Tasker disappeared from search results Google Play?

Сергей Меркулов

Jul 31, 2014, 5:52:10 AM7/31/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Searching for "tasker" string in google play does not include tasker itself, first app is tasker app factory ( https://play.google.com/store/search?q=tasker&c=apps&hl=en )

I could get to app's page only via direct link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en that I got from google search.

What's wrong with it?

Pent

Jul 31, 2014, 7:29:49 AM7/31/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Probably because I decided a couple of days ago not to sell it within Russia.

Pent

Brandon Horwath

Jul 31, 2014, 8:09:40 AM7/31/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I decided a couple of days ago not to sell it within Russia.

Pent

Might I inquire what prompted the decision?

I am curious if the basis for the decision should apply to distributed kid apps. (Should tasker users publishing kid apps refrain from distributing to Russia also? ie. compatibility issues or something)

Сергей Меркулов

Jul 31, 2014, 8:11:03 AM7/31/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for reply, that explains it.

Pent

Jul 31, 2014, 9:01:10 AM7/31/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Might I inquire what prompted the decision?

I wanted to do my (admittedly small) bit to indicate to the population the consequences of political isolationism
while there's still a window for the population to influence the leadership.

I live relatively close to Russia :-)

I am curious if the basis for the decision should apply to distributed kid apps.

No, that's nothing to do with me.

Pent
Message has been deleted
This conversation is locked