next round of releases

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 11, 2013, 3:35:32 PM8/11/13
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

can we try to get a new round of releases done by Wednesday evening?

Specially I would like us to ideally wrap up the following:
1) merge some of the open PRs on PHPCR ODM (dbu/lsmith77)
2) ideally get the new QB done along with the pending selector changes in PHPCR/Jackalope (dantleetch)
3) get MediaBundle ready for integration with the BlockBundle as well as the SE and sandbox (rmsint/sjopet)
4) get the SimpleCmsBundle updated to our Bundle standards (dantleetch
5) ORM testing for RoutingBundle (WouterJ)

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
sm...@pooteeweet.org

signature.asc

David Buchmann

Aug 12, 2013, 2:31:25 AM8/12/13
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
hi,

> 1) merge some of the open PRs on PHPCR ODM (dbu/lsmith77)

i will finalize the nullable fun tomorrow

> 2) ideally get the new QB done along with the pending selector changes in PHPCR/Jackalope (dantleetch)

can we merge the selector not null change without the new QB or not at all.

> 3) get MediaBundle ready for integration with the BlockBundle as well as the SE and sandbox (rmsint/sjopet)

would love to hear when there is a clear overview of what is missing there.

> 5) ORM testing for RoutingBundle (WouterJ)

wouter is in holidays this week afaik. but i will have a look, also at
the open wtf and bugs in RoutingBundle. teito/matteo might also be able
to help.

cheers,david

ps: did anybody else ever experience that calling reset() on a
ReferrersCollection returns you the document that collection was created on?

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 12, 2013, 3:31:01 AM8/12/13

On Aug 12, 2013, at 8:31 , David Buchmann <da...@liip.ch> wrote:

> hi,
>
>> 1) merge some of the open PRs on PHPCR ODM (dbu/lsmith77)
>
> i will finalize the nullable fun tomorrow

great .. indeed I think the best approach is to be strict on write only and be as lax is possible in read.

>> 2) ideally get the new QB done along with the pending selector changes in PHPCR/Jackalope (dantleetch)
>
> can we merge the selector not null change without the new QB or not at all.

unfortunately we cannot

>> 5) ORM testing for RoutingBundle (WouterJ)
>
> wouter is in holidays this week afaik. but i will have a look, also at
> the open wtf and bugs in RoutingBundle. teito/matteo might also be able
> to help.

ok great.

> ps: did anybody else ever experience that calling reset() on a
> ReferrersCollection returns you the document that collection was created on?

hmm no .. not sure if I ever used that function on our collections. there is no method that implements this explicitly. instead i guess it will use a combination of method calls from the Iterator interface.
signature.asc

David Buchmann

Aug 12, 2013, 4:03:55 AM8/12/13
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
>> ps: did anybody else ever experience that calling reset() on a
>> ReferrersCollection returns you the document that collection was created on?
>
> hmm no .. not sure if I ever used that function on our collections. there is no method that implements this explicitly. instead i guess it will use a combination of method calls from the Iterator interface.

yeah, i think its php using the Iterator to rewind and then return
current or something like that. the problem is visible for example when
you generate a url from a content document when there is no route
matching any preferred locale. we then simply reset the collection to
get the first one. i will see if i manage to create a failing test in
phpcr-odm.

cheers,david

rmsint

Aug 13, 2013, 7:19:18 AM8/13/13
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com

> 3) get MediaBundle ready for integration with the BlockBundle as well as the SE and sandbox (rmsint/sjopet)

would love to hear when there is a clear overview of what is missing there.

Here is an overview of the non-MediaBundle PRs:
* https://github.com/symfony-cmf/BlockBundle/pull/72 - needs a rebase + web test case for the image block - can be done after the cmf-sandbox branch prepare-next-version is merged
* https://github.com/doctrine/phpcr-odm/pull/293 - rebased on latest master and ready
* https://github.com/doctrine/phpcr-odm/pull/293 - rebased on latest master and ready
* https://github.com/symfony-cmf/CreateBundle/pull/60 - I think ready - Basically everything regarding images is now moved to CmfMedia. Only the image controller is left that handles a security check and transforms the responses to json.

