Ken Starr's "Monica Report" Will Set The Standard For Political Discourse

where_was_george ?

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
Starr's report is expected to be posted on the Internet by Friday, and
possibly as early as today.

Call me cynical, but I expect this government created and taxpayer
funded report will be salacious and no doubt judgemental, as though
its authors were expecting the report and its contents to be made
public, "for the children".

The media has spurned the 'Melonhead spits seed' story on the grounds
that it isn't "newsworthy".

I disagree. The media made "I have sinned" a part of the popular
culture solely because they found the story of a self-righteous
moralist to be "newsworthy".

If the adultery of a TV preacher and his public apology is so
important that archival news clips still pop up from time to time, why
then is the adultery of a self-righteous moralist with the power to
write legislation none of our business ?

Especially when that legislation is heavily influenced by a political
entity, the Christian Coalition, that claims that their morality
should be codified for all to follow.

Have the Southern Baptists or the Christian Coalition called for
political or religious sanctions against Burton ?

I intend to follow the lead of the Congress and the lead of the Office
of Independent Counsel in my future posts and in what I post on my web
page.

It would be foolish not to. Already, Republicans are spreading
rumors that Burton was targeted by the Clinton White House, even
though the Indiana paper that broke the story has publicly denied any
collusion, going so far as to describe themselves as a mostly
"Republican" newspaper.

Future responses by Clinton supporters will be used as "proof" that
Clinton is attempting to smear those standing in judgement of him.

I say screw 'em.

Ken Starr was hired to look into Whitewater, the death of Vince
Foster, Filegate, Travelgate and has focused only on morality issues
related to sex.

So let us occupy ourselves then with sex.

Chenowith is a whore, Burton is an adulterer, titty lickin' Bob Barr
is a pervert, Ronnie and Nancy had pre-marital sex after Ronnie ended
his previous marriage to pursue politics, Gingrich has had sexual
relations with his staffers, Phil Gramm financed the production of a
porn movie, Dick Armey tried to date his students against their will.

The new moral standard that Republicans have forced on us is one in
which sex occurs only between a married man and woman, and only to
produce children.

It must follow then, that any Republican officeholder who doesn't meet
that standard must be drummed out of office.

It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.

Not a Republican

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
where_was_george ? wrote in message <35f81bc5...@news.swbell.net>...

Now, we have to understand that this diatribe is written by someone who sees
his(?) future going down the tubes with the political future of the poster
boy of his agenda. With that in mind, we'll have to be gentle.

>Starr's report is expected to be posted on the Internet by Friday, and
>possibly as early as today.
>
>Call me cynical, but I expect this government created and taxpayer
>funded report will be salacious and no doubt judgemental, as though
>its authors were expecting the report and its contents to be made
>public, "for the children".
>
>The media has spurned the 'Melonhead spits seed' story on the grounds
>that it isn't "newsworthy".

They've closed the books on the story, because Rep. Burton's candor has made
it a closed issue. Would you rather that Mr. Burton had lied and dissembled
like the Phirst Philanderer?

--
The Big Tent with no pole just won't stand. And that's why I'm Not a
Republican.

Phil Weingart

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
In article <35f81bc5...@news.swbell.net>
savi...@swbell.net (where_was_george ?) wrote:

> Ken Starr was hired to look into Whitewater, the death of Vince
> Foster, Filegate, Travelgate and has focused only on morality issues
> related to sex.
>
> So let us occupy ourselves then with sex.

Starr was authorized to investigate everything he investigated. His
investigation focused on sex only inasmuch as it was required to
substanciate charges of obstruction of justice and perjury.

You, on the other hand, having first condemned Starr for investigating
sex (incorrectly), now resort to the same. This means that your
condemnation was unjustified in the first place, because you
clearly don't think investigating sex is wrong. Either that, or
you don't have any conscience. Either way, you're a hypocrite,
unlike Starr, who is doing his job.

