Piksi Multi RTC

Kirk Martinez

Jul 19, 2017, 4:35:04 PM7/19/17
to swiftnav-discuss
hi all,
on the multi's dev board there is a small battery for the module's real time clock. When we use the module on its own do we need to power the rtc with a backup battery? I imagine the onboard linux could be starting at 1970 but... is there a problem. Our current integration only uses the 20 pin connector (RTC bat is on one high density CON)

cheers
Kirk

Dennis Zollo

Jul 19, 2017, 5:37:11 PM7/19/17
to swiftnav-discuss
Kirk,

The Supercap and RTC are not used at present by Piksi Multi's firmware.  We hope to enable some features with this hardware in the future, but for now there is no disadvantage to using only the 20 pin connector to power and communicate with Piksi Multi.

Best,
Dennis