For the MediaBundle:
* https://github.com/symfony-cmf/MediaBundle/pull/27 PR for CreateBundle - needs a last review of the MediaManager and merge
* create and add cmf:file + cmf:image mixin - on agenda sjopet for this week
* elfinder volume driver - can be done after above 2 points
* Add testing component
* upgrade to new Bundle standards

rmsint

Aug 13, 2013, 7:20:47 AM8/13/13

Op dinsdag 13 augustus 2013 13:19:18 UTC+2 schreef rmsint:

> 3) get MediaBundle ready for integration with the BlockBundle as well as the SE and sandbox (rmsint/sjopet)

would love to hear when there is a clear overview of what is missing there.

Here is an overview of the non-MediaBundle PRs:
* https://github.com/symfony-cmf/BlockBundle/pull/72 - needs a rebase + web test case for the image block - can be done after the cmf-sandbox branch prepare-next-version is merged
* https://github.com/doctrine/phpcr-odm/pull/293 - rebased on latest master and ready
* https://github.com/doctrine/phpcr-odm/pull/293 - rebased on latest master and ready
Typo, should be https://github.com/doctrine/DoctrinePHPCRBundle/pull/72 - rebased on latest master and ready

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 13, 2013, 8:02:06 AM8/13/13
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
these are some large refactorings .. so it would be great if one or two other people could sign off that this goes in the right direction. that being said, if things are going in the right direction, i am willing to merge this stuff even if maybe there are still minor issues. its simply too hard to try and figure out all details that touch so many different bundles and components. personally i have not followed the MediaBundle so closely, so I feel I am not qualified to really judge these PRs.
signature.asc

Daniel Leech

Aug 13, 2013, 1:05:19 PM8/13/13
On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 09:35:32PM +0200, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
> 2) ideally get the new QB done along with the pending selector changes in PHPCR/Jackalope (dantleetch)

^^ This isn't very likely, maybe this time next week ..

> 4) get the SimpleCmsBundle updated to our Bundle standards (dantleetch

^^ I will make this my task for tomorrow.

There is now an additional requirement for this PR, we have decided to
remove the abstract load fixture data class (used in the sandbox and SE)
and replace it with:

https://github.com/nelmio/alice

Which is a really neat fixture generating library.

Cheers

Dan

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 13, 2013, 1:07:55 PM8/13/13

On Aug 13, 2013, at 19:05 , Daniel Leech <dan...@dantleech.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 09:35:32PM +0200, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
>> 2) ideally get the new QB done along with the pending selector changes in PHPCR/Jackalope (dantleetch)
>
> ^^ This isn't very likely, maybe this time next week ..

>> 4) get the SimpleCmsBundle updated to our Bundle standards (dantleetch
>
> ^^ I will make this my task for tomorrow.
>
> There is now an additional requirement for this PR, we have decided to
> remove the abstract load fixture data class (used in the sandbox and SE)
> and replace it with:
>
> https://github.com/nelmio/alice
>
> Which is a really neat fixture generating library.

yeah .. though I guess if we cannot make it in time .. then we should just keep the current solution and replace it for the next release.
signature.asc

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 14, 2013, 3:51:16 PM8/14/13
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
where do we stand here?
signature.asc

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 14, 2013, 5:32:17 PM8/14/13

On Aug 11, 2013, at 21:35 , Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can we try to get a new round of releases done by Wednesday evening?
>
> Specially I would like us to ideally wrap up the following:
> 1) merge some of the open PRs on PHPCR ODM (dbu/lsmith77)

looks better ..

> 2) ideally get the new QB done along with the pending selector changes in PHPCR/Jackalope (dantleetch)

will have to wait for next week

> 3) get MediaBundle ready for integration with the BlockBundle as well as the SE and sandbox (rmsint/sjopet)

i would really like to see this make it into the release this week

> 4) get the SimpleCmsBundle updated to our Bundle standards (dantleetch

done!

