Looking for old sound cards and machines to put them in (happy to pay)

Andrew Morrow

Feb 13, 2017, 11:03:56 AM2/13/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all!

I'm working on a project where I need to pull together a dos machine - something in the 486/33/66 range would work great - and a reasonably good sound card.  Ideally, I'd be able to find either a Soundblaster 2 or an Adlib Gold.  I'm working on a parallel port interface that will modulate the sound card output using a lower level interface than most folks use.  For a completely DIFFERENT project, I wouldn't say no to an MT-32 or Sound Canvas.

Hoping someone can help out!
Andrew

Krux

Feb 13, 2017, 11:43:17 AM2/13/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Morrow
I think I still have some old sound cards kicking around.

Andrew Morrow

Feb 13, 2017, 12:54:37 PM2/13/17
to Krux, syn...@googlegroups.com
That would be awesome :) The best case scenario would be an Adlib Gold, with the SB2 (not SB16 or any crystal cards - I won't have access to the functions I need with those).

Thanks!

Aakin Patel

Feb 13, 2017, 1:12:25 PM2/13/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com, Krux
Krux's hoarder instinct has been waiting for this day for two decades.

- Aakin

--
@synshop
https://synshop.org

Krux

Feb 13, 2017, 2:03:57 PM2/13/17
to Andrew Morrow, syn...@googlegroups.com
One of the cards I have is a Gravis Ultrasound Pro, and the other is a Soundblaster AWE64 Gold.

Andrew Morrow

Feb 13, 2017, 3:47:52 PM2/13/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com
The AWE64 would work like a charm - ISA, right?

Krux

Feb 13, 2017, 5:16:39 PM2/13/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Morrow
yep, it's ISA. I'll bring it to the shop on Tuesday.