Fwd: Invite, Friday 19th June 2015, Out of Play: Technology & Football

Dave Lynch

May 27, 2015, 12:31:31 PM5/27/15
to superp...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: John O’Shea <john....@nationalfootballmuseum.com>
Date: Wed, May 27, 2015 at 5:05 PM
Subject: Invite, Friday 19th June 2015, Out of Play: Technology & Football
To: John O’Shea <john....@nationalfootballmuseum.com>

Dear friends and colleagues,

Friday 19th of June, 6.30-9pm, we are hosting a very special evening to launch Out of Play: Technology & Football a new season of commissions, technological artefacts and events at National Football Museum, Manchester, UK.

We are delighted to announce the world premier of The Time of the Game, an immersive installation by Teju Cole, Jer Thorp, and Mario Klingemann which presents a synchronized global view of the World Cup Final.

Jason Eppink will be presenting the European premiere of his GIF animation collection Who Tripped El Hadji Diouf and we will reveal brand new works from Jen Southern and Matthew Plummer-Fernandez, developed through our National Football Artist Residency programme.

If that’s not enough, there will be the chance to see the Legshocker interface from German design studio Fur, play with Soccket (the energy generating football) and to be introduced to the University of Plymouth’s Humanoid Soccer Robots!

Further projects will be announced nearer to the evening and online at: www.out-of-play.com

I really hope you can join us.

Warm regards,
John O’Shea

PS: RSVP to this address so that we have a sense of numbers attending.

Out of Play: Technology and Football at the National Football Museum, is supported using public funds by Arts Council England.

John O'Shea

Art Curator and Programme Manager

john....@nationalfootballmuseum.com

www.nationalfootballmuseum.com

0161 8718 175

@FootballMuseum

President: Sir Bobby Charlton | Vice Presidents: Sir Alex Ferguson | Sir Trevor Brooking | Sir Geoff Hurst | Sir Tom Finney 1922 - 2014 | Special Ambassador: Mark Lawrenson

Nominated for European Museum of the Year Award 2015.

New exhibition The Greater Game: Football & The First World War now open.

The National Football Museum is a registered charity; number 1050792
Find out more about supporting us at
www.nationalfootballmuseum.com/support-us/play-a-part