The Cookie Thief

Nobody in Particular

Nov 13, 2012, 11:56:51 PM11/13/12
The Cookie Thief
A woman was waiting at an airport one night, with several long hours before
her flight. She hunted for a book in the airport shops, bought a bag of
cookies and found a place to drop.

She was engrossed in her book but happened to see, that the man sitting
beside her, as bold as could be. . .grabbed a cookie or two from the bag in
between, which she tried to ignore to avoid a scene.

So she munched the cookies and watched the clock, as the gutsy cookie thief
diminished her stock. She was getting more irritated as the minutes ticked
by, thinking, “If I wasn’t so nice, I would blacken his eye.”

With each cookie she took, he took one too, when only one was left, she
wondered what he would do. With a smile on his face, and a nervous laugh, he
took the last cookie and broke it in half.

He offered her half, as he ate the other, she snatched it from him and
thought… oooh, brother. This guy has some nerve and he’s also rude, why he
didn’t even show any gratitude!

She had never known when she had been so galled, and sighed with relief when
her flight was called. She gathered her belongings and headed to the gate,
refusing to look back at the thieving ingrate.

She boarded the plane, and sank in her seat, then she sought her book, which
was almost complete. As she reached in her baggage, she gasped with
surprise, there was her bag of cookies, in front of her eyes.

If mine are here, she moaned in despair, the others were his, and he tried
to share. Too late to apologize, she realized with grief, that she was the
rude one, the ingrate, the thief.

By Valerie Cox in “A Matter of Perspective”

pi

Nov 14, 2012, 1:25:10 PM11/14/12
Were the cookies pi flavour? :)

Albion

Nov 14, 2012, 2:34:07 PM11/14/12
There was an old man with a look of despair, who with every thought would stop breathing air.

As he sat by a train stop with his fat ass aflop, he gazed at the rails and felt he would drop.

But just right then with his head full of shit, there alighted a flea on his bold head a bit.

He shook and he sputtered and gave a loud huff, when the train passed by and gave him a puff.

"The air! the air!" the old fart declared, "If it weren't for the air I'd me train with the fare!"

Then the flea buzzed around his bewildered bold head, while he sat in a stew and pondered with dread.

Then one thought and another gave wrought, that if it weren't for the flea his fair train he'd have bought.

With his hand he went after the flea with a bent, but the flea got away and left his breathing well spent.

The moral of this story you'll never know, unless with broad mind and pure heart ye sow:
If with breath you don't think, and with thought you don't breath, you'll miss the fair train and fuck up your brain!

By me in just the past 5 to 10 minutes.

Tsukino Usagi

Nov 14, 2012, 11:01:25 PM11/14/12
On 14/11/2012 1:56 PM, Nobody in Particular wrote:
> ...she gasped with surprise...
> ...she moaned in despair...
> Too late to apologize, she realized with grief, that she
> was the rude one, the ingrate, the thief.

I'm honestly puzzled, Bill, how you can keep posting stuff in this vein
but never seem to get over it.

brant...@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2016, 4:32:19 AM11/16/16
How has no one pointed out that this is a rip off of "Cookies" by Douglas Adams... he's super well known... I don't know who this Valerie Cox woman thinks she's fooling...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theoldvillage.wordpress.com/2004/01/28/douglas-adams-shares-a-true-story/amp/?client=ms-android-verizon