iPad or Universal Version?

Neil

May 3, 2012, 3:40:21 PM5/3/12
to Sunstroke
Hello! I am a recent convert to Fever from Google Reader, and I've
been using Sunstroke on my iPhone. I think the app is great. I am
wondering if you are planning to create an iPad version at some point.
I find Fever to be almost unusable on the iPad with Safari, even with
the work that Shaun has done to make it better.

Thank you,
Neil

Anthony Drendel

May 3, 2012, 7:27:27 PM5/3/12
to sunstr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for writing, Neil, and thanks for buying Sunstroke. I agree that the Fever experience on iPad is pretty poor. I'm definitely intending to do an iPad version, but it won't be released soon. I can share a lot of code between the iPhone version and an iPad version, but the UI will have to be drastically changed. I want to push out a few more updates to the iPhone version (one's coming this week) before focusing on the iPad version.

--
Anthony Drendel

Jordan Brock

Oct 24, 2012, 11:40:51 PM10/24/12
to sunstr...@googlegroups.com
Hey Anthony,

I love the iPhone version, and I hate to be "that guy" but I was just wondering if you had an update on the iPad version, if it exists at all?

Cheers,

Jordan

Anthony

Oct 25, 2012, 8:13:33 AM10/25/12
to sunstr...@googlegroups.com
Jordan, thanks for posting. Don't ever worry about being "that guy." It's a completely fair question. Unfortunately, the economics of it just don't work out. I don't earn enough money from Sunstroke to justify spending months building an iPad version (even though I really do want one). Don't worry, though. I will continue to update and improve the iPhone version. A few days ago, I submitted a great update to Apple, which should be approved any day now. I also have a lot of good ideas for ways to improve Sunstroke in the future.

Thanks for buying Sunstroke. I really appreciate it.

Karsten Ehsani

Dec 18, 2012, 2:10:46 PM12/18/12
to sunstr...@googlegroups.com
news for a ipad version?

Anthony Drendel

Dec 18, 2012, 7:19:17 PM12/18/12
to sunstr...@googlegroups.com
Still waiting to see what Reeder does first with its iPad version. If its Fever support is much improved, then I probably won't do an iPad version. If it isn't any better than it is currently, then I'll do a separate iPad version. To be honest, I had thought that Reeder's iPad version would be finished by now.

--
Anthony Drendel

Karsten Ehsani

Mar 10, 2013, 2:55:32 PM3/10/13
to sunstr...@googlegroups.com
now news for a ipad version?

Anthony Drendel

Mar 11, 2013, 1:12:31 AM3/11/13
to sunstr...@googlegroups.com
Nothing to report, yet. However, I have decided to do an iPad version eventually, but I have a few projects to finish first.

--
Anthony

Karsten Ehsani

Mar 13, 2013, 7:32:34 PM3/13/13
to sunstr...@googlegroups.com
now we need a sunstroke for ipad. end of life for google reader https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sunstrokeapp/8tbfBlBg1Qc

Anthony Drendel

Mar 13, 2013, 9:20:11 PM3/13/13
to sunstr...@googlegroups.com
Yep, big news today. Sunstroke for iPad has definitely moved up in the queue of things that I need to get done.

--
Anthony Drendel

Charlie Murff

Mar 14, 2013, 12:21:03 PM3/14/13
to sunstr...@googlegroups.com
I'm an iOS developer myself and would be willing to help with the iPad project. Even if you just want help testing.

John Holland

Mar 14, 2013, 1:34:57 PM3/14/13
to sunstr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Installing Fever today, and your app is the obvious iOS goto for for fever!

Steve Lyb

Mar 25, 2013, 2:18:04 PM3/25/13
to sunstr...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I may have found a workaround/temporary solution to using Fever/Sunstroke on iPad. Wrote up a blog post with pictures on how to do so here, and I'm quite pleased with the result:

Cheers to Sunstroke for iPad and to a great app, Anthony!

Steve

Anthony Drendel

Mar 26, 2013, 4:32:58 AM3/26/13
to sunstr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sending that to me, Steve. It looks interesting, but I can't say that I want to use the current version of Sunstroke on my iPad. Still, it looks like you did a fair amount of work to make it work on the iPad. That's impressive.

I've been working on some potential designs for the iPad app, and I'm getting excited about building it. It definitely won't be just a simple port of the iPhone version. A bunch of other companies/developers are also working on iPad Fever clients. Hopefully, you'll have a native iPad client to play with soon.

--
Anthony Drendel
Message has been deleted