Disposing of older TVs

keith greene

Feb 6, 2017, 5:40:57 PM2/6/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com
I have an older Vizio TV (50 inch, I believe, but it might be a 40) that has stopped working. I initially thought it was the main board that had gone bad so I bought a replacement and replaced it. That didn't fix it. I am in need of room, and no longer have the desire to fix it. If anyone wants it for parts or to fix, let me know and it's yours.

Barring that, what are my best options for disposing of it?

Thanks,
Keith

Jed Daniels

Feb 8, 2017, 3:52:52 PM2/8/17
to SYN Shop
If you haven't had any takers, I'd be willing to try use it as a learning experience at the shop to try to identify what is wrong and then fix it, and then donate it to the shop if I can get it working.

--jed

Pawel Szymczykowski

Feb 8, 2017, 4:21:39 PM2/8/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Or maybe just lock it up in a lead box after repairing it:

😂

--
@synshop
https://synshop.org

keith greene

Feb 8, 2017, 5:04:12 PM2/8/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Haven't had any takers yet, Jed. If you want it, it's yours. I don't get down to the shop much, and I don't have a car that could carry it. I'll see if James can run it down there the next time he goes. He lives real close to me.

Jed Daniels

keith greene

Feb 10, 2017, 6:53:55 PM2/10/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com
I spoke to James and he said he's not going to get down to the shop this week. I'll see if I can get my brother to haul it down there.