recognizing Pushbullet notifications

Lukas Leinfelder

Feb 25, 2014, 5:45:46 PM2/25/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Tasker doesn't recognize new notifications from Pushbullet. Other applications seem to work fine though.

Handy Trisakti

Feb 25, 2014, 6:33:02 PM2/25/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
(following this discussion, so i get the updates on this)..
I also tried to find a way to get Tasker to talk to Pushbullet, viceversa..

Sean Williams

Feb 25, 2014, 9:23:04 PM2/25/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately it seems Pushbullet has no plugin support for event or state.

I guess the chat is kind of one way. Hopefully the devs will sort this out sometime soon, they seem to be on a roll atm.

Also channel support like AutoRemote would be good too!

Sean

Lukas Leinfelder

Feb 26, 2014, 2:43:26 AM2/26/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Well, with the latest update it has Tasker support - kind of.
You can now send notifications through Tasker.

The problem I have seems like a bug in the Tasker side. I have a 'new notification' event, but it doesn't trigger with new Pushbullet notifications.

Drew Singer

Mar 3, 2014, 10:07:14 AM3/3/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com

I'm posting because I ran into the same problem and want to get notifications if a solution is found. Just to actually add some substance to the discussion, I also found that with Pushbullets notification intercept enabled it completely blocks the ability for tasker to detect notifications from other apps.

Lukas Leinfelder

Mar 7, 2014, 5:33:50 AM3/7/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I now uninstalled Pushbullet completely and Tasker doesn't recognize ANY new notification anymore. Seems like Tasker's notification listener is completely broken now... :(

Brivs Mekis

Mar 7, 2014, 8:51:23 AM3/7/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
you can use autonotification to intercept any notification if you are on android 4.3 and above I believe.
works fine here on 4.4.2 for pushbullet

pushbullet also recently added tasker support iirc

Lukas Leinfelder

Mar 7, 2014, 12:24:55 PM3/7/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Well, the added Tasker support just adds the ability to send pushbullet notifications.
Tasker should already natively be able to listen for new notifications, but that doesn't work for me anymore.
Ergo it's a bug in Tasker. But nobody seems to really care about that...

Drew Singer

Mar 7, 2014, 12:33:18 PM3/7/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Do you have the accessibility options enabled? That's required for notification listening to work for tasker I believe

Lukas Leinfelder

Mar 7, 2014, 12:35:24 PM3/7/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yep, it used to work but since I had pushbullet installed it doesn't work anymore.

Drew Singer

Mar 7, 2014, 12:39:23 PM3/7/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Try disabling the notification listener for Pushbullet that worked for me to get it working again. If not uninstall pushbullet and reinstall it without the notification listening.

Lukas Leinfelder

Mar 7, 2014, 12:42:12 PM3/7/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I actually completely uninstalled pushbullet, but that didn't solve the problem.

Scott Jilek

Mar 21, 2014, 8:21:43 AM3/21/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Same issue here, Pushbullet notifications not recognizing correctly, other apps work ok.

0s0ft

Apr 19, 2014, 11:31:40 PM4/19/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
try this plugin https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.zalio.android.tasker.notification
it uses a different way to detect notifications, but it only works on android 4.3+

Christoph Michelbach

Jun 23, 2014, 8:38:50 PM6/23/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
In my case it works with Pushbullet but it doesn't with Ingress.

Pent

Jun 24, 2014, 2:10:55 AM6/24/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Use the Pushbullet event plugin.