3DR Solo Integration Guide

Rai Gohalwar

Jun 20, 2016, 8:07:08 PM6/20/16
to swiftnav-discuss
Hello UAV Pilots and Piksi users,

I am super excited to announce the release of the 3DR Solo integration guide for the Piksi. The guide explains in detail the hardware and software set-up for getting Piksi up and running on the 3DR Solo. The guide explorers two different methods of integration (dedicated radio and corrections over solo-link).

I would encourage all Solo pilots to use the guide to run Piksi on their copter and see the performance difference. Feedback and comments on the guide would be greatly appreciated.

If there is anything confusing or wrong with the guide, leave a comment below and we will fix it as soon as possible.

Best

Rai Gohalwar

Swift-Navigation Team

俊黄

Jan 8, 2017, 12:26:30 AM1/8/17
to swiftnav-discuss
Hi
Thank you for the step by step guide.

My question is how can I write the GPS data into the images?

There are software that can match the GPS log and the images, but they can not match very precisely. The point of the RTK on a drone is to have a precise GPS data for every image.

An additional question is:
The tutorial is for the evaluation kit. Can I put the multi evaluation kit on 3DR solo per the same steps?

Looking forward to your reply.

Jun

rai gohalwar

Jan 14, 2017, 6:23:15 PM1/14/17
to swiftnav-discuss
Hi Jun,

If I understand you correctly, you want to add the GPS data to the EXIF meta-data of each image. This is actually very ideal for anyone trying to use their own post-processing software for those images. When we collected images on a UAV with Piksi, we were using PIX4D to post-process images. PIX4D allows us to import a .csv file which has all the data for each image.

From my understanding, there is no dedicated UAV software that takes a folder of images, and GPS/IMU data and interpolates/adds the precise data to the image's EXIF.

As far as using Piksi multi on the Solo, it is possible but the integration procedure will be a little different. The piksi multi has a very different hardware integration situation compared to the original piksi.  There will soon be UAV related Piksi Multi accessories and integration guides. I don't know any exact dates, but most likely in the first half of this year.

Best

Rai Gohalwar

Matthew Sharr

Apr 18, 2018, 1:15:56 PM4/18/18
to swiftnav-discuss
Hi Jun,

Did you make any progress on this? I'm trying to do a similar thing.

Thank you,
-Matt