> 5) ORM testing for RoutingBundle (WouterJ)

can wait until WouterJ is back
signature.asc

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 18, 2013, 11:25:41 AM8/18/13

On Aug 14, 2013, at 23:32 , Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org> wrote:

> On Aug 11, 2013, at 21:35 , Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> can we try to get a new round of releases done by Wednesday evening?
>>
>> Specially I would like us to ideally wrap up the following:
>> 1) merge some of the open PRs on PHPCR ODM (dbu/lsmith77)
>
> looks better ..
>
>> 2) ideally get the new QB done along with the pending selector changes in PHPCR/Jackalope (dantleetch)
>
> will have to wait for next week
>
>> 3) get MediaBundle ready for integration with the BlockBundle as well as the SE and sandbox (rmsint/sjopet)
>
> i would really like to see this make it into the release this week

it seems several related PRs were merged .. where are we here?

>> 4) get the SimpleCmsBundle updated to our Bundle standards (dantleetch
>
> done!
>
>> 5) ORM testing for RoutingBundle (WouterJ)
>
> can wait until WouterJ is back

he is back .. PR is still failing though .. but I just retriggered the tests .. maybe now that everything is merged this one will pass?
signature.asc

jong.de...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2013, 4:44:10 PM8/18/13
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
> he is back .. PR is still failing though .. but I just retriggered the tests .. maybe now that everything is merged this one will pass?

The tests are indeed failing because of some regression in the testing component. Now the
regression is fixed, there is anyother BC break. I'll try to fix that BC break tomorrow and hopefully
we get some green lights

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 19, 2013, 2:44:24 AM8/19/13

On Aug 18, 2013, at 17:25 , Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org> wrote:

>>> 3) get MediaBundle ready for integration with the BlockBundle as well as the SE and sandbox (rmsint/sjopet)
>>
>> i would really like to see this make it into the release this week
>
> it seems several related PRs were merged .. where are we here?

as things seem to be ready from rmsint's POV I would say lets vote on this until this afternoon. anyone opposed to merge all of the related PRs today please speak up! I would say for MediaBundle we would go to beta1 then, while we go to RC1 on the BlockBundle. Note I think minor issues should not stop us from going forward with this .. only major architecture issues should imho.

what do you all think?
signature.asc

Daniel Leech

Aug 19, 2013, 5:52:32 AM8/19/13
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
I would like to review BlockBundle before RC1, can we leave any tagging until Wednesday? (seems to be the traditional tag day)

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 19, 2013, 5:54:38 AM8/19/13

On Aug 19, 2013, at 11:52 , Daniel Leech <dan...@dantleech.com> wrote:

> I would like to review BlockBundle before RC1, can we leave any tagging until Wednesday? (seems to be the traditional tag day)

sure .. Wednesday looks like the more realistic timeframe at this point.
signature.asc

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 19, 2013, 12:53:37 PM8/19/13
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com

On Aug 19, 2013, at 11:52 , Daniel Leech <dan...@dantleech.com> wrote:

> I would like to review BlockBundle before RC1, can we leave any tagging until Wednesday? (seems to be the traditional tag day)
>

> Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org> a écrit :
>
> On Aug 18, 2013, at 17:25 , Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org> wrote:
>
> 3) get MediaBundle ready for integration with the BlockBundle as well as the SE and sandbox (rmsint/sjopet)
>
> i would really like to see this make it into the release this week
>
> it seems several related PRs were merged .. where are we here?
>
> as things seem to be ready from rmsint's POV I would say lets vote on this until this afternoon. anyone opposed to merge all of the related PRs to
> day
> please speak up! I would say for MediaBundle we would go to beta1 then, while we go to RC1 on the BlockBundle. Note I think minor issues should not stop us from going forward with this .. only major architecture issues should imho.

this is all merged ..

https://github.com/symfony-cmf/cmf-sandbox/pull/192 is updated accordingly and all the tests pass when i manually update all relevant vendors.

for Wednesday the only open topics I see are:
- https://github.com/symfony-cmf/symfony-cmf/issues/168
- decide if to go RC1 for BlockBundle
- decide if to go RC1 for SimpleCmsBundle
- for MediaBundle I would suggest to go for beta1
- aside from this if anyone finds the time to update the Bundle standards of any of the following it would be awesome: TreeBrowserBundle, CreateBundle, SearchBundle, BlogBundle, RoutingAutoBundle
- wrap up the dual licensing PR for Jackalope/PHPCR (see https://github.com/jackalope/jackalope/pull/186, https://github.com/phpcr/phpcr/pull/69)