There's something about Liberalism that brings out the mean-
spiritedness of folks.

--
Phil Weingart | "Of course. I have lunch with arms dealers
pwei...@dazel.com | all the time. Don't you?"
| Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan, when asked
| whether the campaign finance activities
| of the White House weren't just "politics
| as usual."

Jeffrey E, Salzberg

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
In article <6t9sfs$o...@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>,
wm...@worldnet.att.net says...

> And why would a story about something that occurred 18 years ago all of a
> sudden become so newsworthy?

I dunno; why ARE the Clinton-haters so fascinated with
Whitewater?

--
Jeff Salzberg

If G-d had intended for people to vote, He'd have given
us hands.

Real (ha! is *anything* real?) Email Address: replace
"killspam" with "salzberg"

http://www.flash.net/~salzberg

Bill Mechlenburg

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bill Mechlenburg
wm...@worldnet.att.net
For discussion of Education, Political & Tax Reform
http://home.att.net/~wmech

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>It would be foolish not to. Already, Republicans are spreading
>rumors that Burton was targeted by the Clinton White House, even
>though the Indiana paper that broke the story has publicly denied any
>collusion, going so far as to describe themselves as a mostly
>"Republican" newspaper.

And why would a story about something that occurred 18 years ago all of a
sudden become so newsworthy?

>Future responses by Clinton supporters will be used as "proof" that
>Clinton is attempting to smear those standing in judgement of him.

It's quit obvious he has.
>I say screw 'em.

>Ken Starr was hired to look into Whitewater, the death of Vince
>Foster, Filegate, Travelgate and has focused only on morality issues
>related to sex.

Yes, and Starr obtained 19 indictments and 14 convictions plus uncovered the
twadry Lewinsky affair and Clintons mendacious abuse of power.

>So let us occupy ourselves then with sex.
>

>Chenowith is a whore, Burton is an adulterer, titty lickin' Bob Barr
>is a pervert, Ronnie and Nancy had pre-marital sex after Ronnie ended
>his previous marriage to pursue politics, Gingrich has had sexual
>relations with his staffers, Phil Gramm financed the production of a
>porn movie, Dick Armey tried to date his students against their will.

Still trying to divert attention from the real issues eh?

>The new moral standard that Republicans have forced on us is one in
>which sex occurs only between a married man and woman, and only to
>produce children.
>
>It must follow then, that any Republican officeholder who doesn't meet
>that standard must be drummed out of office.
>
>It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.

You don't even believe this drivel yourself!

Mader Afac

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98

Phil Weingart wrote in message <35f86...@news1.ibm.net>...

>In article <35f81bc5...@news.swbell.net>
>savi...@swbell.net (where_was_george ?) wrote:
>
>> Ken Starr was hired to look into Whitewater, the death of Vince
>> Foster, Filegate, Travelgate and has focused only on morality issues
>> related to sex.
>>
>> So let us occupy ourselves then with sex.
>
>Starr was authorized to investigate everything he investigated. His
>investigation focused on sex only inasmuch as it was required to
>substanciate charges of obstruction of justice and perjury.
>
>You, on the other hand, having first condemned Starr for investigating
>sex (incorrectly), now resort to the same. This means that your
>condemnation was unjustified in the first place, because you
>clearly don't think investigating sex is wrong. Either that, or
>you don't have any conscience. Either way, you're a hypocrite,
>unlike Starr, who is doing his job.
>
>There's something about Liberalism that brings out the mean-
>spiritedness of folks.
>
>--
>Phil Weingart | "Of course. I have lunch with arms dealers
>pwei...@dazel.com | all the time. Don't you?"
> | Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan, when asked
> | whether the campaign finance activities
> | of the White House weren't just "politics
> | as usual."

