survey station data

Sam

Sep 20, 2016, 1:18:12 PM9/20/16
to swiftnav-discuss
Hi,

what are the consequences to the relative position of the rover to the base station if I do not put in a surveyed station?

Sam

rai gohalwar

Sep 21, 2016, 2:57:25 AM9/21/16
to swiftnav-discuss
Sam,

If you don't put your coordinates, then your position will not be pseudo-absolute. Essentially what that mean is that your baseline data will be very precise every time but your LLH position will not be accurate.

I would recommend you put something there. The newest console (I believe V0.29) has a auto-survey feature. It will automatically estimate and add the values for you.

Best

Rai Gohalwar

Sam

Sep 21, 2016, 9:39:29 AM9/21/16
to swiftnav-discuss

Thanks Rai,

that's what I thought. In a particular instance I was getting a larger variance than 1cm when it was in RTK mode and I was curious to know if by leaving the station as zero or putting in some rubbish data would have an influence.

Regards,

Sam

rai gohalwar

Sep 21, 2016, 12:49:51 PM9/21/16
to swiftnav-discuss
Sam

I would recommend you added something logical in that field. If your SPP is off by more than 15 km (I think) from the given position, you will get a miss-match error. Leaving it as 0,0,0 or something random may not cut it.

Best

Rai Gohalwar