Furthermore, while I assume we cannot get the QB updated by Wednesday, the sooner we get feedback the better:
https://github.com/doctrine/phpcr-odm/pull/318

There are also a few doc PRs that are getting close to be completed (note we now have travis-ci testing for doc PRs):
https://github.com/organizations/symfony-cmf/dashboard/pulls/for/symfony-cmf/symfony-cmf-docs
signature.asc

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 20, 2013, 4:54:44 PM8/20/13

On Aug 19, 2013, at 18:53 , Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org> wrote:

> On Aug 19, 2013, at 11:52 , Daniel Leech <dan...@dantleech.com> wrote:
>
>> I would like to review BlockBundle before RC1, can we leave any tagging until Wednesday? (seems to be the traditional tag day)
>>

>> Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org> a écrit :
>>
>> On Aug 18, 2013, at 17:25 , Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org> wrote:
>>
>> 3) get MediaBundle ready for integration with the BlockBundle as well as the SE and sandbox (rmsint/sjopet)
>>
>> i would really like to see this make it into the release this week
>>
>> it seems several related PRs were merged .. where are we here?
>>
>> as things seem to be ready from rmsint's POV I would say lets vote on this until this afternoon. anyone opposed to merge all of the related PRs to
>> day
>> please speak up! I would say for MediaBundle we would go to beta1 then, while we go to RC1 on the BlockBundle. Note I think minor issues should not stop us from going forward with this .. only major architecture issues should imho.
>
> this is all merged ..
>
> https://github.com/symfony-cmf/cmf-sandbox/pull/192 is updated accordingly and all the tests pass when i manually update all relevant vendors.
>
> for Wednesday the only open topics I see are:
> - https://github.com/symfony-cmf/symfony-cmf/issues/168

nobody has made a comment on this ..

> - decide if to go RC1 for BlockBundle
> - decide if to go RC1 for SimpleCmsBundle
> - for MediaBundle I would suggest to go for beta1
> - aside from this if anyone finds the time to update the Bundle standards of any of the following it would be awesome: TreeBrowserBundle, CreateBundle, SearchBundle, BlogBundle, RoutingAutoBundle

CreateBundle and MediaBundle are now done raising the question of they can even go to RC1?

> - wrap up the dual licensing PR for Jackalope/PHPCR (see https://github.com/jackalope/jackalope/pull/186, https://github.com/phpcr/phpcr/pull/69)

I will not be able to work on this tomorrow .. so unless someone else gets to it .. it will have to wait a bit longer :(

main additional open PRs under consideration to be merged for tomorrow:
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/Testing/pull/21
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/BlockBundle/pull/120
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/BlockBundle/pull/119

btw .. I have updated the SE which helped me find a bunch of SimpleCmsBundle refactoring issues and also updated the config of the SE:
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/symfony-cmf-standard/pull/33
signature.asc

Daniel Leech

Aug 21, 2013, 4:16:15 AM8/21/13
On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 10:54:44PM +0200, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:

> On Aug 19, 2013, at 18:53 , Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 19, 2013, at 11:52 , Daniel Leech <dan...@dantleech.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I would like to review BlockBundle before RC1, can we leave any tagging until Wednesday? (seems to be the traditional tag day)
> >>