What seems to be really funny is the fact that just about every Democrat in
Washington said that Starr was the most ethical, honorable, respected and
fair person possible to handle the Packwood case. Either Starr is a magician
to be able to make a 180 degree change so rapidly or all of those Democrats
are just phonies in addition to being;

Deadbeat Dads, Morphine Moms,
Rapists, Murderers, Sex Perverts
and other Democrats. All working
for your future!

Mader Afac RPE BSE
Executive Director LETA

Raptor

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
Phil Weingart wrote:

> In article <35f81bc5...@news.swbell.net>
> savi...@swbell.net (where_was_george ?) wrote:
>
> > Ken Starr was hired to look into Whitewater, the death of Vince
> > Foster, Filegate, Travelgate and has focused only on morality issues
> > related to sex.
> >
> > So let us occupy ourselves then with sex.
>
> Starr was authorized to investigate everything he investigated. His
> investigation focused on sex only inasmuch as it was required to
> substanciate charges of obstruction of justice and perjury.

And his report focuses only on sex inasmuch as it is required to
substantiate charges of obstruction of justice and perjury.

Yeah right. The focus of discussion today on talk radio and CNN appears
to be sex, not obstruction of justice, not perjury.

> You, on the other hand, having first condemned Starr for investigating
> sex (incorrectly), now resort to the same. This means that your
> condemnation was unjustified in the first place, because you
> clearly don't think investigating sex is wrong. Either that, or
> you don't have any conscience. Either way, you're a hypocrite,
> unlike Starr, who is doing his job.

Starr was investigating sex. You admit it yourself above.

> There's something about Liberalism that brings out the mean-
> spiritedness of folks.

Pot. Kettle. Black.
--
Lynn Wallace
http://www.xmission.com/~lawall

Where_Was_George ?

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
On Thu, 10 Sep 1998 17:18:30 -0400, "Not a Republican"
<forg...@nospam.com> wrote:

>where_was_george ? wrote in message <35f81bc5...@news.swbell.net>...
>
>Now, we have to understand that this diatribe is written by someone who sees
>his(?) future going down the tubes with the political future of the poster
>boy of his agenda. With that in mind, we'll have to be gentle.
>
>>Starr's report is expected to be posted on the Internet by Friday, and
>>possibly as early as today.
>>
>>Call me cynical, but I expect this government created and taxpayer
>>funded report will be salacious and no doubt judgemental, as though
>>its authors were expecting the report and its contents to be made
>>public, "for the children".
>>
>>The media has spurned the 'Melonhead spits seed' story on the grounds
>>that it isn't "newsworthy".

>They've closed the books on the story, because Rep. Burton's candor has made
>it a closed issue.

I'm still seeing echos of the Melonhead story. He's one of the
Kristian right wingers who want to legislate their way into our
private lives.

Danny Quayle sure has been quiet about the Melonhead thing, hasn't he
?

After Clinton's speech, he made it a point to moralize and ramble on
about character.

> Would you rather that Mr. Burton had lied and dissembled
>like the Phirst Philanderer?

And then there was the time Gingrich slandered Democrats by claiming
that Susan Smith's murder of her children was a reflection of
Democratic morality.

Then the press found out her father was a county Republican bigwig,
and that he had molested her.

The new motto for Indiana is: The Hoosier Dad? state.

--
"You build homes, and my dad jumps out of airplanes"
--George W. Bush (to Jimmy Carter)--

http://www.compassionate.org/sbldf/html/nuke_route.html

Where_Was_George ?

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
On 10 Sep 1998 23:40:12 GMT, pwei...@dazel.com (Phil Weingart) wrote:

>In article <35f81bc5...@news.swbell.net>
>savi...@swbell.net (where_was_george ?) wrote:
>
>> Ken Starr was hired to look into Whitewater, the death of Vince
>> Foster, Filegate, Travelgate and has focused only on morality issues
>> related to sex.
>>
>> So let us occupy ourselves then with sex.

>Starr was authorized to investigate everything he investigated. His
>investigation focused on sex only inasmuch as it was required to
>substanciate charges of obstruction of justice and perjury.

