ASP.Net returns- Unable to load DLL 'sybdrvado11.dll'

GG

Oct 18, 2005, 12:43:01 PM10/18/05
I am getting the following error.
However I do have all the sybase dlls on the bin dir and
added the dll path to the path enviroment. Any ideas?

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type
'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. --->
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has
been thrown by the target of an invocation. --->
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for
'Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection' threw an exception.
---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL
'sybdrvado11.dll': The specified module could not be found.
(Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at
Sybase.Data.AseClient.Unmanaged.AseGetDriverVersion(StringBuilder
value, Int32 capacity)
at Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection.CheckVersion()
at Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection..cctor()
at Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection..ctor(String
connectionString)

Paul

Oct 19, 2005, 11:50:29 AM10/19/05
Hi GG

What bin? directory? If it is the ASP.NET bin I think this should work. We
find that if the DLLs (Sybase.Data.AseClient.dll and sybdrvado11.dll) are
copied to the directory where the ASP.NET page is running from this should
work. So assuming you did this, what version are the 2 DLLs?

-PV

Geir

Oct 19, 2005, 12:01:26 PM10/19/05
Check Path - include c:\sybase\ADO.NET\dll
last try:
Copy sybdrvado11.dll to
C:\WINDOWS\assembly\gac\Sybase.Data.AseClient\1.1.411.0__26e0f1529304f4a7\

Geir

> I am getting the following error.
> However I do have all the sybase dlls on the bin dir and
> added the dll path to the path enviroment. Any ideas?
>
> System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type
> 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. --->
> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has
> been thrown by the target of an invocation. --->
> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer
> for 'Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection' threw an
> exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to
> load DLL 'sybdrvado11.dll': The specified module could not
> be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
> at
> Sybase.Data.AseClient.Unmanaged.AseGetDriverVersion(String

> Builder value, Int32 capacity)

GG

Oct 19, 2005, 2:18:50 PM10/19/05
Correct we did that.
We use version 1.1.465.0

Thanks

> Hi GG
>
> What bin? directory? If it is the ASP.NET bin I think this
> should work. We find that if the DLLs
> (Sybase.Data.AseClient.dll and sybdrvado11.dll) are copied
> to the directory where the ASP.NET page is running from
> this should work. So assuming you did this, what version
> are the 2 DLLs?
>
> -PV
>
> <GG> wrote in message
> > news:43552536.62b...@sybase.com... I am getting
> > the following error. However I do have all the sybase
> > dlls on the bin dir and added the dll path to the path
> enviroment. Any ideas? >
> > System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type
> > 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. --->
> > System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception
> > has been thrown by the target of an invocation. --->
> > System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer
> > for 'Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection' threw an
> > exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to
> > load DLL 'sybdrvado11.dll': The specified module could
> > not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
> > at
> >
> Sybase.Data.AseClient.Unmanaged.AseGetDriverVersion(String

> > Builder value, Int32 capacity)

GG

Oct 19, 2005, 2:28:21 PM10/19/05
I only see C:\WINDOWS\assembly
Do I manually create the folder

C:\WINDOWS\assembly\gac\Sybase.Data.AseClient\1.1.411.0__26e0f1529304f4a7\
and Copy sybdrvado11.dll?

Thanks

Geir

Oct 20, 2005, 3:18:35 AM10/20/05
To Disable Fusion GAC Viewer (Folder): My
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Fusion\DisableCacheViewer\
-> 1

Geir

> I only see C:\WINDOWS\assembly
> Do I manually create the folder
> C:\WINDOWS\assembly\gac\Sybase.Data.AseClient\1.1.411.0__2

> 6e0f1529304f4a7\ and Copy sybdrvado11.dll?

GG

Oct 24, 2005, 12:17:43 PM10/24/05
Still did not work.
We vare thinking that It may be the box so we will try to
move it to a brand new server

> To Disable Fusion GAC Viewer (Folder): My
> Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Fusion\Disa

> bleCacheViewer\ -> 1

johnfparker

Oct 27, 2005, 5:38:35 PM10/27/05
On 19 Oct 2005 08:50:29 -0700,
in sybase.public.connectivity.adonet

does this work for asp.net 2.0?

Andrew Schonberger

Oct 28, 2005, 5:15:31 AM10/28/05
I would try, at a command prompt:

GACUTIl /IL Sybase.Data.AseClient.dll

same for all the other DLLs. This command line utility comes with the
free 1.1 SDK, and installs a DLL into the global cache assembly. In
Dot.Net-Land, this means more than just simply copying the DLLs to the
winnt\assemblies\gac subdirectory.

Andrew

Paul

Oct 28, 2005, 5:37:35 PM10/28/05
Hi GG,

If you are still ahving trouble with this please log a case with Sybase Tech
Support - we can get all the info and figure out what is going wrong with
this.

-Paul

GG

Dec 27, 2005, 2:55:12 PM12/27/05
Thanks all for your response.
This is how we solved it in case somebody else has the same
problem.
The msvcr71.dll (C runtime) was not in the system32 dir.
We copied msvcr71.dll and sybdrvado11.dll to system32 dir
and reboot the machine.