GM Minutes and links update

Jess Robinson

Jun 18, 2016, 6:04:22 AM6/18/16
to in...@swindon-makerspace.org, swindon-makerspace.googlegroups.com

Hi all,

At the General Meeting earlier this month (which most members were at,
thanks for coming!) it was mentioned that some of the newer members
haven't been introduced to all the web tools and things that the
Makerspace uses as a group.

Here they are (hopefully I haven't missed any):

* Website - https://swindon-makerspace.org - Main public face of the
Makerspace, calendar of booked events and open days etc. We'd love more
articles on what people are doing locally or at the space.

* Google Drive -
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwHazH-m6GzLckRORVNmaEZHVTQ - various
documents on the space, workshops, lists of tools ...

* Telegram - https://telegram.me/joinchat/A5Xbrj7rku3FJlueOPF8vg - this is
a chat program (like IRC, WhatsApp etc) where most of the online
discussion happens now. Clients available for various phones and web.

* Google Groups -
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/swindon-makerspace - email
discussions, used a lot less since we started using Telegram

* Github - https://github.com/swindonmakers - This is where we keep our
various bits of code, for example all the designs and code for the
LogoBots, 3d printer settings, and also (currently) the Wiki -
https://github.com/swindonmakers/snhack.github.io/wiki -

* Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/snhackspace

* Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/groups/swindon-hackspace/

* Twitter - https://twitter.com/swindonmakers

* Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/swindon.makerspace/

As a member, please also make sure you've read and understood the
Membership Guide, which is on Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ruqYeKe7kMMnNzKh_LLo2aeoFufMfQsdX987iU6zgCI

Here are the minutes of the meeting:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18LZKcxxvh_phV6Xfol9dx5yDVClP2K30calCAMfW3E8

If you'd like to join in with any of the above, write articles, upload
code to share etc, please just ask. Suggestions for new presences also
welcome.

Regards,

Jess Robinson