>You, on the other hand, having first condemned Starr for investigating

>sex (incorrectly), now resort to the same. This means that your
>condemnation was unjustified in the first place, because you
>clearly don't think investigating sex is wrong. Either that, or
>you don't have any conscience. Either way, you're a hypocrite,
>unlike Starr, who is doing his job.
>

>There's something about Liberalism that brings out the mean-
>spiritedness of folks.
>

>--
>Phil Weingart | "Of course. I have lunch with arms dealers
>pwei...@dazel.com | all the time. Don't you?"
> | Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan, when asked
> | whether the campaign finance activities
> | of the White House weren't just "politics
> | as usual."

Starr was panty sniffing during his Whitewater investigation. He had
found no evidence of wrongdoing so he began looking for a way to smear
the Clintons, long before Monica Lewinsky became an issue:

Yahoo News

Wednesday June 25 1997 6:40 PM EDT
Clinton Lawyer Says Adultery Probe Off Base
By Steve Holland
WASHINGTON (Reuter) - President Clinton's lawyers and Democratic
supporters poured vitriol on Whitewater prosecutor Kenneth Starr
Wednesday for reportedly investigating Clinton's alleged extramarital
affairs.
"It is intolerable, and it is wrong," said Clinton's private
Whitewater attorney, David Kendall.
Their ire was raised by a Washington Post report that FBI agents and
prosecutors working for Starr questioned Arkansas state troopers
recently about their knowledge of extramarital relationships Clinton
may have had while he was governor.
The disclosure, which was not denied by Starr's office, was the talk
of the town. It marked the latest exchange of blows between the
independent prosecutor and Clinton, whose backers consider Starr a
biased conservative who is resorting to mud-slinging because he does
not have sufficient evidence for a Whitewater prosecution.
Kendall said in a statement that if true the report was "indicative of
an investigation that has lost its way."
"It is out of control," he said. "No one's personal life should be
subjected to a desperate dragnet by a prosecutor with unlimited
resources. No amount of pious rationalization can justify such
conduct."
Robert Bennett, who represents Clinton in the Paula Jones sexual
harassment case, said: "For the independent counsel to pry into Mr.
Clinton's sex life is a frightening abuse of the grand jury process
and the law enforcement power."
But Sen. Orrin Hatch, a Republican from Utah, said Starr was within
the bounds of his investigation to delve into Clinton's personal life.
"It's very legitimate to ask those questions although everyone's
uncomfortable with that," Hatch said. "This is kind of a discovery
phase ... It's uncomfortable, but yes, they have the right to do that
... because it might relate to perjury or obstruction."
The disclosure came just two days after the Supreme Court ruled the
White House must turn over to Starr notes from conversations Hillary
Rodham Clinton had with White House lawyers after her 1996 grand jury
appearance and after the 1993 suicide of deputy White House counsel
Vincent Foster.
Sen. John Kerry, a Massachusetts Democrat, said he believed Starr's
independence was seriously in question. "I think it is inappropriate
to be asking questions of personal past sexual history of any kind,"
he said.
Clinton did not respond when reporters tried to shout a question at
him above the roar of a helicopter that started him on a trip to
Nashville, Tennessee, where he attended a conference on family values.
"We're not taking any position but it's easy to understand why people
would find this curious," said White House spokesman Mike McCurry.
Theodore Olson, a legal counsel for Republican President Ronald
Reagan, said Starr may have some justification, that an informant
might have given him a tip that had to be checked.
"It could be that someone said that under these circumstances he
(Clinton) loosens up and says things that might provide information,"
Olson said by phone.
The Post story said Starr's investigators asked Arkansas state
troopers who had served on the governor's personal security detail
about Clinton's personal life. Trooper Roger Perry told the Post:
"They asked me if I had ever seen Bill Clinton perform a sexual act.
The answer is no."
The troopers said investigators asked about 12 to 15 women by name,
including Gennifer Flowers, the former cabaret singer who claimed she
had a long affair with Clinton, and Jones, the former Arkansas state
employee who claims Governor Clinton asked her for oral sex in 1991.
Another woman investigators asked about was Susan McDougal, who has
been in jail for months on a contempt of court charge for refusing to
answer Starr's questions about whether Clinton knew about a $300,000
Whitewater-related loan.
The Post said Perry told investigators he and other troopers either
took Clinton or provided vehicles to drive him to clandestine meetings
with "seven or eight" women on the prosecutors' list when his wife was
out of town or asleep.
Starr's prosecutors until now had steered clear of asking about
Clinton's personal life in the investigation into the Whitewater
investment deal in Arkansas. The Post said the objective was to find
out if Clinton's pillow talk provided confidential information about
Whitewater.
Asked for comment, Starr spokeswoman Debbie Gershman pointed to a
statement from deputy Whitewater counsel John Bates to the Post: "We
are continuing to gather relevant facts from whatever witnesses, male
or female, who may be available. Our obligation is to acquire
information from friends, business associates or other acquaintances
or confidants."