> >> Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org> a �crit :
> >>
> >> On Aug 18, 2013, at 17:25 , Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> 3) get MediaBundle ready for integration with the BlockBundle as well as the SE and sandbox (rmsint/sjopet)
> >>
> >> i would really like to see this make it into the release this week
> >>
> >> it seems several related PRs were merged .. where are we here?
> >>
> >> as things seem to be ready from rmsint's POV I would say lets vote on this until this afternoon. anyone opposed to merge all of the related PRs to
> >> day
> >> please speak up! I would say for MediaBundle we would go to beta1 then, while we go to RC1 on the BlockBundle. Note I think minor issues should not stop us from going forward with this .. only major architecture issues should imho.
> >
> > this is all merged ..
> >
> > https://github.com/symfony-cmf/cmf-sandbox/pull/192 is updated accordingly and all the tests pass when i manually update all relevant vendors.
> >
> > for Wednesday the only open topics I see are:
> > - https://github.com/symfony-cmf/symfony-cmf/issues/168
>
> nobody has made a comment on this ..
>
> > - decide if to go RC1 for BlockBundle
> > - decide if to go RC1 for SimpleCmsBundle
> > - for MediaBundle I would suggest to go for beta1
> > - aside from this if anyone finds the time to update the Bundle standards of any of the following it would be awesome: TreeBrowserBundle, CreateBundle, SearchBundle, BlogBundle, RoutingAutoBundle
>
> CreateBundle and MediaBundle are now done raising the question of they can even go to RC1?
>
> > - wrap up the dual licensing PR for Jackalope/PHPCR (see https://github.com/jackalope/jackalope/pull/186, https://github.com/phpcr/phpcr/pull/69)
>

> I will not be able to work on this tomorrow .. so unless someone else gets to it .. it will have to wait a bit longer :(
>
> main additional open PRs under consideration to be merged for tomorrow:
> https://github.com/symfony-cmf/Testing/pull/21
> https://github.com/symfony-cmf/BlockBundle/pull/120
> https://github.com/symfony-cmf/BlockBundle/pull/119

I /think/ the BlockBundle is RC1 OK with those two PRs above, although I
am quite pressed for time at the moment as I am spending long days on the
bike...

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 21, 2013, 9:54:36 AM8/21/13

On Aug 21, 2013, at 10:16 , Daniel Leech <dan...@dantleech.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 10:54:44PM +0200, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
>>
>> On Aug 19, 2013, at 18:53 , Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org> wrote:
>>

>>> On Aug 19, 2013, at 11:52 , Daniel Leech <dan...@dantleech.com> wrote:

>>> for Wednesday the only open topics I see are:
>>> - https://github.com/symfony-cmf/symfony-cmf/issues/168
>>
>> nobody has made a comment on this ..

merged with label "Symfony CMF"

>>> - decide if to go RC1 for BlockBundle

I guess we will go to RC1

https://github.com/symfony-cmf/BlockBundle/pull/120 is ok for you now dantleech?

>>> - decide if to go RC1 for SimpleCmsBundle

I guess we will go to RC1

I have one minor question here if we should enable the multilang support in the Page model by default or not:
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/SimpleCmsBundle/commit/e77a72b0c7999509be31852e838e156632ca85fd#commitcomment-3910550

>>> - for MediaBundle I would suggest to go for beta1

>>> - aside from this if anyone finds the time to update the Bundle standards of any of the following it would be awesome: TreeBrowserBundle, CreateBundle, SearchBundle, BlogBundle, RoutingAutoBundle
>>
>> CreateBundle and MediaBundle are now done raising the question of they can even go to RC1?

In general to me the key thing before we can move MediaBundle and CreateBundle to RC1 is having a solid image upload for CKEditor ready. For CKEditor this also means fixing https://github.com/bergie/create/issues/178

Other than that there are a couple of additional tickets left:
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/MediaBundle/issues?state=open
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/CreateBundle/issues?state=open

>>> - wrap up the dual licensing PR for Jackalope/PHPCR (see https://github.com/jackalope/jackalope/pull/186, https://github.com/phpcr/phpcr/pull/69)
>>

>> I will not be able to work on this tomorrow .. so unless someone else gets to it .. it will have to wait a bit longer :(

guess this will have to wait until the next tagging round.

>> main additional open PRs under consideration to be merged for tomorrow:
>> https://github.com/symfony-cmf/Testing/pull/21

dantleech what do we do about this one?
signature.asc

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 21, 2013, 11:42:49 AM8/21/13
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
FYI, I just opened 2 more PRs .. should be ok though missing some translations maybe someone could add those?:
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/RoutingBundle/pull/157
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/SimpleCmsBundle/pull/58
signature.asc

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 21, 2013, 8:36:13 PM8/21/13
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
Aloha,

Alright next round of releases has been tagged, except for the sandbox where it seems there are some test failures:
https://travis-ci.org/symfony-cmf/cmf-sandbox/jobs/10476076

Would be great of someone could look into this. Note I didnt tag new releases of BlogBundle, RoutingAutoBundle, TreeBrowserBundle and SearchBundle since it didn't seem like there were significant changes. Looks as though a new BlogBundle release might be necessary.

