Invoke a task from command-line and pass variable(s) and/or data to it

name_off

Jan 1, 2016, 7:56:11 PM1/1/16
to Tasker
Hello everyone!

Is this possible using command-line at the same time:
  • invoke a task
  • pass variable(s) and/or data to that task
Per FAQ, I can invoke a task like this:

However, I'm looking to do more than just invoking the task. I want to send variables as extras to the task. Please check this question: Sending a variable value to a Tasker's task using command-line and a method to receive it in task. I've mentioned in detail what I've attempted so far and where did I fail.

I'm aware that I can use an Event profile to listen to that broadcast and fetch data and/or extras from it, but I'm hoping to not consider this workaround since it requires me to setup a separate profile.

Thank you

Pent

Jan 4, 2016, 3:56:52 AM1/4/16
to Tasker
You would have to be able to add a StringArrayList extra to the adb call with -e, don't know if adb can do that.

If so, to see the format you can look TaskerIntent.java http://tasker.dinglisch.net/code/TaskerIntent.java,
the function addLocalVariable, if you understand java.

Pent