最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Krux

未読、
2016/09/15 10:42:562016/09/15
To: synshop
Curious what peoples thoughts are on this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294137530/the-first-desktop-waterjet-cutter

My first thought is skeptical

Mark J Koch

未読、
2016/09/15 11:08:222016/09/15
To: syn...@googlegroups.com
My take on this is that like the hobby lasers, it will cut thinner materials and probably have high maintenance issues.

For as much as I cut, it is still more economical for me to take even small jobs down to the local fab place and have it cut at $80 per hour at a superior quality. I also have the option of cutting larger pieces and with far thicker materials than this machine could probably do.

Just as these machines have gotten cheaper, so have professional services.

Mark
> --
> @synshop
> https://synshop.org
> ---

Andrew Morrow

未読、
2016/09/15 11:13:062016/09/15
To: syn...@googlegroups.com
wait, $80 an HOUR?  That's absurdly cheap compared to the last time I had something water cut... What shop are you using?

@synshop
https://synshop.org
---

Mark J Koch

未読、
2016/09/15 11:27:192016/09/15
To: syn...@googlegroups.com
I use RS Fab http://rsfab.com . $80 was the last rate they quoted me. They have a new fiber laser that cuts steel like butter and at high resolution too.

Mark

> On Sep 15, 2016, at 8:12 AM, Andrew Morrow <amo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> wait, $80 an HOUR? That's absurdly cheap compared to the last time I had something water cut... What shop are you using?
>
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 8:08 AM, Mark J Koch <ma...@synshop.org> wrote:
> My take on this is that like the hobby lasers, it will cut thinner materials and probably have high maintenance issues.
>
> For as much as I cut, it is still more economical for me to take even small jobs down to the local fab place and have it cut at $80 per hour at a superior quality. I also have the option of cutting larger pieces and with far thicker materials than this machine could probably do.
>
> Just as these machines have gotten cheaper, so have professional services.
>
> Mark
>

> > On Sep 15, 2016, at 7:42 AM, Krux <kr...@thcnet.net> wrote:
> >
> > Curious what peoples thoughts are on this:
> >
> > https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294137530/the-first-desktop-waterjet-cutter
> >
> > My first thought is skeptical
> > --
> > Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
> >
> > --
> > @synshop
> > https://synshop.org
> > ---
>
> --
> @synshop
> https://synshop.org
> ---
>

> --
> @synshop
> https://synshop.org
> ---

Andrew Morrow

未読、
2016/09/15 11:31:552016/09/15
To: syn...@googlegroups.com
Amazing, thanks so much!

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 8:27 AM, Mark J Koch <ma...@synshop.org> wrote:
I use RS Fab  http://rsfab.com .  $80 was the last rate they quoted me.   They have a new fiber laser that cuts steel like butter and at high resolution too.

Mark

> On Sep 15, 2016, at 8:12 AM, Andrew Morrow <amo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> wait, $80 an HOUR?  That's absurdly cheap compared to the last time I had something water cut... What shop are you using?
>
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 8:08 AM, Mark J Koch <ma...@synshop.org> wrote:
> My take on this is that like the hobby lasers, it will cut thinner materials and probably have high maintenance issues.
>
> For as much as I cut, it is still more economical for me to take even small jobs down to the local fab place and have it cut at $80 per hour at a superior quality. I also have the option of cutting larger pieces and with far thicker materials than this machine could probably do.
>
> Just as these machines have gotten cheaper, so have professional services.
>
> Mark
>

> > On Sep 15, 2016, at 7:42 AM, Krux <kr...@thcnet.net> wrote:
> >
> > Curious what peoples thoughts are on this:
> >
> > https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294137530/the-first-desktop-waterjet-cutter
> >
> > My first thought is skeptical
> > --
> > Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
> >
> > --
> > @synshop
> > https://synshop.org
> > ---
>
> --
> @synshop
> https://synshop.org
> ---
>

> --
> @synshop
> https://synshop.org
> ---

@synshop
https://synshop.org
---

Nathan Bryant

未読、
2016/09/15 13:54:412016/09/15
To: syn...@googlegroups.com
The cutting media usage for the wazer seems to be a lot higher than more industrial units. Someone using the machine for an hour will go through 20lbs of media.

WAZER operates by primarily consuming three main ingredients: water, abrasive, and electricity. The prices of electricity and water is different for all users but ~90% of the operating cost will be the abrasive. Using the abrasive cost estimate of $0.60 - $1.10 per pound, the abrasive rate of 0.33lbs per minute and the cutting speeds in the material section, you can estimate the cost of your cut.

全員に返信
投稿者に返信
転送
新着メール 0 件