BTW: we are now green for Symfony core dev-master on pretty much all Bundles.

For the next steps the focus should be:

- updating more Bundles to our standards
- updating the QueryBuilder API in PHPCR ODM
- wrapping up the header changes needed to move PHPCR and Jackalope to also list MIT as a license option
- making MediaBundle and CreateBundle work with image upload with CKEditor
- updating the documentation to all the recent changes, especially in regards to configuration
- switch to using Alice to load SimpleCmsBundle fixtures in the SE (and sandbox)
- go through all the open tickets again and decide what needs to be done for our stable release milestone

Again for the non core developers, please have a look at the easy picks and help us there. Would be much appreciated!
signature.asc

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 22, 2013, 3:18:21 AM8/22/13

On Aug 22, 2013, at 2:36 , Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org> wrote:

> Aloha,
>
> Alright next round of releases has been tagged, except for the sandbox where it seems there are some test failures:
> https://travis-ci.org/symfony-cmf/cmf-sandbox/jobs/10476076
>
> Would be great of someone could look into this. Note I didnt tag new releases of BlogBundle, RoutingAutoBundle, TreeBrowserBundle and SearchBundle since it didn't seem like there were significant changes. Looks as though a new BlogBundle release might be necessary.

OK, managed to fix this issue. BlogBundle was left at an older version.
All tagged and green now .. though it seems github is now down ..
signature.asc

Daniel Leech

Aug 22, 2013, 4:29:12 AM8/22/13
On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 02:36:13AM +0200, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
> Aloha,
>
> Alright next round of releases has been tagged, except for the sandbox where it seems there are some test failures:
> https://travis-ci.org/symfony-cmf/cmf-sandbox/jobs/10476076
>
> Would be great of someone could look into this. Note I didnt tag new releases of BlogBundle, RoutingAutoBundle, TreeBrowserBundle and SearchBundle since it didn't seem like there were significant changes. Looks as though a new BlogBundle release might be necessary.
>
> BTW: we are now green for Symfony core dev-master on pretty much all Bundles.
>
> For the next steps the focus should be:
>
> - updating more Bundles to our standards
> - updating the QueryBuilder API in PHPCR ODM

I have finished the API part, see:

https://github.com/doctrine/phpcr-odm/pull/318

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 29, 2013, 3:13:14 AM8/29/13

see https://github.com/doctrine/phpcr-odm/pull/318

> - wrapping up the header changes needed to move PHPCR and Jackalope to also list MIT as a license option

done thx to David

> - making MediaBundle and CreateBundle work with image upload with CKEditor

basically working now .. still some tasks left to wrap this up
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/cmf-sandbox/pull/199

still suffering from https://github.com/bergie/create/issues/178

> - updating the documentation to all the recent changes, especially in regards to configuration

making some progress here .. again this is something where non core devs can help!

> - switch to using Alice to load SimpleCmsBundle fixtures in the SE (and sandbox)

again a point where non core devs could help!

> - go through all the open tickets again and decide what needs to be done for our stable release milestone

i will try to do this until the end of the week but it would be very important that everybody does this at least for the Bundles they are deeply involved with

I feel like we can go to RC1 with the CMF itself on Wednesday next week. Just a few smaller steps to do.
signature.asc

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 29, 2013, 3:36:32 AM8/29/13

On Aug 29, 2013, at 9:13 , Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org> wrote:

> On Aug 22, 2013, at 2:36 , Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org> wrote:
>
>> For the next steps the focus should be:
>>
>> - updating more Bundles to our standards

SearchBundle just got merged.

I think its now mostly Bundles we do not require for RC1 anyway:
RoutingAutoBundle, BlogBundle (this one we should get to RC1 soon though)

so its no longer a pressing issue .. but still would be nice.

