IMU data

Giulia De Lorenzo

Mar 15, 2017, 12:02:49 PM3/15/17
to swiftnav-discuss
Hello,

I'm working with a Piksi Multi module configured as rover to get IMU raw data, Swift console can generate the .CSV file about the IMU data and .CSV file about the correction received from piksi base station at the same time? How I had to configure the Piksi rover module'UART0 port?
I configured it as rover (to recive the corrections from the base station) so I put in the ''enabled sbp message'' row to 68,72,74,129 but I would that it is able to receive the IMU data too( I should configure the ''enabled sbp message'' to 2304,2305 ).

My  aim is : to make Piksi Multi rover module receive the corrections from the base station and to get IMU data at the same time, furthermore to generate .CSV file about baseline and IMU data(if it is possible)
How could I proceed?

Thanks.

Stefan Witanis (Swift Navigation)

Mar 15, 2017, 11:46:15 PM3/15/17
to swiftnav-discuss
Hello Giulia,

The IMU data is currently (Swift Console version 1.0.A) saved only to the JSON log files. CSV log files contain only position, velocity and baseline data.

The enabled_sbp_messages field applies to the output messages only.There is no any filter for input messages. For the rover the enabled_sbp_messages field should be set to zero to disable all data from being transmitted to the base.Unless, of course, if your intention is to transmit some data back to the base. But if this is your case please note that also the rover's radio configuration needs to be changed to enable it to transmit data.

So in other words, if you want to receive corrections from UART0 and transmit IMU data on the same port you need to set enabled_sbp_messages to "2304,2305".

Cheers,
Stefan

AGanz

Jul 6, 2020, 3:28:38 PM7/6/20
to swiftnav-discuss
I know this is an old thread, but I am finding myself in a similar sticking point. I am attempting to get IMU/gyro data from both base and rover, while only being connected to the rover. The FreeWave radio connection on the Piksi Multi Eval Kit is set to be unidirectional, from base to rover.

I have enabled 2304,2305 (72,74,117,2304,2305,65535 in total) on the base UART0 to ensure that the base is broadcasting the IMU data along with the observation data. How do I access the IMU data from the rover? With the rover IMU output set to false and looking at the logs, there doesn't seem to be any 2304,2305 messages coming through at all. Also, even if I were getting IMU output, I'm not sure how I'd be able to differentiate between the rover's IMU data and the base. Any suggestions to point me in the right direction?

Thanks for your help!