Miter saw that cuts metal + wood

9 προβολές
Παράβλεψη και μετάβαση στο πρώτο μη αναγνωσμένο μήνυμα

Brian Munroe

μη αναγνωσμένη,
28 Ιαν 2017, 1:32:29 μ.μ.28/1/17
ως syn...@googlegroups.com
So lately I've been seeing a lot of people cutting metal (mild steel) with a miter saw and decided to do a little research:

https://www.amazon.com/Evolution-Power-Tools-RAGE3-Multipurpose/dp/B0030M2TCC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1475163980&sr=8-2&keywords=evolution+saw&linkCode=sl1&tag=ilik-20&linkId=001fd62cb4c090a1660806f4269347e6

My next tool purchase will probably be a miter saw, primarily for wood.  However, if I can get a tool that takes the place of my abrasive chop saw and miter saw I'm all for it.

Does anyone have any experience with these multi-purpose miter saws?  I'd be curious to find out if anyone had any reasons for me not getting one of these.

thanks!

-- brian

Krux

μη αναγνωσμένη,
28 Ιαν 2017, 2:33:15 μ.μ.28/1/17
ως syn...@googlegroups.com, Brian Munroe
I don't know if I would mix metal and wood on the same saw. I've done it in a pinch, but the negative is that it ended up making it so the miter bits of the saw locked up because of the metal dust. So everything had to be taken apart and cleaned.

Aakin Patel

μη αναγνωσμένη,
28 Ιαν 2017, 2:36:30 μ.μ.28/1/17
ως syn...@googlegroups.com, Brian Munroe
I think you have to swap the blade.

--
@synshop
https://synshop.org

Krux

μη αναγνωσμένη,
28 Ιαν 2017, 3:27:00 μ.μ.28/1/17
ως syn...@googlegroups.com, Aakin Patel, Brian Munroe
I thought that went without saying.

Brian Dirk

μη αναγνωσμένη,
28 Ιαν 2017, 4:27:39 μ.μ.28/1/17
ως syn...@googlegroups.com, Aakin Patel, Brian Munroe
I have seen several Youtube videos where they claim that if you have a fine tooth tungsten carbide tipped blade, and you go slow, you can cut mild steel / Aluminum with a regular chop saw/ table saw. I am personally wary of the wear that goes on the machine or the potential for the blade to catastrophically fail.

charlie wallace

μη αναγνωσμένη,
28 Ιαν 2017, 4:53:25 μ.μ.28/1/17
ως syn...@googlegroups.com
i cut metal all the time on my hitachi 12" compound mitre saw. works fine even using the blade it came with but better to use the specific blades .just lots of hot metal flying around

--

Richard Furniss

μη αναγνωσμένη,
28 Ιαν 2017, 5:27:26 μ.μ.28/1/17
ως syn...@googlegroups.com

Evolution is a great machine for cutting steel, I want one myself. It cut steel without sparks (no abrasion wheel) so if it cuts steel wood will be fine, go for it.

[...]

28 Ιαν 2017, 8:32:51 μ.μ.28/1/17
ως SYN Shop

postmowoods

μη αναγνωσμένη,
28 Ιαν 2017, 8:44:10 μ.μ.28/1/17
ως syn...@googlegroups.com
The evolution saw cuts more slowly than a typical miter saw. The lower RPM allows it to use blades that can be designed to cut a lot of different materials. So long as you are OK being slightly more patient cutting wood, it is a fabulous machine, especially for home use.

Kelly

Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note® 3

So lately I've been seeing a lot of people cutting metal (mild steel) with a miter saw and decided to do a little research:

https://www.amazon.com/Evolution-Power-Tools-RAGE3-Multipurpose/dp/B0030M2TCC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1475163980&sr=8-2&keywords=evolution+saw&linkCode=sl1&tag=ilik-20&linkId=001fd62cb4c090a1660806f4269347e6

My next tool purchase will probably be a miter saw, primarily for wood.  However, if I can get a tool that takes the place of my abrasive chop saw and miter saw I'm all for it.

Does anyone have any experience with these multi-purpose miter saws?  I'd be curious to find out if anyone had any reasons for me not getting one of these.

thanks!

-- brian

--

Arclight

μη αναγνωσμένη,
29 Ιαν 2017, 4:12:51 π.μ.29/1/17
ως syn...@googlegroups.com
We have one of these at 23b.  It will cut even heavy sections of steel. It is less dusty and loud than an abrasive saw, although still loud.  The one disadvantage is that you can chip the carbide teeth easily if your work isn't carefully clamped down.

As was stated, it turns at about 1/2 the RPM of a wood-cutting saw.

Arclight

Brian Munroe <br...@synshop.org>: Jan 28 10:32AM -0800

Krux <kr...@thcnet.net>: Jan 28 11:32AM -0800

I don't know if I would mix metal and wood on the same saw. I've done it in a pinch, but the negative is that it ended up making it so the miter bits of the saw locked up because of the metal dust. So everything had to be taken apart and cleaned.

Aakin Patel <aa...@synshop.org>: Jan 28 11:36AM -0800

I think you have to swap the blade.

Krux <kr...@thcnet.net>: Jan 28 12:26PM -0800

I thought that went without saying.

Brian Dirk <bria...@synshop.org>: Jan 28 01:27PM -0800

charlie wallace <charlie...@gmail.com>: Jan 28 01:53PM -0800

On 28 Jan 2017 10:32 a.m., "Brian Munroe" <br...@synshop.org> wrote:

[...]

Check out the video

http://www.evolutionpowertools.com/videos/fury3_video.html

On Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 10:32:29 AM UTC-8, Brian Munroe wrote:

postmowoods <postm...@gmail.com>: Jan 28 05:44PM -0800

charlie wallace

μη αναγνωσμένη,
29 Ιαν 2017, 3:44:24 μ.μ.29/1/17
ως syn...@googlegroups.com
though as note, i cut way more metal on my cheap harbour freight metal bandsaw , set it up and let it go, not the fastest cutting but it does great, i use the 24T bosch metal blade they're about $11 a pop versus the $50 of the non ferrous chop saw blades.

Brian Munroe

μη αναγνωσμένη,
29 Ιαν 2017, 11:28:22 μ.μ.29/1/17
ως syn...@googlegroups.com
awesome thanks for the feedback John + Charlie.

--brian
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to synshop+u...@googlegroups.com.

Brian Munroe

μη αναγνωσμένη,
29 Ιαν 2017, 11:29:07 μ.μ.29/1/17
ως syn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback everyone.  Glad i checked here first.

--brian
Απάντηση σε όλους
Απάντηση στον συντάκτη
Προώθηση