Where_Was_George ?

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
On 11 Sep 1998 00:56:28 GMT, "Bill Mechlenburg"
<wm...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Bill Mechlenburg
>wm...@worldnet.att.net
>For discussion of Education, Political & Tax Reform
>http://home.att.net/~wmech
>
>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

>>It would be foolish not to. Already, Republicans are spreading
>>rumors that Burton was targeted by the Clinton White House, even
>>though the Indiana paper that broke the story has publicly denied any
>>collusion, going so far as to describe themselves as a mostly
>>"Republican" newspaper.
>
>And why would a story about something that occurred 18 years ago all of a
>sudden become so newsworthy?

Because the moral hysteria created by the Republican party has made
such recollections valuable on the free market.

Melonhead also represents the window peekers of the Republican party,
those people who would use the law to place themselves in the position
to dictate their version of morality to the rest of us.

>>Future responses by Clinton supporters will be used as "proof" that
>>Clinton is attempting to smear those standing in judgement of him.
>
>It's quit obvious he has.

Do you have something to substantiate this conclusion, or are you just
resorting to knee-jerk smears ?

Melonhead's concubine broke the story about him, and the Idaho press
broke the story about Chenowethinsky.

She stood on the high moral ground and claimed that she was without
sin.

>>I say screw 'em.
>>

>>Ken Starr was hired to look into Whitewater, the death of Vince
>>Foster, Filegate, Travelgate and has focused only on morality issues
>>related to sex.

>Yes, and Starr obtained 19 indictments and 14 convictions plus uncovered the
>twadry Lewinsky affair and Clintons mendacious abuse of power.

Indictments don't mean shit if there isn't a conviction behind it. Of
those 14 convictions, none of them were directly related to
Whitewater, the Clintons or their investments.

And none of the crimes that led to those conviction would, by
themselves, trigger an independent counsel investigation.

Looks like just more big government and duplication of services.

>>So let us occupy ourselves then with sex.
>>

>>Chenowith is a whore, Burton is an adulterer, titty lickin' Bob Barr
>>is a pervert, Ronnie and Nancy had pre-marital sex after Ronnie ended
>>his previous marriage to pursue politics, Gingrich has had sexual
>>relations with his staffers, Phil Gramm financed the production of a
>>porn movie, Dick Armey tried to date his students against their will.
>
>Still trying to divert attention from the real issues eh?

The *real* issues of healthcare, tobacco legislation, campaign finance
reform, the accuracy of the census, and the attack on overtime pay by
Republicans, those issues ?

>>The new moral standard that Republicans have forced on us is one in
>>which sex occurs only between a married man and woman, and only to
>>produce children.

>>It must follow then, that any Republican officeholder who doesn't meet
>>that standard must be drummed out of office.

>>It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.
>You don't even believe this drivel yourself!

