Logging on USB

bastien vincke

Oct 30, 2019, 10:38:17 AM10/30/19
to swiftnav-discuss
Hi,
I am a new user of Piksi multi and I would like to record the RTCM stream directly on a USB stick.
I configured the GPS using Swift Console. I activated "standalone logging", selected the right directory and in USB0 I selected RTCMv3 OUT.

I do have a file that is created on the USB stick (.sbp file). However, I have in this file some amazing parts of the type :

GPS L1CA 9 Outlier removed: obs type 0;
or
~(robust_estimator.cc:230) Outlier detected on index 6; residual -5.581, residual variance 1.099877, variance factor: 2

These parts are not from RTCMv3 and should not be in this file.

What must be done to have a well saved file?

Thank you!

Dennis Zollo

Jun 26, 2020, 8:56:52 PM6/26/20
to swiftnav-discuss
Hello,

Unfortunately, the device only logs raw SBP to the flash drive with the "standalone logging" feature.

However, you can use our sbp2rinex to convert to RINEX. https://support.swiftnav.com/support/solutions/articles/44001907895-sbp-to-rinex-converter-and-data-post-processing

Swift provides  some open source tools to convert the SBP file to RTCMv3 (https://github.com/swift-nav/gnss-converters
Additionally, If you are familiar with RTKLIB (https://github.com/swift-nav/RTKLIB) there should be a way to convert the file as well.
Lastly, you might consider using one of the many UART / RS-232 to sdcard products to record the RTCMv3 serial stream from the device itself (https://www.slerj.com/ssr-lc.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7tb6o-Sg6gIV7R-tBh09RAVwEAQYASABEgK0UPD_BwE)

Hope this helps!

Dennis