Notice: Please don't bittorrent at the shop

krux

Feb 20, 2018, 11:38:17 AM2/20/18
to synshop
As a notice to members, we got a notice from Cox that someone was using
Bittorrent to download copyrighted material from our IP on
2018-02-17T04:18:47Z (that's UTC), which would have been around 8pm
Friday. For those unaware, Cox actively monitors for such things, so
you shouldn't be doing it at the shop, or really anywhere on Cox's
network. Using public open torrent sites is generally a bad idea
anyway. In addition Friday nights is when we stream the show, so taking
bandwidth up with Bittorrent, or other high bandwidth protocols, is also
inconsiderate for those watching the show remotely.

If we get additional notices about such activity, we could lose our
internet service, so please be considerate and not use our internet
service for pirating movies.