dissasembly/reassembly

John Lighton

Aug 18, 2016, 3:44:42 PM8/18/16
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Greetings. Can anyone disassemble some ancient precambrian legacy 8015 HEX code (target AT89C51) for which the source was lost sometime in the Jurassic, remove a pesky conditional and reassemble it? I'll be happy to pay for someone's expertise in this area, as long as the reassembled code works as needed. Let me know if you may be able to help. Thanks!

Dave Huseby

Aug 18, 2016, 5:47:16 PM8/18/16
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Did you mean 8051 machine code? How big is the binary? How much code
are we talking about?

--dave
> -- @synshop https://synshop.org --- You received this message
> because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SYN Shop" group.
> send an email to synshop+u...@googlegroups.com
> visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

John Lighton

Aug 18, 2016, 6:14:21 PM8/18/16
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

Yes, it would be 8051 machine code in .HEX format. The HEX file is 35K in size. If you'd like to take a look at it, I can send it to you off-list.

John

On 08/18/2016 12:44 PM, John Lighton wrote:
> Greetings. Can anyone disassemble some ancient precambrian legacy
> 8015 HEX code (target AT89C51) for which the source was lost
> sometime in the Jurassic, remove a pesky conditional and reassemble
> it? I'll be happy to pay for someone's expertise in this area, as
> long as the reassembled code works as needed. Let me know if you
> may be able to help. Thanks!
>
> -- @synshop https://synshop.org --- You received this message
> because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SYN Shop" group.
@synshop
https://synshop.org
---

Dave Huseby