Hitchin Hackspace - we need your votes!

Richard Cowley

Nov 10, 2017, 9:52:10 AM11/10/17
to swindon-makerspace

Hi,

Apologies for being a cheeky interloper (and thanks to the moderators for approving this post), but I have a huge Hackspace favour to ask…

Hitchin Hackspace is a relatively small (with big(hak) ideas ;) ), Hackspace in Hertfordsire. We've been going for about 6 years now; at the moment we meet once a week in a rented building, but we finally have a semi-derelict old building of our very own to fit out.

In order to bring in some much needed cash, we've entered the Aviva Community Fund competition. There is a public vote, with the top 8 entrants from each category going forward to a judging panel, with the possibility of being awarded up to £25,000.

We really, really need more votes,so I'm appealing to you, our fellow Hackspacers, to help us out. Please spare us a couple of minutes and vote for us here: https://community-fund.aviva.co.uk/voting/project/view/17-6297

Your vote genuinely could make a difference. We're not quite at the top of the category, but if a couple of hundred people voted for us, we'd be there. It really is that close, and your vote could mean we can build something truly awesome.

More about our plans and activities here:http://hackhitchin.org.uk/category/the-facilities/

Apologies if you've already seen this through other channels, and our profound thanks if you've already voted for us. If you're ever in Hitchin, pop by for a cuppa and a biscuit. Oh, and if you've got any materials left over from your renovation we might be able to find a good home for them :) .

Cheers,

Rich