>> - updating the QueryBuilder API in PHPCR ODM
>
> see https://github.com/doctrine/phpcr-odm/pull/318
>
>> - wrapping up the header changes needed to move PHPCR and Jackalope to also list MIT as a license option
>
> done thx to David
>
>> - making MediaBundle and CreateBundle work with image upload with CKEditor
>
> basically working now .. still some tasks left to wrap this up
> https://github.com/symfony-cmf/cmf-sandbox/pull/199
>
> still suffering from https://github.com/bergie/create/issues/178

I should note that there are a few depended tickets which need help especially with testing and documentation:
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/CreateBundle/pull/75
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/MediaBundle/pull/47
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/MediaBundle/pull/46
signature.asc

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 29, 2013, 9:40:09 AM8/29/13
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
signature.asc

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 30, 2013, 5:35:49 AM8/30/13

On Aug 29, 2013, at 9:36 , Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org> wrote:

>>> - making MediaBundle and CreateBundle work with image upload with CKEditor
>>
>> basically working now .. still some tasks left to wrap this up
>> https://github.com/symfony-cmf/cmf-sandbox/pull/199
>>
>> still suffering from https://github.com/bergie/create/issues/178
>
> I should note that there are a few depended tickets which need help especially with testing and documentation:
> https://github.com/symfony-cmf/CreateBundle/pull/75
> https://github.com/symfony-cmf/MediaBundle/pull/47
> https://github.com/symfony-cmf/MediaBundle/pull/46

BTW I assume that rmsint is now on vacation .. so other people have to pick up the ball.
Sjopet also seems to be gone atm .. ?
signature.asc

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Sep 2, 2013, 6:59:45 AM9/2/13
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
Alright .. compared to a few weeks ago our pace has slowed down quite a bit, but that is ok. I mean the pace we had a few weeks ago (actually sustained for about 2 months) was just insane. At any rate I think we are in shape now for going to RC1 across the board more or less.

I discussed with David that we will merge the ELFinder PRs for the next release round on Wednesday and then go to RC1 across the board. The main open issue then remains the QB refactoring where Dan is making good progress. I will see if I can find the time to give some more detailed feedback before Wednesday. Some of the above issues have been fixed, most remain open but none is painful enough that we should not go to RC. That of course doesn't mean that we should not continue to look into fixing those issues. However I think we should start to become a bit more conservative in our bug fixing and tweaking to reduce the risk of regressions.

So next Wednesday I want to move symfony-cmf/symfony-cmf and all Bundles listed inside of the package to RC1

Do you all agree?
signature.asc

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Sep 4, 2013, 7:35:14 AM9/4/13
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
Aloha,

1) State as of now
So I have been merging and cleaning things up all day.

If you use this PR and update everything to master you can test the current state:
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/cmf-sandbox/pull/199

I already tagged CoreBundle and the Routing component, however the CoreBundle seems to need yet another tag. However as I am starting to feel rushed as I need to head to the airport, I would rather stop here for now.

2) QB and Jackalope
I will try to review the QB rewrite a bit on my flight today https://github.com/doctrine/phpcr-odm/pull/318
This would allow us to then merge https://github.com/jackalope/jackalope/pull/185 and related PRs
BTW It would be great if someone could look into wrapping up https://github.com/jackalope/jackalope/pull/181 and the related issues and maybe apply the same approach to deleteting.

Note that if we do merge the QB change we also need to update SonataDoctrineAdminBundle.

3) Releasing
Now once I or David have a bit of time to get to releasing the question remains what do we do with our various packages that are not yet at RC1

- MediaBundle (imho should go to RC1)
- CreateBundle (imho should go to RC1 .. or wait until https://plus.google.com/events/c6posfmvgqcin1uvi9vn4nb9js0 ?_
- SearchBundle (not sure here .. though maybe we should wait until https://github.com/liip/LiipSearchBundle/issues/10 is fixed and the dependency on Symfony is bumped to 2.2)
- TreeBrowserBundle (wait until https://github.com/symfony-cmf/TreeBrowserBundle/pull/45 is done?)
- SonataDoctrineAdminBundle (tons of open tickets https://github.com/sonata-project/SonataDoctrinePhpcrAdminBundle/issues?state=open but essentially working)
- symfony-cmf/symfony-cmf (should go RC once all the requires are at RC1 or once additionally all the suggests are at RC1?)