It is the drivel of the right wing.

Don't you believe it either ?

Why should I ?

--
"Anything we can assist for winning the control of the Senate, the
House and the White House will be a pleasure and honor for us." --

Jeffrey E, Salzberg

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98
In article <35f86...@news1.ibm.net>, pwei...@dazel.com
says...

> Starr was authorized to investigate everything he investigated. His
> investigation focused on sex only inasmuch as it was required to
> substanciate charges of obstruction of justice and perjury

Well, that and the fact that it was the only thing he
could pin on Clinton -- and "getting" Clinton is the
overriding force governing the Clinton-haters' lives.

where_wa...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/17/98
In article <6tbbdf$agl$6...@news12.ispnews.com>,

"Mader Afac" <ma...@wcnet.net> wrote:

> Phil Weingart wrote in message <35f86...@news1.ibm.net>...
> >In article <35f81bc5...@news.swbell.net>
> >savi...@swbell.net (where_was_george ?) wrote:
> >
> >> Ken Starr was hired to look into Whitewater, the death of Vince
> >> Foster, Filegate, Travelgate and has focused only on morality issues
> >> related to sex.
> >>
> >> So let us occupy ourselves then with sex.
> >
> >Starr was authorized to investigate everything he investigated. His
> >investigation focused on sex only inasmuch as it was required to
> >substanciate charges of obstruction of justice and perjury.
> >
> >You, on the other hand, having first condemned Starr for investigating
> >sex (incorrectly), now resort to the same. This means that your
> >condemnation was unjustified in the first place, because you
> >clearly don't think investigating sex is wrong. Either that, or
> >you don't have any conscience. Either way, you're a hypocrite,
> >unlike Starr, who is doing his job.
> >
> >There's something about Liberalism that brings out the mean-
> >spiritedness of folks.
> >
> >--
> >Phil Weingart | "Of course. I have lunch with arms dealers
> >pwei...@dazel.com | all the time. Don't you?"
> > | Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan, when asked
> > | whether the campaign finance activities
> > | of the White House weren't just "politics
> > | as usual."
> >

> What seems to be really funny is the fact that just about every Democrat in
> Washington said that Starr was the most ethical, honorable, respected and
> fair person possible to handle the Packwood case.

It was a Senate Ethics committee in a majority Republican congress who voted
to appoint Ken Starr. Packwood was also accused of "grabbing and kissing" a
minor, a charge made by a newspaper, the Oregonian.

The Republican controlled Senate voted 52 to 48 against making the Packwood
hearings public.

I suspect that, since Republican senator Mark Hatfield was beaten up by his
fellow Republicans for voting against the balanced budget amendment, many
right wing Republicans saw Packwood's punishment to be payback for opposing
the appointment of Robert Bork to the Supreme Court.

Democrats did complain about Starr when he was appointed after the Saturday
night massacre of Robert Fiske after Lauch Faircloth complained that Fiske
hadn't probed into the death of Vince Foster thoroughly enough.

There have been many accusations against Starr regarding his many conflicts of
interest, among them the fact that his law firm, Kirkland and Ellis, was under
investigation by the Resolution Trust Corporation for their part in the
collapse of First America Savings Bank.

Say, isn't fiducial misconduct in connection with a financial institution that
Starr was investigating Hillary Clinton for ?

> Either Starr is a magician
> to be able to make a 180 degree change so rapidly or all of those Democrats
> are just phonies in addition to being;

Wonder why Lawsuit Larry isn't calling for Henry Hyde to step down like he
wanted Gingrich to ?

Larry was worried that the Newt's sexual excapades would make him vulnerable
to manipulation.

--
"Whether it was a ''felony,'' as Senator Packwood speculated in his diary, for
Sen. Phil Gramm ( as head of a Republican Party fund-raising arm) to siphon

"Do you speak of great love for the Bush family?"
-('Moonies for Bush' campaign slogan--