Bristol Mini Maker Faire - Sept 3rd - are we going !?

Jess Robinson

Jul 22, 2016, 4:40:46 AM7/22/16
to swindon-makerspace.googlegroups.com

Hi all,

The Bristol Mini Maker Faire is on September 3rd this year, in Bristol at
At-Bristol Science Centre (central Bristol). We went to this as the
Swindon Hackspace last year and had a good time (In my opinion, comments
from others welcome ;)

Who wants to attend this year? That is, having an official Makerspace
table, to show off our toys, give out leaflets and generally chat to
folks. Last year we had two tables, one full of LogoBots writing, being
driven about etc, and one with the Museum's Teletype the plot clock, Rob's
led cube etc.

I'm happy to do the applying, ideally we need 3-4 people who are willing
to stand some of the day behind our table and talk to people about the
things on it. This will not be a "stand here all day" thing, a min of 2 is
needed behind the table, and we can organise shifts or just be nice to
each other, so people can also wander about looking at the other things.

We also need some things to take, currently I'm thinking:

LogoBots
Open Day games
Teletype - if Simon agrees, and someone wants to (again!) replace its
cover - maybe a square one this time!?
3D printer (the M3D cos dinky)

We need to apply by July 29th! (cos I never do anything last minute..)

Please reply (asap, by Wed 27th, so we can discuss it then if necessary)
with:

1) Offers to come lurk behind our table and talk to people

2) Items we can take to show off

3) Ideas of something we can co-operatively build between now and Sept 3d
to add to our arsenal..

Some photos from last year:
https://www.flickr.com/search/?group_id=2017655%40N23&view_all=1&text=bristol

More details: https://bristolmakerfaire.com/

Jess

Simon Webb

Jul 24, 2016, 4:14:14 AM7/24/16
to swindon-makerspace
You would be very welcome to borrow the teletype! If you go, could you take some of our leaflets?

Simon