Definitely not going to RC phase
- BlogBundle
- RoutingAutoBundle
signature.asc

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Sep 11, 2013, 4:22:22 PM9/11/13

On Sep 4, 2013, at 13:35 , Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org> wrote:

> Aloha,
>
> 1) State as of now
> So I have been merging and cleaning things up all day.
>
> If you use this PR and update everything to master you can test the current state:
> https://github.com/symfony-cmf/cmf-sandbox/pull/199
>
> I already tagged CoreBundle and the Routing component, however the CoreBundle seems to need yet another tag. However as I am starting to feel rushed as I need to head to the airport, I would rather stop here for now.

all key bundles and repositories have been tagged with at least RC1 .. in other words .. the CMF is now finally at RC1

here are the current open tickets we have marked with milestones for the upcoming stable release. honestly none of them are things that would stop me from making a stable release. so barring any surprise major bugs, we will release our first stable release by the end of this month. several tickets in there are easy picks, mostly related to updating translations.

https://github.com/symfony-cmf/BlockBundle/issues/118
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/MediaBundle/issues/53
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/MediaBundle/issues/52
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/RoutingBundle/issues/161
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/SimpleCmsBundle/issues/60
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/cmf-sandbox/pull/159
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/CreateBundle/issues/4
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/CreateBundle/issues/71
https://github.com/sonata-project/SonataDoctrinePhpcrAdminBundle/issues/160
https://github.com/sonata-project/SonataDoctrinePhpcrAdminBundle/issues/132

> 2) QB and Jackalope
> I will try to review the QB rewrite a bit on my flight today https://github.com/doctrine/phpcr-odm/pull/318
> This would allow us to then merge https://github.com/jackalope/jackalope/pull/185 and related PRs
> BTW It would be great if someone could look into wrapping up https://github.com/jackalope/jackalope/pull/181 and the related issues and maybe apply the same approach to deleteting.
>
> Note that if we do merge the QB change we also need to update SonataDoctrineAdminBundle.

this is still on going but making steady progress.

we then also need to do:
https://github.com/sonata-project/SonataDoctrinePhpcrAdminBundle/pull/169
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/BlogBundle/pull/37

and a nice to have then would be:
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/SearchBundle/issues/2

finally we should also do this for RC1 (and maybe do something similar for bulk delete too)
https://github.com/jackalope/jackalope/pull/181

once we have all of that we can also go to RC1 for PHPCR, Jackalope, PHPCR ODM and SonataDoctrinePhpcrAdminBundle

---

Aside from this we still have a lot of work to do on the documentation. Lots of minor out dated docs, some sections that need more details and some that could benefit from a rewrite:
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/symfony-cmf-docs/issues?labels=&page=1&state=open
signature.asc

Mike Lohmann

Sep 11, 2013, 5:50:19 PM9/11/13
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations!

Mike

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Sep 13, 2013, 6:16:04 PM9/13/13

On Sep 11, 2013, at 22:22 , Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org> wrote:

>> 2) QB and Jackalope
>> I will try to review the QB rewrite a bit on my flight today https://github.com/doctrine/phpcr-odm/pull/318
>> This would allow us to then merge https://github.com/jackalope/jackalope/pull/185 and related PRs
>> BTW It would be great if someone could look into wrapping up https://github.com/jackalope/jackalope/pull/181 and the related issues and maybe apply the same approach to deleteting.
>>
>> Note that if we do merge the QB change we also need to update SonataDoctrineAdminBundle.
>
> this is still on going but making steady progress.

this is merged .. thank you so much Dan for your work!

> we then also need to do:
> https://github.com/sonata-project/SonataDoctrinePhpcrAdminBundle/pull/169
> https://github.com/symfony-cmf/BlogBundle/pull/37
>
> and a nice to have then would be:
> https://github.com/symfony-cmf/SearchBundle/issues/2
>
> finally we should also do this for RC1 (and maybe do something similar for bulk delete too)
> https://github.com/jackalope/jackalope/pull/181

before we can do this we also need to update PHPCR ODM for these changes:
https://github.com/phpcr/phpcr/pull/68
signature.asc